Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingphish

Glory ducks Iowa

It according to Moody there wasn’t much of a shot for Quincy against the dreaded Young.  Post match he conceded that a perfect performance happened to lead to the W.  This after confirming the 8 seed for Nick Lee at NCAAs last year.  

2 minutes ago, Class said:

It according to Moody there wasn’t much of a shot for Quincy against the dreaded Young.  Post match he conceded that a perfect performance happened to lead to the W.  This after confirming the 8 seed for Nick Lee at NCAAs last year.  

It was worse than that. Quincy was leading 2-0 and Moody predicted it would end up 7-2 in Young's favor and that it would still be a dominating win for Young. That was crazy talk. 

Edited by TBar1977

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

Moody is one of the better BTN+ level announcers out there. Keep in mind, this is the BTN Coverage tier that brought us the infamous "illegal fist to back" call.

True.  Just had hope he would be as good as other former wrestlers when they get on these broadcasts.

Just now, Class said:

True.  Just had hope he would be as good as other former wrestlers when they get on these broadcasts.

Matt McDonough has done it in the past for Iowa and is very good. Moody is a volunteer, a homer, and is currently going through chemo so I'm gonna take the PBP for what it's worth.

Also, the scoreboard on the broadcast currently says "Princetown" which is worse than predicting a Young win.

Didn’t Stefanik (sp) bump up a weight?  And he still missed!  Pulled a JDen.

the overmatched guys for Princeton have fought admirably at 33, 41 and 65.  Props.

Edited by Class

Just now, Class said:

Didn’t Stefanowick (sp) bump up a weight?  And he still missed!  Pulled a JDen.

I generally like Princeton's (now my phone is suggesting Princetown) coaching staff and one wrestler is going to miss weight every now and then but two guys missing weight at the first dual is usually a sign of an undisciplined program.

Now that I think of it, Glory did struggle against Iowa backup Aaron Cashman in 2019.  Only earned a decision.  I completely understand his ducking of YBarra.  I wonder what he will say on twitter?

Dude has done a lot of talking over the last two years.

Edited by AHamilton

3 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I generally like Princeton's (now my phone is suggesting Princetown) coaching staff and one wrestler is going to miss weight every now and then but two guys missing weight at the first dual is usually a sign of an undisciplined program.

Yeah, I don’t remember that ever happening prio, 2 guys on the same team missing, let alone their higher ranked leaders.