NJDan

Lee - Glory - Ybarra

Apparently it was known that Lee would not wrestle, but it's a bit of a mystery why Glory also sat out. Is it that Glory wanted to wrestle Lee and Lee only? But it seems that Ybarra has a pretty good pedigree. Why wouldn't Glory want to wrestle him?

14 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Apparently it was known that Lee would not wrestle, but it's a bit of a mystery why Glory also sat out. Is it that Glory wanted to wrestle Lee and Lee only? But it seems that Ybarra has a pretty good pedigree. Why wouldn't Glory want to wrestle him?

So if it was well known then why didn't Lee wrestle?

Not to get all philosophical (or maybe it’s pedantic) but isn’t Ybarra the starter right now? Lee hasn’t wrestled and is technically still in Redshirt. And can a dual have a ‘backup’? Once a match starts that individual has to finish it. You don’t get to sub in a wrestler for poor performance or injury like pulling your QB after a ****ty first quarter.

The fact is that Glory simply missed weight.  He was in Carver and busted his butt for hours and could not make the weight.  Probably a hangover from stepping off the scales at Worlds and putting on a little too much weight, plus the fact he's a good sized 125.  Anyone that says he didn't try either doesn't know or is simply lying for some really "odd' reason, because it's not really material.  He was in Carver and impressed many with this good faith effort to make the cut.  I would have liked to have seen him wrestler Ybarra.  I enjoy watching Glory wrestle.  

22 minutes ago, KTI said:

The fact is that Glory simply missed weight.  He was in Carver and busted his butt for hours and could not make the weight.  Probably a hangover from stepping off the scales at Worlds and putting on a little too much weight, plus the fact he's a good sized 125.  Anyone that says he didn't try either doesn't know or is simply lying for some really "odd' reason, because it's not really material.  He was in Carver and impressed many with this good faith effort to make the cut.  I would have liked to have seen him wrestler Ybarra.  I enjoy watching Glory wrestle.  

No one here knows except you who must have witnessed it. 

6 hours ago, KTI said:

Thank you Fat Glory, Sr.  Kid was afraid of losing to a backup, and he certainly wanted no part of Desanto.  I cannot even imagine what Desanto would do to him.  If he's such a big 125, he should have had no problem bumping up.

Face it... he brought this on himself with his mouth.

11 hours ago, KTI said:

They are telling a different story on one of the other threads.  

I agree with Glory being able to take a week or more.  My point is don't say he didn't try to make the weight because he did.  He simply missed the weight.   I am not being critical of it, it was a fast turn-around.  I truly don't know why the need to say he chose not to weigh in, which is not true.  Nothing significant here, just an odd comment.