NJDan

Lee - Glory - Ybarra

13 minutes ago, KTI said:

I agree with Glory being able to take a week or more.  My point is don't say he didn't try to make the weight because he did.  He simply missed the weight.   I am not being critical of it, it was a fast turn-around.  I truly don't know why the need to say he chose not to weigh in, which is not true.  Nothing significant here, just an odd comment. 

Honest questions: How does anyone know that he missed weight? Is this announced at the match? And how does anyone know that he tried (or how hard he tried)? Is that done publicly?

Also: A Princeton Wrestling tweet says: "Opening the match at No. 1 Iowa! After a medical forfeit at 125, Nick Masters goes for us at 133." Is not making weight considered a medical forfeit? Why use that term?

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:
17 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:
If Lee had wrestled at a world level event so recently he'd be held out till late January.
Glory can have a week

I gotta agree. Glory wrestled 1 match a couple weeks ago, give the kid some time to recover!

obviously you don't know anything about training, traveling peaking etc....

obviously you don't know anything about training, traveling peaking etc....
Clearly. I mean why put out a non peaking athlete for a dual 3 months before Nationals.

Clearly you should be peaking during every match.

Nobody else who wrestled U23s has been able to compete either so that does speak to your peaking comment.

Can't wait to see Robb peak again.

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Clearly. I mean why put out a non peaking athlete for a dual 3 months before Nationals.

Clearly you should be peaking during every match.

Nobody else who wrestled U23s has been able to compete either so that does speak to your peaking comment.

Can't wait to see Robb peak again.

What a world when something so ridiculous makes sense because everyone does it.

23 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't care if he did or not you are being obtuse. 

Sounds like I would have to be there to know how Glory/Ayers handled it, maybe it was poorly, what I know for absolutely certain the Brands' handled the situation way worse.

C'mon dawg. Everyone knows Lee's knee situation. Is it really that difficult to understand why Brands would be picky with his go's? Especially against a wrestler as scrambly as Glory, who, btw, has already injured a wrestler mid match (see the Hudkin's match from 2019 midlands).

Besides, everyone knee Lee would have limited availability going in. He wasn't in the probables listed days before the dual and Brands specifically addressed Lee's limited action in a press conference. Contrast this with Glory's situation, who apparently decided the day of the match that he didn't want to wrestle.

Idk man, I think you got the wrong take on this one

Just now, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

C'mon dawg. Everyone knows Lee's knee situation. Is it really that difficult to understand why Brands would be picky with his go's? Especially against a wrestler as scrambly as Glory, who, btw, has already injured a wrestler mid match (see the Hudkin's match from 2019 midlands).

Besides, everyone knee Lee would have limited availability going in. He wasn't in the probables listed days before the dual and Brands specifically addressed Lee's limited action in a press conference. Contrast this with Glory's situation, who apparently decided the day of the match that he didn't want to wrestle.

Idk man, I think you got the wrong take on this one

If Lee generally isn't healthy enough to risk a match with Glory he needs to retire. Obviously if something happened recently then I'm wrong. 

Or I'll put it this way, if he isn't in college to test himself against the #3 guy, entertain the fans that make his situation possible, and honor the whole spirit of competition, he shouldn't be there. 

25 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

If Lee generally isn't healthy enough to risk a match with Glory he needs to retire. Obviously if something happened recently then I'm wrong. 

Or I'll put it this way, if he isn't in college to test himself against the #3 guy, entertain the fans that make his situation possible, and honor the whole spirit of competition, he shouldn't be there. 

Interesting. What are your thoughts about McIlravy missing all those matches his senior year. Should he have retired?

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't care if he did or not you are being obtuse. 

Sounds like I would have to be there to know how Glory/Ayers handled it, maybe it was poorly, what I know for absolutely certain the Brands' handled the situation way worse.

I think you are the obtuse one.  I am being very acute.  Answer the question.  He knew Lee wasn't wrestling.  Still went.  Missed weight.  Awful.

Kid has a big mouth.  Came back to bite himself.

Edited by AHamilton

34 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I think you are the obtuse one.  I am being very acute.  Answer the question.  He knew Lee wasn't wrestling.  Still went.  Missed weight.  Awful.

Kid has a big mouth.  Came back to bite himself.

I thought you were obtuse but you just can't read apparently. 

You can't defend Iowa so you've been pretending for 4 responses in a row that i'm defending glory....

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

I thought you were obtuse but you just can't read apparently. 

You can't defend Iowa so you've been pretending for 4 responses in a row that i'm defending glory....

I actually got 760 on my SAT verbal, so I think the problem is with someone that has never been to Weehawken.

I got only 600 verbal.  No surprise there really :) 

But when it comes dcomes it, I can see Glory taking the perspective of wondering whether Lee was ducking him and not being willing to play Iowas little game in which he would face off against the backup.  Thats the perspective I would take as a slightly paranoid individual.