Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Yianna vs Abas

23 minutes ago, Bronco said:

According to Cornell head wrestling coach Mike Grey it will be Yianni vs Abas at 149 lbs - according to this short video:

https://twitter.com/BigRedWrestling

And Cardenas at 197 ("all freshmen and one soph from 165 up").  Ramirez, Foca, Loew, Cardenas, Fernandes?  I assume Grey means "wrestling eligibility year".

1 hour ago, klehner said:

And Cardenas at 197 ("all freshmen and one soph from 165 up").  Ramirez, Foca, Loew, Cardenas, Fernandes?  I assume Grey means "wrestling eligibility year".

I haven't watch the video yet, first off.  Does he elude or insinuate that Darmstadt lost the spot?

What was Yianni’s deal in the 3-1 win (1 pt was a penalty.

a lot of celebrating but he was a heavy, heavy favorite wasn’t he?  Then some very hard clubs at the end and animated crying gestures to the Stanford bench.

seemed a bit out of character 

Just now, Class said:

a lot of celebrating but he was a heavy, heavy favorite wasn’t he?  Then some very hard clubs at the end and animated crying gestures to the Stanford bench.

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if there is some sort of backstory there.

It was a weird match, overall

12 minutes ago, Class said:

maybe he was mad about the move for the penalty point? (grabbing his shoelace) idk. i was surprised too.

38 minutes ago, Class said:

Heel turn.

40 minutes ago, Class said:

Does he have hard feelings toward Koll for leaving?  Or is it something else?

33 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Is Ramirez really up on Griffith right now?

Great match, Ramirez came out aggressive and scored the first TD; then in the 2nd pd worked an escape near the edge and right into a throw landing OOB.  Griffith looked a bit dazed, and bleeding some from the landing.  Not sure if that affected him moving forward, but Ramirez really took it to him.