Bardamu911

Trey Munoz, OSU

what's going on with Trey Munoz? He woulda been a slam dunk AA candidate at 174 for the Sun Devils but transferred to Oregon State, I assume because Pendleton took the coaching position. Now he's not ranked on Intermat at all suddenly? Anyone know what's going on with our guy?

what's going on with Trey Munoz? He woulda been a slam dunk AA candidate at 174 for the Sun Devils but transferred to Oregon State, I assume because Pendleton took the coaching position. Now he's not ranked on Intermat at all suddenly? Anyone know what's going on with our guy?

Hasn’t wrestled attached yet.

I was surprised to not see him on the mat against PSU, but I can’t say I blame him for not wanting to wrestle Starocci or Brooks if not 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

He just won the Roadrunner Open, 184, wrestling for OSU's RTC team.  I think he will be a semester guy, so look for him in January.

29 minutes ago, Michael Hansen said:

My son wrestled him in the semis yesterday at the Roadrunner open.  He wrestled unattached.  He looks really good. 

awesome! your son must be really good. I wonder why Munoz is wrestling unattached?

What makes Munoz a slam dunk candidate for AA at 174?  I only know him from the forums but I see no big wins on his career resume:

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/59555/munoz-trey/profile

His best win is probably Jackson Hemauer, who he also has a loss too.  To be fair results aren't bad but I see zero career top20 wins and has a loss to an NAIA guy. 

1 hour ago, CB said:

He just won the Roadrunner Open, 184, wrestling for OSU's RTC team.  I think he will be a semester guy, so look for him in January.

You beat me to it by one hour.   But then again I just got home from yet another visit to the Dentist a few minutes ago.

I believe he was entered in the Roadrunner Open under the name of "Trent" Munoz................right?

58 minutes ago, Gantry said:

What makes Munoz a slam dunk candidate for AA at 174?  I only know him from the forums but I see no big wins on his career resume:

His best win is probably Jackson Hemauer, who he also has a loss too.  To be fair results aren't bad but I see zero career top20 wins and has a loss to an NAIA guy. 

Not a slam dunk...but definitely a threat....to be fair his  NAIA loss was two years ago... last year his losses were to Truax 2x (one in OT), Labrioa (5-3) and O'Malley. He doesn't have any huge wins like you said - but his losses were to quality wrestlers. I think he will be much tougher a weight up and not cutting a ton of weight like he has been. 

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

tough as nails, he fought Truax like a stud and could have gotten the W in either of those matches IIRC. Not saying he's gonna AA but he'd def be in the picture if he wrestled to his potential and peaks in March. 

3 hours ago, Gantry said:

That NAIA guy was a 3x National Champ that started for Wyoming his freshman year and went 1-2 at Big 12s. He won RENO that year. He's beaten more than his fair share of D1 guys. One of his few losses at Baker was an OT loss to Lujan one of the years he made the R12. 

Edited by cowcards15

8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Anybody know what happened with Tanner Harvey..?

Not sure.  He didn't appear in intra squad, 1st two weekends of competition or any of the open tournaments - yet.  Maybe dinged up?