Sign in to follow this  
sockobuw

psu/iowa

I doubt it will happen.

I can't see them agreeing on who will host unless they go with a long term home and away series.

Where did you see the schedule? I am curious if Penn State is wrestling Ohio State and Minnesota.

not scheduled to wrestle a big ten dual in 13-14. hopefully they can get a dual set up outside of the big ten schedule.

Both can afford to take a little "road trip" to a neutral site, and entertain a community that fill the seats, and enjoy D1 College wrestling that they don't normally get to watch live, and in person.

Kinda like the National Duals was trying to do.

not scheduled to wrestle a big ten dual in 13-14. hopefully they can get a dual set up outside of the big ten schedule.

Both can afford to take a little "road trip" to a neutral site, and entertain a community that fill the seats, and enjoy D1 College wrestling that they don't normally get to watch live, and in person.

But will they?

PSU and Iowa are not on the regular season schedule. However, Cael and Brands are trying to set something up. The dual would most likely take place at Carver.

But will they?

Only if someone uses reverse psychology with them and tells them it can't be done.

PSU and Iowa are not on the regular season schedule. However, Cael and Brands are trying to set something up. The dual would most likely take place at Carver.

why most likely carver? they are in a tricky situation where psu had 2 home duals in a row because of the big ten reconfiguration. last year was at iowa and you would figure next time they are on the big ten schedule it will be at psu. tough sell either way why the team deserves the home dual over the other. i would expect that they agree on some type of revenue sharing for the dual.

I think Iowa Penn St. and Minnie should always be on the schedule. Rotate Purdue, Wiskie, Mich St. and Indiana in the B1G until they get there act together and become a top tier team. The top-tier teams need to have duals for the good of the sport.

I remember last year suggesting the Big Ten have a "Leaders" Division and a "Followers" Division, one for the projected top six teams, and one for the projected bottom six. Here's what that would look like for this year, based on a ranking I've done based on the Dual Impact Index' final rankings from last year, and who has graduated.

Leaders Division:

1. Penn State

2. Minnesota

3. Iowa

5. Ohio State

9. Illinois

11. Michigan

Followers Division:

15. Nebraska

20. Northwestern

21. Purdue

34. Wisconsin

39. Michigan State

48. Indiana

I remember last year suggesting the Big Ten have a "Leaders" Division and a "Followers" Division, one for the projected top six teams, and one for the projected bottom six. Here's what that would look like for this year, based on a ranking I've done based on the Dual Impact Index' final rankings from last year, and who has graduated.

Leaders Division:

1. Penn State

2. Minnesota

3. Iowa

5. Ohio State

9. Illinois

11. Michigan

Followers Division:

15. Nebraska

20. Northwestern

21. Purdue

34. Wisconsin

39. Michigan State

48. Indiana

So, the studs beat the crap out of each other and a weeble makes it to the B10 final?

Maybe they can setup a triangular with Okie St during the weekend of the MSG National Dual Championships.

Leaders Division:

1. Penn State

2. Minnesota

3. Iowa

5. Ohio State

9. Illinois

11. Michigan

Followers Division:

15. Nebraska

20. Northwestern

21. Purdue

34. Wisconsin

39. Michigan State

48. Indiana

So, the studs beat the crap out of each other and a weeble makes it to the B10 final?

Where was the suggestion of a Big Ten Championship dual between the winners of the two divisions? I don't recall making that part of it.

Why not go whole hog on the Leaders/Followers idea and add relegation? Top seven teams in one division, bottom seven in the other (14 teams with Rutgers and Maryland). Everyone wrestles the other six teams in their division, and the bottom two teams in Leaders are replaced by the top two teams in Followers each year. Throw in a few cross-division matches, especially to retain long term rivalry matches, and you have some more excitement in the dual meet season.

Why not go whole hog on the Leaders/Followers idea and add relegation? Top seven teams in one division, bottom seven in the other (14 teams with Rutgers and Maryland). Everyone wrestles the other six teams in their division, and the bottom two teams in Leaders are replaced by the top two teams in Followers each year. Throw in a few cross-division matches, especially to retain long term rivalry matches, and you have some more excitement in the dual meet season.

That was kind of the idea, that the Leaders and Followers would be adjusted from year to year to make the top six (going to seven after next year, when the conference adds Maryland and Rutgers) the Leaders Division, and the bottom half the Followers Division.

Sounds good to me. Maybe the difference between our ideas is that yours seems to be based more on projected strength for the coming season while my idea was just based on wins and losses the previous year. Imagine a late season dual between two teams to decide which of them gets promoted. I think that would be easy to promote and give a school that is not a national power something concrete to shoot for. If there was some way to tie which division a team is in to money from BTN, that could help encourage teams to want to move up, even if it means tougher competition.

Maybe they can setup a triangular with Okie St during the weekend of the MSG National Dual Championships.

not that unrealistic. OK ST is at PSU that weekend, right?

Have not heard Cowboys at PSU definite yet.....know they were trying to get them here to fill up the Jordan Center. A Tri-meet of some sort with IA thrown in would definitely fill the joint!! LOVE THE IDEA

There will not be two divisions... it will be one division and you will wrestle 9 teams a year

The fact that PSU and Iowa don't wrestle is a product of the system.. no system is perfect and it is what it is.

Everyone would love to see this dual meet every year but with only 16 dates and Iowa having to fit in Okie State, Iowa State, (maybe UNI) Midlands, and an open tournament it doesn't leave very many dates open.

Same with PSU.. they have a schedule made up of the season and where they want to go and sometimes it just doesn't work out..

all the more drama for the NCAA's and Big Tens