Sign in to follow this  
Idaho

Iowa vs Oregon State dual moved to Sunday

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Seriously. Did they decide to look for flights mere days before the meet?

There have been a lot of flights cancelled, more so by certain airlines.  Prob not a lot of options Oregon to Iowa.  

40 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Their flight from Eugene to Denver got delayed by something like nine hours this morning due to their plane breaking (it literally just took off).

So are they still wrestling? 
Oregon State Twitter:

VAEHBPOV_x96.jpg

Update: unfortunately travel issues will prevent us from making the trip to Iowa.

4 minutes ago, funnyfletcher said:

Army is wrestling at Iowa State tomorrow, so they'll already be in the state. 

Nonetheless, I would loooooove to have heard that phone call where you just know Tom Brands and Kevin Ward haggled on how many Hawkeye starters had to sit for Army to take the match haha

1 hour ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Somehow, this will get construed into yet another example of Brands ducking tough competition

Max Murin threatened to transfer if he had to wrestle Cory Crooks...not because he was afraid of the match, because he regards that as beneath him 

3 hours ago, klehner said:

And, from the Army head coach:

I think the brothers will like that.  Both love military history and will probably enjoy the atmosphere.  I was able to compete at West Point twice, and ate in the dining hall with the cadets.  Some of my favorite college wrestling memories.

24 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I think the brothers will like that.  Both love military history and will probably enjoy the atmosphere.  I was able to compete at West Point twice, and ate in the dining hall with the cadets.  Some of my favorite college wrestling memories.

As long as Iowa is traveling to NY state, there's this other team there that they might want to think about...

14 hours ago, klehner said:

As long as Iowa is traveling to NY state, there's this other team there that they might want to think about...

Did that team change their schedule to salvage a November dual?

Otherwise, Iowa doesn't travel to wrestle non-league  in 900 seat venues. Vincenzo Joseph was joking about the supposedly "hostile" crowd at Cornell.  

I mean: Hofstra, Columbia, Rutgers (league), and even Lehigh are all closer to West Point than a 4 hour +  bus ride to Ithaca.  Heck, I'm probably missing some.

And at least Hofstra and Columbia are near major airports.

Edited by AHamilton