Bardamu911

Teemer and Norfleet not wrestling at the Cowboy Open today?

I noticed that ASU's Jesse Vasquez medically forfeited his first two matches today at 141 lbs.

Oh, and KORDELL Norfleet is not competing today (at 197 lbs)

His younger brother, Kendall Norfleet, is the one who is competing today "Unattached" and he's at 165 lbs.

Edited by Bronco

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

I noticed that ASU's Jesse Vasquez medically forfeited his first two matches today at 141 lbs.

Oh, and KORDELL Norfleet is not competing today (at 197 lbs)

His younger brother, Kendall Norfleet, is the one who is competing today "Unattached" and he's at 165 lbs.

I saw that too, Vasquez get injured? god I hope not

49 minutes ago, DBHoops said:

I was looking forward to watching Vasquez today.

Only interesting possible match i see in the event now is Schultz-Andrews...let me know if I am missing something

Well if you were expecting there to be lots of interesting matches at the Cowboy Open they I'd suggest to you that you are looking in the wrong place.   I've been watching the results at the Cowboy Open for more than 20 years and it's rarely a place where great matchups occur.   In fact there are a lot less matches period there these days.  I remember when the brackets at  the annual Cowboy Open used to have more than twice as many participants as they have this year.

However I would point out the championship match at 149  lbs between ASU's Kyle Parco (formerly of Fresno State) vs Wyoming's Jaron Jensen.  These two met last season at the Big 12 tournament and Parco won 6-4 in SV OT # 1 over Jensen.

There is also the upcoming championship match at 285 lbs between ASU's Cohlton Schultz and Wyoming's Brian Andrews.  Last time these two met was at the NCAA tournament where Schultz won over Andrews because Andrews was disqualified (for leaving the mat too many times if I recall correctly).  These two met previously last season in the ASU, Wyoming & UVU round robin event (Jan. 2021) and Schultz won that match 4-2 over Andrews.

Edited by Bronco

20 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Cael Valencia 3-2 over #10 Hastings. Officially on burn the redshirt watch.

Agreed.   Especially since 174 and 184 are ASU's two weakest lineup weight classes this season.

Cael won that match with a takedown about half-way thru the 3rd period to make it 3-1 and then gave up an escape to make the final score 3-2.

2 hours ago, Bronco said:

Agreed.   Especially since 174 and 184 are ASU's two weakest lineup weight classes this season.

Cael won that match with a takedown about half-way thru the 3rd period to make it 3-1 and then gave up an escape to make the final score 3-2.

Great match for Cael he can get them big team points at nationals. Bet the shirt gets pulled for their next home dual, January 9 vs Iowa State. 

20 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Cael Valencia 3-2 over #10 Hastings. Officially on burn the redshirt watch.

Also worth mentioning about Cael is he majored the ASU starter so far this season (Zane Coleman).  The score was 12-4 Valencia over Coleman in their match at the Cowboy Open.