Bardamu911

let's guess how long Spencer Lee can be inactive and stay #1...

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Cardinale is going 133 this year and should be back soon , Tim Flynn mentioned this in a recent interview , and the earliest Hildebrandt can compete is Jan 2 I believe 

Cardinale is going 125, might be back early Jan.

7 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

I'll set the over/under at 3 months and take the over. We're gonna have an 0-0 guy #1 seed in the National tournament. 

He can sit out the entire season except the Big 10 championship.  I'm still picking him to win the NCAA tournament.

Has anyone considered maybe he's had his heart broken? What's a snapped knee ligament or two when your heart's been ripped out and stomped on by some Tri-Delt coed who let you buy her a few drinks at the Airliner before being whisked away by an Iowa basketball player who's taller than 5'5. Iowa City's a small town and these things take time to get over, people.

Edited by Fletcher

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

What if he looks different at Big 10s? 

Big 10 is not super deep at his weight. SL beats guys like Schroder, McKee, and Heinselman at 50%.  If Hildebrant wrestles, I would include him in that group.  Only Suriano poses a threat at conference, and SL could just forfeit the finals match and still get a high seed at the NCAA tournament based on being the returning 3x champ.

For the NCAA tournament, the committee will split up SL, Suriano, Glory, and Vito into different quarter brackets.  This is all assuming that both Vito and Suriano wrestle at 125.

21 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Has anyone considered maybe he's had his heart broken? What's a snapped knee ligament or two when your heart's been ripped out and stomped on by some Tri-Delt coed who let you buy her a few drinks at the Airliner before being whisked away by an Iowa basketball player who's taller than 5'5. Iowa City's a small town and these things take time to get over, people.

btdt?

7 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I'm pretty sure he would wrestle thru myocardial infarction.  Playing through the pain always proves worthwhile in the long run.

10 hours ago, Fletcher said:

The implication being he is 5'5"?  No way!!!!

50 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Who cares. Let him be the #33 seed. Still going to smash the field. 

That's the problem and I think someone else pointed it out. We could punish him with a lower seed, but it also punishes other guys whose seeds get messed up. Most importantly, it punishes us fans who then miss out on the excitement of having the two best guys meet in the finals.

11 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Big 10 is not super deep at his weight. SL beats guys like Schroder, McKee, and Heinselman at 50%.  If Hildebrant wrestles, I would include him in that group.  Only Suriano poses a threat at conference, and SL could just forfeit the finals match and still get a high seed at the NCAA tournament based on being the returning 3x champ.

For the NCAA tournament, the committee will split up SL, Suriano, Glory, and Vito into different quarter brackets.  This is all assuming that both Vito and Suriano wrestle at 125.

Assuming he is 100% healthy, yes. 

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

I was about to make a post "Lee will wrestle the least amount of college matches of any 4x champ, between now and forever "

Combined with his numerous L's, this will place him at the absolute very bottom of the pack of 4 timers. Still a great wrestler, but the others would have to be higher for sure. 

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Combined with his numerous L's, this will place him at the absolute very bottom of the pack of 4 timers. Still a great wrestler, but the others would have to be higher for sure. 

You act like the list of 4 timers is long…

Rankers need to take a stand.  If don’t wrestle in November and don’t wrestle in December then you aren’t in the rankings.  Period.  Hell, I’d prefer just going by November but I’m being soft.

How many would rank a college football team Oct 1 that didn’t play a game in August or September while the other teams did play.  

36 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Assuming he wins this year I would place him above Pat and Logan and behind Cael and Dake.  Dominance being a major factor.

45 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

You act like the list of 4 timers is long…

It's just a way for Tbar to take another cheap shot at an Iowa wrestler.  YES Tbar you are correct, because of his oh so many L's, Lee would be at the very bottom of a list of 5.  Good thing you pointed that out though.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Stieber had 6 losses in his career at tOSU, if Lee goes undefeated this season he would have 5 career losses.