Bardamu911

let's guess how long Spencer Lee can be inactive and stay #1...

6 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Wiki has Stieber at 119-3

Spencer is at 75-5

Stieber had better competition overall.

I don't see Spencer above Stieber unless he comes back this weekend and goes undefeated.

since you are unbiased, don't forget the pin

17 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Wiki has Stieber at 119-3

Spencer is at 75-5

Stieber had better competition overall.

I don't see Spencer above Stieber unless he comes back this weekend and goes undefeated.

Don't forget the three losses Stieber had as a varsity wrestler before breaking his hand before wiping that season off his tOSU stats.

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Combined with his numerous L's, this will place him at the absolute very bottom of the pack of 4 timers. Still a great wrestler, but the others would have to be higher for sure. 

If it happens, then based on folkstyle only:

Tier 1: Cael

Tier 2: Dake

Tier 3:

Lee, Steiber, Smith in that order. 

Lee (5 losses) narrowly, and I do mean   n a r r o w l y   edges out Steiber (3 losses). Lee has been pinned but to me the 2x Hodge tips the scales in his favor. Pat Smith had 5 losses and a tie, but never dominated the field in the same manner as Lee or Steiber.

36 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Tier 3:

Lee (5 losses) narrowly, and I do mean   n a r r o w l y   edges out Steiber (3 losses). Lee has been pinned but to me the 2x Hodge tips the scales in his favor. Pat Smith had 5 losses and a tie, but never dominated the field in the same manner as Lee or Steiber.

I would have Steiber higher due to his international freestyle career, but agree with everything else you said.

3 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

So he gets credits for things he did after college? 

Posters here are giving SL credit for winning 2 Hodge trophies, which is an arbitrary media award, as a tiebreaker with LS.  At least international accomplishments are won on the mat.

48 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Tier 3:

Pretty sure Steiber got beat in the finals so he can't be ahead of Smith.  

10 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Posters here are giving SL credit for winning 2 Hodge trophies, which is an arbitrary media award, as a tiebreaker with LS.  At least international accomplishments are won on the mat.

Alright then Spencer has two world titles and a US Senior Nationals title all before using up his eligibility. 

Rankers need to take a stand.  If don’t wrestle in November and don’t wrestle in December then you aren’t in the rankings.  Period.  Hell, I’d prefer just going by November but I’m being soft.
How many would rank a college football team Oct 1 that didn’t play a game in August or September while the other teams did play.  
What would that accomplish? If he wrestles his first match in January, do you then ignore all past accomplishments and make him work his way back up the rankings, or rank him where he would have been had he never been dropped? Coach's poll is what is going to matter for seeding, not any of the other rankings, so it seems pointless to remove him as though it is some sort of punishment.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Doesn't Stieber get the edge on competition?  Excluding his true freshmen campaign (I'm not saying thats fair as a point of argument I'm just making sure I have the story straight) he only lost to Oliver, Retherford and who else?

Lee's biggest wins aren't that great Suriano, Tomasello......whom am I missing?

33 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Doesn't Stieber get the edge on competition?  Excluding his true freshmen campaign (I'm not saying thats fair as a point of argument I'm just making sure I have the story straight) he only lost to Oliver, Retherford and who else?

Suriano and Tomasello aren’t multiple time champs because Spencer Lee beat them to win his. 

45 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

folk: Rivera, Mueller, Glory, Picc.

free: Vito, NaTo, Cruz (not a great win, been giving off gatekeeper vibes for awhile now), Sanders (who pinned a world champ!)

Your point stands though. Lee's wins don't stand up to Stieber's best, who beat 3 exceptionally good wrestlers in Oliver, Ramos, and Zane (albeit true freshman noodle arms Zane)

When comparing wrestlers creds, i often like to take a step back and evaluate by style. Even though they are both obviously freaks, if I had to call one  "just" a freak it would be stieber. Lee has unbelieveable handfighting skills, its so clean you almost want to take the word "fighting" out of it, stieber sometimes looked like he was just diving in and using his freaky strength to gut out finishes no one else could. 

Three other things that don't really belong in the "career vs career" discussion, I'd say Stieber is tougher, but Lee gets knods for not redshirting, and obviously competing hurt. 

Has anyone considered maybe he's had his heart broken? What's a snapped knee ligament or two when your heart's been ripped out and stomped on by some Tri-Delt coed who let you buy her a few drinks at the Airliner before being whisked away by an Iowa basketball player who's taller than 5'5. Iowa City's a small town and these things take time to get over, people.

At least it wasn’t some itinerant roofer with a stabbin cabin