Bardamu911

let's guess how long Spencer Lee can be inactive and stay #1...

20 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Has anyone considered maybe he's had his heart broken? What's a snapped knee ligament or two when your heart's been ripped out and stomped on by some Tri-Delt coed who let you buy her a few drinks at the Airliner before being whisked away by an Iowa basketball player who's taller than 5'5. Iowa City's a small town and these things take time to get over, people.

Vak told me that's what happened when piccinnini pinned him

41 minutes ago, powershouse said:

At least it wasn’t some itinerant roofer with a stabbin cabin

Dude - I totally forgot KMF even existed. Thanks for the reminder - there's not too many old-timers left on this board. I'm going to pour out a 40 for my other dead homies - Big, Suzie Shagwell, 5-words, LI Marty...

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

You act like the list of 4 timers is long…

Pretty sure I called it a "pack". I don't think of pack being a long list.

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Huh?  The sentence you bolded said he beats those guys at 50% (and I’d agree)

I thought it was obvious I was disagreeing that Lee could simply beat those guys at 50%. He might not need to be 100%, but I don't think 50% cuts it. 

8 hours ago, Twooooo said:

It's just a way for Tbar to take another cheap shot at an Iowa wrestler.  YES Tbar you are correct, because of his oh so many L's, Lee would be at the very bottom of a list of 5.  Good thing you pointed that out though.

Just stating the case. You can't miss that many matches against your primary competition and then use wins against lower ranked guys as a differentiating factor vs someone else with the same number of titles. They however can use their superior record vs their primary competition as evidence to the contrary. They showed up, Lee is sitting. Sorry, but facts are facts. 

8 hours ago, unbiased said:

Wiki has Stieber at 119-3

Spencer is at 75-5

Stieber had better competition overall.

I don't see Spencer above Stieber unless he comes back this weekend and goes undefeated.

I agree if Spencer doesn't wrestle Iowa State this weekend and *checks notes* Kysen Terukina or Corey Cabanban, he's dead in this debate.  Those would be the crown jewels he needs to put it over the top, and anybody arguing otherwise is clearly lying.

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I agree if Spencer doesn't wrestle Iowa State this weekend and *checks notes* Kysen Terukina or Corey Cabanban, he's dead in this debate.  Those would be the crown jewels he needs to put it over the top, and anybody arguing otherwise is clearly lying.

If he wrestles the absolute minimum matches and goes Fall, tech, major, dec, dec at NCAAs you'd put him over Stieber?

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

If he wrestles the absolute minimum matches and goes Fall, tech, major, dec, dec at NCAAs you'd put him over Stieber?

Spencer Lee could get 8th this year and I would still count him ahead of Stieber. They both get a free year that doesn't count, and we all know that Lee would have torn the 2020 tourney to shreds.

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

Spencer Lee could get 8th this year and I would still count him ahead of Stieber. They both get a free year that doesn't count, and we all know that Lee would have torn the 2020 tourney to shreds.

Yeah thats so far from my opinion we can just hit the irreconcilable differences button.

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Yeah thats so far from my opinion we can just hit the irreconcilable differences button.

Is it though? Walk through the scenario. Both get an extra year. Both wouldn't win NCAAs during their free year. Should it count against one but not the other? I'm just asking the questions man.

159 wins Sanderson

135 wins or thereabouts Dake

121 wins Pat Smith

119 wins Steiber

Never mind Hodge, Uetake, Dan Gable and Gable S.

Now here is Spencer Lee. His career on the most carefully managed pitch count from literally Day 1. He shows up late this year he ends up with what? 85 maybe 90 wins in 5 years?

Btw, that word literally means just that. He could have wrestled Nick Suriano in the Iowa-Rutgers dual in December of his freshman year and they held him out of that dual only to have him wrestle 3 times the very next freaking day at the UNI Open. 

Sorry, he's 5th out of that group.  

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought it was obvious I was disagreeing that Lee could simply beat those guys at 50%. He might not need to be 100%, but I don't think 50% cuts it. 

Wasn't he quoted as saying (dare I say, "making excuses") that he was only at 25% during NCAA's last year?

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Is it though? Walk through the scenario. Both get an extra year. Both wouldn't win NCAAs during their free year. Should it count against one but not the other? I'm just asking the questions man.

You are saying Lee takes 3 loses this year in a shallow weight, and gets 8th...and that that makes him better than a 4 time champ who as far as I can tell had 3 loses total(i asked about this before and can only find retherford oliver patterson) and beat a two time hodge winner 2/3 times? 

159 wins Sanderson
135 wins or thereabouts Dake
121 wins Pat Smith
119 wins Steiber
Never mind Hodge, Uetake, Dan Gable and Gable S.

Now here is Spencer Lee. His career on the most carefully managed pitch count from literally Day 1. He shows up late this year he ends up with what? 85 maybe 90 wins in 5 years?
Btw, that word literally means just that. He could have wrestled Nick Suriano in the Iowa-Rutgers dual in December of his freshman year and they held him out of that dual only to have him wrestle 3 times the very next freaking day at the UNI Open. 
Sorry, he's 5th out of that group.  

Dake went up a weight and took out a future world and Olympic champ. Imagine Sanderson moving up to take out a Steveson.

You have to get marquis wins to be on the GOAT list  Dake understood that and rolled the dice, looks like Suriano might understand it as well.  Suriano and Arujau could be providing Lee with a nice opportunity. I still haven't forgotten about Bresser and Picinnini, so Lee has no where to go but up on that list.  Well below Streebler.

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

44 less wins, three more losses and short one National Championship. As of right now Spencer is nowhere close to Stieber. One can dream though.