NJDan

Cornell at Cliff Keen

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I’d say he’s more likely to win at 149 than 141.

Nick Lee is a better wrestler than anyone at 149 besides Yianni. Eierman, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be right. But what about Sasso.?

And isn't it harder to beat bigger guys, all else equal?

Edited by NJDan

You may be right. But what about Sasso.?
And isn't it harder to beat bigger guys, all else equal?

I think Lee and Eierman could both bump up and beat Sasso.

I also think 149 was the worst weight class at NCAAs last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loew and Ramirez both win to get into the third place match. Both, hanging on to a one point lead, get a last second takedown when the opponent overcommits. Foca also moves on to the third place match without a shot at revenge as Poly's Kemp MFF after falling in the semis. 

Yianni with a really nice takedown in SV to beat Lovett; really similar position to what didn't get called at the end of regulation but not exactly the same. Lovett wrestled well but Yianni's scramble is still really insane in folkstyle since he doesn't have to worry about merely exposing his back.

37 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Yianni with a really nice takedown in SV to beat Lovett; really similar position to what didn't get called at the end of regulation but not exactly the same. Lovett wrestled well but Yianni's scramble is still really insane in folkstyle since he doesn't have to worry about merely exposing his back.

That roll-through to get the takedown in SV was insane.  Most other guys would have been taken down, but he did a roll I've never seen and came out on top.

12 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

yes nolf started hitting it his senior year, but cyler hit it first way back in the day and that's where nolf learned it. there used to be a video of it on youtube, but i can't find it.

I wasn't questioning brother. More so agreeing.

3 hours ago, klehner said:

That roll-through to get the takedown in SV was insane.  Most other guys would have been taken down, but he did a roll I've never seen and came out on top.

He is a magician or a greek freak or both.

2 hours ago, Mphillips said:

I wasn't questioning brother. More so agreeing.

all good! idk if i even took it that way.

honestly incredible that he had the confidence to do that in that spot. cyler and nolf were doing that when they were up big and playing with their food. he did it in sv. 

now that i think of it i think joey lavallee might have hit it in sv against mastriani at ncaas and pinned him. 

great to see loew and foca come back for third. haven't seen the rematch against kharchla but i can't say i'm surprised by the result. i didn't expect griffith to beat kharchla but after a shaky first period griffith showed that ncaa form. and then wick dominated griffith. 165 looks like it'll be a fun weight class.