Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

To he who runs Wrestlingstats.com

I am really sorry to hear about that Jay. You have been a great contributor to the sport and I know I can speak on behalf of about everyone in saying how much we appreciate you. You take care of yourself and you get better. Thanks for all that you do. I know I use wrestlingstats.com a lot.

I had looked into adding these, but my health issues have limited what I have been able to do in the last 18 months. Unfortunately, I have not had enough energy to even keep the existing data current.

If open to posting on here, I'm interested in hearing your status. I don't know you but greatly appreciate all your work and dedication to the wrestling community. I hope things are on the upswing for you. Know that many people that you don't know are sending best wishes.

Buy his book .... They are great !!! My folks were at Iowa Teachers College back in the day ... Post WWII, and the stories from that era, are great!

I bought the book for Dad, and he spent hours reading it, and reliving some moments from college. He and Bill Koll were roommates after the War.

I am dealing with Stage IV cancer. For the last 18 months I have gone through a variety of difficult treatments, which included chemo, radiation, and surgery.

The cancer is gone from the original sites of stomach and esophagus, but I have three small lesions on my liver. Regular chemo is keeping the cancer at bay, but the major side effect is almost continuous fatigue. I have lost 50 pounds since my surgery, but I had it to lose.

The situation has been difficult, but it can be dealt with. In two weeks I will be making my first trip in a long time when I attend Hall of Fame Honors Weekend in Stillwater.

BTW, I have written just one book. I do publish an annual update which can be downloaded from my site. I missed last year, but will very soon have an update available through 2013. I hope that a second edition of the book will be published in an electronic only format (Kindle, iPad, etc.) I will be discussing that with the HOF while in Stillwater.

I bought the book -- it's very good -- even though there is nothing about Michigan State for 2013 ;). (Jay could have at least said that the Spartans, once again, for the 10th year (or whatever) in a row placed last in the Big Ten and tied for 51st at the NCAA tournament!)

Anyway, for this FREE service of Jay's, wrestlingstats.com, you can make a donation to a fantastic cause. Do it.

A lot of time I have been discussing wrestling with people who know 100 times more than I do about wrestling stats, etc. I will mention Jays site and suggest they go onto it. They tell me that they are amazed at all the great stats there.

Best --

DA