hammerlockthree

Anyone else watching IA/ISU?

Iowa fans should ask themselves why these outbursts keep happening with their wrestling program. They should further ask why even former Hawkeyes they once spoke so highly like Brent Metcalf and Derek St John seem to so dislike the Brands led Iowa program.

Now, compare that post match environment to the one following the Penn State vs UPENN dual. Identical to the Iowa State vs Iowa dual, UPENN has two former Penn State wrestlers on their coaching staff. Was there any acrimony? No. Any shouting and shoving? No. Anything at all? No.

And this. Mark Hall when asked about Cael Sanderson says something to the effect of wishing he can be what Sanderson is. All respect and admiration.

The difference between these two programs is like nite and day. 

A whole thread about the Iowa/ISU match and no one mentioned the Ninja high leg move that Eierman used to ghost Redding early in their match.  That was definitely my favorite move of the dual.  I don't know how to break out that little part from the video and post it - if any of you more tech savvy youngsters can do it that would be great - it makes for a better topic of conversation than AD's antics.

55 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Iowa fans should ask themselves why these outbursts keep happening with their wrestling program. They should further ask why even former Hawkeyes they once spoke so highly like Brent Metcalf and Derek St John seem to so dislike the Brands led Iowa program.

Now, compare that post match environment to the one following the Penn State vs UPENN dual. Identical to the Iowa State vs Iowa dual, UPENN has two former Penn State wrestlers on their coaching staff. Was there any acrimony? No. Any shouting and shoving? No. Anything at all? No.

And this. Mark Hall when asked about Cael Sanderson says something to the effect of wishing he can be what Sanderson is. All respect and admiration.

Yes, Iowa didn't bring Andrew Long on board to sexually assault a teammate's mother.

See how I can cherry-pick one incident to make a point?

29 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Yes, Iowa didn't bring Andrew Long on board to sexually assault a teammate's mother.

See how I can cherry-pick one incident to make a point?

Nobody brought Long in to do anything except wrestle. He did that assault on his own, thus making your post a diversion.

The Brands and Desanto combination gets volcanic with regularity. What is it, only two weeks since Desanto went off on Schreiver's father? 

3 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Either Kentucky or turn around?

herd suppli chain issues workn on roofn project down south couldnt get shipmeat of beer wit know weigh to make the drive back north til stabn cabin restocked with pbr   if you aint ben stuck waitn four beer gonna call u a liar 

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

herd suppli chain issues workn on roofn project down south couldnt get shipmeat of beer wit know weigh to make the drive back north til stabn cabin restocked with pbr   if you aint ben stuck waitn four beer gonna call u a liar 

That's a pretty good likeness!  

11 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I have been away from the forum for a while and I couldn’t help but smile and laugh while reading this.  It is good to be back.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

According to various media, it turns out that Iowa wasn't just a squad of random hooligans attacking the Choir Boys from Ames. They just happened to be the ones near the microphone.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I haven't bothered to make this point but Vak is exactly right. There are a variety of reasons for this but i'll say that if you think ISU won some sort of moral victory on Sunday you are insane. 

They won a public relations victory, Iowa's real failing was not realizing that this was the only type of match they could lose and letting it happen. 

32 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

According to various media, it turns out that Iowa wasn't just a squad of random hooligans attacking the Choir Boys from Ames. They just happened to be the ones near the microphone.

Would you care to summarize? I don't know how to read

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I'd agree, would not call them "random."  ;)

11 hours ago, ionel said:

That reads like a Craigslist ad for a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse in Morgantown, WV.

20 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Nobody brought Long in to do anything except wrestle. He did that assault on his own, thus making your post a diversion.

The Brands and Desanto combination gets volcanic with regularity. What is it, only two weeks since Desanto went off on Schreiver's father? 

He did a little more than wrestle though, didnt he? PSU fans have no leg to stand on here. Cael enabled Andrew Long and Andrew sexually assaulted someone because of it.