Mike Parrish

USOPC COVID Vaccine Requirement

22 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Keep in mind Taylor is married to Jimmy Kennedy's sister and Jimmy lost his job at Northwestern for refusal to take the vaccine. If you look at the father of the Kennedys Twitter it’s pretty clear where their family stands on this.

True, although it’s not unheard of for husbands/wives or fathers/daughters to have differing opinions on this…

50 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

The underlying point is that if you want to compete for USAWrestling, you're going to need to be fully vaccinated or have a religious or medical exemption.

I suspect that these exemptions will require rigorous documentation.

Truth /\

3 hours ago, dman115 said:

Do you??  Show any DATA that indicates "world class athletes aren't getting vaccinated and thus are dying and causing other people to die".  And if someone has a PhD and/or MD after their name you should listen to them, and their opinion becomes "science" and/or "data"???  Are they all saying the same thing?  So ridiculous when people say these things.

I’m not saying get in an argument with me or listen to me. I’m saying take the advice of your physician and don’t expect to be able to fully understand science if you don’t have medical or scientific training. We all have doctors that we trust to treat our other illnesses without having a full understanding (maybe you are luckier than I am and don’t have medical problems)-why should this be any different. 

Medical exemptions normally require physician sign off.
Tough to make the case for religious exemption when almost all major religions have said the vaccines are okay and many have said they are the morally correct act. Not imposible if “sincerely held” though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My uncle is a priest and will do a religious exemption letter for anyone for a small church donation. 

I have no issue with people getting a exemption if they are anti vaxx across the board, don’t take medicine, never had polio vaccines and so on but in 99% of the cases these people have taken all the other vaccines and are cherry picking this particular one and making it political.

In response to my questions regarding the mandate, someone said we should take the advice of doctors.  There is disagreement among doctors even.  But taking advice is an indivudual responsibility.   President Biden said it best when he said we are running out of patience with you anti-vaxxers so we are going to lay out mandates.  I'm not trying to bring politics here, but that is history and truth.  The mandate is not rooted in science.   Statistically speaking, high level athletes can get covid but should not have much of in the way of severe symptoms.  Covid strikes those with compromised immune systems and those with other comorbidities.   Applying a vaccine mandate to a whole population is not a method based on the statistics of the malady, the science if you will.  That is my point.   

In fact, the science is showing us that getting vaccinated does not prevent infection or spreading of the disease.   And the science shows us that the covid vaccines run their course in a matter of months.  So boosters are needed and may be mandated.  If the vaccines were a cure and would really end covid, then I might think differently.   Science has shown that is not the case and covid will not be vanquished.  Coronavirus (cold, flu, etc) has a very long history of evading permanent vaccines.  Covid is just a new strain of Coronavirus. 

There are pills being evaluated by FDA that will ward off hospitalizations and deaths and are a game changer with covid.  So vaccine mandates are not really necessary when this comes on the market.  But again, the statistics show who is at risk and it isn't elite athletes who should not have any comorbidities.  If they do, they might want to get vaccinated.

mspart

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

In response to my questions regarding the mandate, someone said we should take the advice of doctors.  There is disagreement among doctors even.  But taking advice is an indivudual responsibility.   President Biden said it best when he said we are running out of patience with you anti-vaxxers so we are going to lay out mandates.  I'm not trying to bring politics here, but that is history and truth.  The mandate is not rooted in science.   Statistically speaking, high level athletes can get covid but should not have much of in the way of severe symptoms.  Covid strikes those with compromised immune systems and those with other comorbidities.   Applying a vaccine mandate to a whole population is not a method based on the statistics of the malady, the science if you will.  That is my point.   

In fact, the science is showing us that getting vaccinated does not prevent infection or spreading of the disease.   And the science shows us that the covid vaccines run their course in a matter of months.  So boosters are needed and may be mandated.  If the vaccines were a cure and would really end covid, then I might think differently.   Science has shown that is not the case and covid will not be vanquished.  Coronavirus (cold, flu, etc) has a very long history of evading permanent vaccines.  Covid is just a new strain of Coronavirus. 

There are pills being evaluated by FDA that will ward off hospitalizations and deaths and are a game changer with covid.  So vaccine mandates are not really necessary when this comes on the market.  But again, the statistics show who is at risk and it isn't elite athletes who should not have any comorbidities.  If they do, they might want to get vaccinated.

mspart

They're a game changer once you've already gotten covid. Ands for those that oppose vaccines because of not knowing what's in them- what's in this new drug that doesn't yet even have an emergency authorization? And of course not all doctors agree on anything but the percentage of relevant and reputable doctors/scientists is ridiculously on one side. Taking advice might be an individual thing, but resisting advice in this case is just plain dumb. The only reason for mandates is because too many people are not taking the vaccine for no good reason. "Freedom" is also the ability to take good advice and do the right thing.

6 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

It's costs less to vaccinate everyone than to hospitalize a percentage.

why you are worried about costs the real policy makers are going scrooge mcduck and loving how easy it is...

1 hour ago, mspart said:

In fact, the science is showing us that getting vaccinated does not prevent infection or spreading of the disease.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html

COVID-19 vaccines are effective at protecting people from COVID-19 and help keep adults and children from getting seriously sick. COVID-19 vaccines can reduce the risk of people spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.

Flatly contradicted by the CDC and all reputable research.

Edited by Mike Parrish

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

this made me giggle...

**two thumbs up**

I don't count people like Simone Gold who insist that all medical maladies are the due to dream based sex with ghosts and demons.

Look on Cell, Lancet, JAMA, NEJM, and other professional medical journals. That kind of reputable research.

3 hours ago, LJB said:

follow the money people...

who is making over the top profits during this "pandemic"?

what ultimately sets policy?

Instead of doing this QAnon-curious style of ambiguous "question asking", why don't you just lay it all out for the rest of us dummies.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:24 AM, Lunaticfringe said:

So I would guess this means no more Gilman, Dake, Burroughs, Taylor, Snyder, Nickal, Tomasello, Nolf and obviously Dean. Anyone from Penn St and Ohio St, probably missing others

I'm pretty sure in one of various videos showing training/day in the life at the RTC (pre Olympics) that Dake commented he was vaccinated.

I think people often mistake someone’s stance on vaccine mandates with their personal choice on being vaccinated. 
For example, I’d like to see everyone vaccinated. But I strongly believe the govt should NOT mandate it on people or private business. However if I came out and said that, most people would assume I’m against vaccination. 

I believe a private business has every right to required vaccination. It IS NOT at all a violation of your rights or freedom. But I don’t believe the govt should mandate any private business require vaccinations. 

Edited by Lurker

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think people often mistake someone’s stance on vaccine mandates with their personal choice on being vaccinated. 
For example, I’d like to see everyone vaccinated. But I strongly believe the govt should NOT mandate it on people or private business. However if I came out and said that, most people would assume I’m against vaccination. 

I believe a private business has every right to required vaccination. It IS NOT at all a violation of your rights or freedom. But I don’t believe the govt should mandate any private business require vaccinations. 

SCOTUS has disagreed repeatedly.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/09/08/vaccine-mandate-strong-supreme-court-precedent-510280