Mike Parrish

USOPC COVID Vaccine Requirement

On 12/14/2021 at 2:58 PM, Billyhoyle said:

I’m not saying get in an argument with me or listen to me. I’m saying take the advice of your physician and don’t expect to be able to fully understand science if you don’t have medical or scientific training. We all have doctors that we trust to treat our other illnesses without having a full understanding (maybe you are luckier than I am and don’t have medical problems)-why should this be any different. 

Have you ever sought a second opinion?

2 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

So this rule goes into effect April 1st right? In all seriousness, if the athletes plan to challenge it in court, they will need to soon. 

The rule went into effect November 1 for athletes.

Effective Nov. 1, 2021, the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee will require all employees, athletes, contractors and others to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtain a medical or religious exemption prior to accessing USOPC facilities – including the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Centers – and all events or activities hosted by the USOPC’s internally managed sports. As of Dec. 1, 2021, this mandate will also extend to all Team USA delegation members or hopefuls for future Games.  

I worked very closely with Big Pharma for 11 years and if you don't think they spin this and have poured tons of $$ to make sure the narrative fits their pocket book, well, maybe YOU are the one who needs tin foil...errr....aluminum foil.  Remember when Big Pharma said, in front of Congress, opioids weren't addictive??  <eye roll>

Glad to see people and athletes fighting back for their rights!  

I have no issue at all with athletes fighting for their rights, and individual freedom. Where things get really murky is this mass confusion of what is, and what is not, constitutionally protected inalienable rights, as Nashon tries to allude to in his video.

55 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I have no issue at all with athletes fighting for their rights, and individual freedom. Where things get really murky is this mass confusion of what is, and what is not, constitutionally protected inalienable rights, as Nashon tries to allude to in his video.

Do they have an inalienable right to compete in USOPC/USAW tournaments without being vaccinated against COVID?

I doubt any court will find that that is the case.

Do they have an inalienable right to compete in USOPC/USAW tournaments without being vaccinated against COVID?

This.

No one is forcing them to do anything. Their rights aren’t being violated. Their “freedom” is not being trampled. USOPC has simply imposed another qualification on everyone in order to represent the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

That's my point.  Privileges are being confused with inalienable rights.  Organizations setting their rules and policies that must be followed is being confused with stripping of individual freedoms.

That's my point.  Privileges are being confused with inalienable rights.  Organizations setting their rules and policies that must be followed is being confused with stripping of individual freedoms.

It’s clear that our education system has failed this specific group of wrestlers.

apparently, all the unvaccinated are "looking at a winter of severe illness and death" so all this will be moot pretty soon...

that is as per our esteemed (no need to remove this post... just insert whoever doesn't make you mad)...

I don't see a positive outcome for the athletes protesting.

They almost certainly will not convince the USOPC/USAW to rescind the requirement.
They almost certainly will not convince a court to overrule the USOPC/USAW.
Clubs/RTCs almost certainly won't pay to keep athletes who cannot compete on roster.

Seems rather like Don Quixote.

this country was founded on regular individuals standing up for themselves against an oppressive regime...

at that time just signing your name on something was an actual real death sentence...

now...

if you stand up for what you believe you invariably get ridicule...

USA!!!!!

USA!!!!!

USA!!!!!

this country was founded on regular individuals standing up for themselves against an oppressive regime...
at that time just signing your name on something was an actual real death sentence...

now...

if you stand up for what you believe you invariably get ridicule...

USA!!!!!
USA!!!!!
USA!!!!!

Man, if only the two situations were remotely comparable, you’d really have something here. Shucks.

Just now, Le duke said:

Man, if only the two situations were remotely comparable, you’d really have something here. Shucks.

yep...

not at all similar...

not one parallel could be made...

lies, propaganda, censorship, and literal metric fuk tons of money being made by those who are pushing a narrative and using all that as tools to do it...

nah...

none of that going on... 

2 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

I'm not seeing how "die for your country's independence" is comparable to "you cannot compete in our tournaments without being vaccinated".

**rustles hair**

yep...
not at all similar...
not one parallel could be made...
lies, propaganda, censorship, and literal metric fuk tons of money being made by those who are pushing a narrative and using all that as tools to do it...
nah...
none of that going on... 

This is dumber than most of your normal stuff, and that’s saying something.

Just now, Le duke said:

This is dumber than most of your normal stuff, and that’s saying something.

and by "dumber" you mean 100% true but the parallel does not fit inside your echo chamber?

gotcha...

**two thumbs up**

as always...

whatever...