Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Mark Hall to Compete at Midlands

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Hall wins Midlands 184 without too much trouble. Is Michigan wrestling? Amine will be a good match up if they are in it, but I would still take Mark Hall. 

I think Amine beats him now, he hasn’t trained folk in 2 years, DT didn’t look that good at all when he did this and hall isn’t on that level, he was neck and neck with amine his last season 

8 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I think Amine beats him now, he hasn’t trained folk in 2 years, DT didn’t look that good at all when he did this and hall isn’t on that level, he was neck and neck with amine his last season 

I feel you're comparing apples to oranges.  The common denominator is that they were both lower weight guys who were going a higher weight post-college.  Aside for that Hall is bigger now than DT was then.  Hall is larger and more equipped to handle the physicality of 184 than DT was then.  DT is/was much better technically.

Styles are going to make it appear entirely different.  DT didn't win easily, even if he wasn't really ever in danger.  He won his semi-finals 7-2 over I believe Sammy Brooks and his finals over King Dud 5-3.  The only thing he lacked there was strength, and it showed that he was a 163lber up at 184.

Hall on the other hand has been drinking a nice phat protein shake and it shows.  He is solid.  Physicality will not be an issue, not to mention he is only coming up from a career 174lbs.  He may win his finals and semi-finals 3-1 and still never be in any danger.  He is a counter wrestlers, and looking at the list of wrestlers who MIGHT be there, I don't know that any of them have what it takes to take him out of his element there.  The best approach for any of them is hope to not get ridden out and be tied 1-1 midway through the third.

My opinion.