NJDan

AJ at the Brawl

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

ahh ... remember page 6 ... good stuff ;)

My first thoughts were "Smith doesn't know how to coach because Fartsmeller shouldn't be cutting all the way down to 157" on an on from there.
Just been a number of times when Smith is a bad coach and doing a disservice to these kids. According to the brilliant minds on the college boards. :)
#Cheers.

Didn't AJ and his brother get removed from Blair for fighting? And now a lil handshake donnybrook (where AJ at least attempted to throw a weak slap punch). I understand he didn't yell at anyone's dad so obviously this doesn't warrant pages of admonishment but does John Smith actually have control of his athlete here?

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

How is this not a 9 page thread about how Coach Smith has failed him and this is the end of society?

No need to kick a once great program while its down and struggling to rediscover its identity. Post meet fights, star athlete busted for PEDs that he took from his coach, and then when you add in the fact that since they last won a title in 2006 they have finished without an NCAA trophy more often than they have brought one home... just seems uncouth to pile on at this point. 

5 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Didn't AJ and his brother get removed from Blair for fighting? And now a lil handshake donnybrook (where AJ at least attempted to throw a weak slap punch). I understand he didn't yell at anyone's dad so obviously this doesn't warrant pages of admonishment but does John Smith actually have control of his athlete here?

Actually if you believe what the brother says , he left blair bc he was sexually assaulted there and no one did anything to help him , Ferrari’s dad posted a video from this summer of Heisleman walking by at a tournament and just slapping little Ferrari in the back unprovoked so I think this whole incident goes back to that 

17 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Actually if you believe what the brother says , he left blair bc he was sexually assaulted there and no one did anything to help him , Ferrari’s dad posted a video from this summer of Heisleman walking by at a tournament and just slapping little Ferrari in the back unprovoked so I think this whole incident goes back to that 

Hard to believe this family could have enemies.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Wow. Incredibly serious accusations. What was the outcome of the police investigation and did Blair's investigation back Ferrari up or the other student or what happened?

Interesting on the back slap comment. Seems rather innocuous especially since AJ pulled something similar on Gable Steveson at NCAA's after previously highlighting the investigation that cast a cloud over Gable for a few months.

Edited by wrestlingphish

Why do you link Heindselman slapping the younger Ferrari with what allegedly happened at Blair.  Also, if you look at the video that Daddy Ferrari posted, you don't really see a slap at all. And if there was a slap, maybe it was friendly and the Ferraris overreacted. It seems that the Ferraris are owed a lot of apologies, at least in their minds.

How did Heinselman and the Ferraris know each other prior to college?  Sounds like this drama predates college.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Why do you link Heindselman slapping the younger Ferrari with what allegedly happened at Blair.  Also, if you look at the video that Daddy Ferrari posted, you don't really see a slap at all. And if there was a slap, maybe it was friendly and the Ferraris overreacted. It seems that the Ferraris are owed a lot of apologies, at least in their minds.

I didn’t link them , I responded to multiple things 

21 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Because here its an incident. With the Brands and Desanto its a pattern. Big difference.

I'm struggling to remember either Brands or Desanto ever getting involved in a scuffle during the post-match handshake in which a strike was thrown and a person double legged.

Keep in mind that Ferrari also sexually assaulted Yonger during last year's dual.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Nope. AJ doesn't deserve props for that. It's a handshake line that is intended to show mutual respect.

Even if your opponents don't show respect, you do.

The world is a bit crazy right now, but I'd like to see wrestling continue to be a gentlemen's sport. I won't support anything other than that.

The OU heavyweight was pushing and moving toward Ferrari.  What was he supposed to do?  The guy has a big mouth, which i'm sure prompted this, but Ferrari wasn't the one who made the altercation physical. And when he had the opportunity, he ended it cleanly by taking the guy down and moving away from him.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

No great fan of OSU and no personal insight to any of it.  I lean that the Hvy seems like a punk.  Put your hands, twice, on someone's little brother for what looked like no reason, then you decide you're going to put your hands on the older brother?  Great to see him get planted on his back, and good to see the OSU kid showed restraint. I look forward to the fat boy getting beat down on the regular. 

now, maybe the ou hwt took issue with ferrari's antics in his match... putting his hands up etc...

but, if there is a history there who knows..

my main point is that people need to realize they can't act like a b**** and expect no repercussions.

until that happens, society is going to get worse and worse.. .and like someone said..it's all john smith's fault at this point ;0

ppl know nothing will happen so they are free to act like douchebags, all around.

no one in this incident is innocent

14 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I'm struggling to remember either Brands or Desanto ever getting involved in a scuffle during the post-match handshake in which a strike was thrown and a person double legged.

Keep in mind that Ferrari also sexually assaulted Yonger during last year's dual.

Well when you put it in those very very very detailed and specific terms you would be correct. Unfortunately for your weak argument, the world doesnt look at things that specifically. They just see antics (large or small) coming from the Brands/Desanto and think "well there they go again!".. hence the "pattern." I'm no fan of Ferrari as i find his general behavior pretty sophomoric, however this is more in response to your question as to why theres not 9+ pages ragging on Coach Smith like there would be with Brands. You can turn a blind eye all you want, but the Brands have had the pattern for decades of acting out, Smith hasnt. That is a fact. And if you want to talk about sexual assault accusations, didnt one of the Brands boys have one of those when they were younger?