Sign in to follow this  
Class

Rokfin Duals -- New Schedule?

Are they really going that late with the last duals on Monday starting at 9:00 Eastern?  Front page has the following: 

Event Schedule

All times listed are U.S. Central time

Monday, December 20

Red Pool Matches
10:00 a.m.: Binghamton vs. Missouri
12:00 p.m.: Binghamton vs. N.C. State
2:00 p.m.: Missouri vs. N.C. State
4:00 p.m.: Lehigh vs. Central Michigan
6:00 p.m.: Iowa vs. Central Michigan
8:00 p.m.: Iowa vs. Lehigh

Blue Pool Matches
10:00 a.m.: Hofstra vs. Virginia Tech
12:00 p.m.: Hofstra vs. Arizona State
2:00 p.m.: Virginia Tech vs. Arizona State
4:00 p.m.: UNI vs. Cornell
6:00 p.m.: UNI vs. Penn State
8:00 p.m.: Cornell vs. Penn State

Tuesday, December 21

1:00 p.m.: 5th/6th place matches
3:00 p.m.: 3rd/4th place matches
5:00 p.m.: Red Pool Championship match
7:00 p.m.: Blue Pool Championship match

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Am assuming no way to watch this without one of them Rockflipper accounts?  :(

It appears not. So, the Rokfin route is $20 total ($10 for monthly subscription, and $10 for this PPV event.)

Could be worse, they could require you to subscribe for an entire year for $120. Like a certain streaming service we all know does (it starts with the letter 'Flo.')

17 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It appears not. So, the Rokfin route is $20 total ($10 for monthly subscription, and $10 for this PPV event.)

Could be worse, they could require you to subscribe for an entire year for $120. Like a certain streaming service we all know does (it starts with the letter 'Flo.')

so now the streaming subscription isn't enough you have to pay for the "ppv" also?  GTFOH.  At that rate you will be paying more than a Flo subscription anyway, they are just nickel and diming us instead of paying for it all up front (which includes everything)

11 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

so now the streaming subscription isn't enough you have to pay for the "ppv" also?  GTFOH.  At that rate you will be paying more than a Flo subscription anyway, they are just nickel and diming us instead of paying for it all up front (which includes everything)

Oh wow yeah I was planning finally biting the bullet on setting up a recurring subscribing to a Rokfin channel to give a content creator some cash and assumed it would be included. Flo, BTN+, etc have a single payment structure whether it's a one time fee of monthly but no BS add ons. I'll subscribe for this event but will be immediately cancelling the month to month.

Edited by wrestlingphish

17 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the winner of the red pool doesn't even face the winner of the blue pool, so now Iowa vs Penn State.  This is hardly a "National Duals" lol

If they set it up so that the winners of the two pools dual in the finals, either Iowa or Penn State skips this event

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

If they set it up so that the winners of the two pools dual in the finals, either Iowa or Penn State skips this event

Likely true... but if they didn't, then I'll skip the event.

Monetizing wrestling streaming has given us the best coverage we've ever had. But it's also brought more money hungry sharks to the pool. 

22 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the winner of the red pool doesn't even face the winner of the blue pool, so now Iowa vs Penn State.  This is hardly a "National Duals" lol

Its the Niceville Duals.  It wouldn't be nice to make the two best teams wrestle.  ;_;

11 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Absolutely not. This was clearly billed as a subscription event, not a PPV. Can't imagine who will pay more after the good old bait n' switch by @Journeymen

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge @Journeymen charging a ten spot for the streaming of the event on top of the tenner that I pay to Rokfin, but even Journeymen feels a little unsure of the justification for the extra money. Under their PPV details they make a few points: 1.) you need a Rokfin subscription to purchase the PPV, and 2.) PPV subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content.

Of course this is wrong. You get access to the premium content with the subscription, not the PPV. It seems a bit disingenuous to claim access as a benefit of the PPV. Like they are trying to hard to justify their up charge. Just own it. You are putting on an event for profit. Quit making false claims as a justification, and listing the justification under "details".

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge @Journeymen charging a ten spot for the streaming of the event on top of the tenner that I pay to Rokfin, but even Journeymen feels a little unsure of the justification for the extra money. Under their PPV details they make a few points: 1.) you need a Rokfin subscription to purchase the PPV, and 2.) PPV subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content.

Of course this is wrong. You get access to the premium content with the subscription, not the PPV. It seems a bit disingenuous to claim access as a benefit of the PPV. Like they are trying to hard to justify their up charge. Just own it. You are putting on an event for profit. Quit making false claims as a justification, and listing the justification under "details".

I believe you are incorrect.  Rokfin subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content.  This event is not "premium content," it is  pay-per-view content that is only accessible by paying for the event itself.

They say "PPV subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content." but I think they meant "Rokfin subscribers".  You don't subscribe to a PPV event.

From their FAQ:

A. Your $9.99 per month subscription gets you access to all Premium content on the Rokfin platform.