Sign in to follow this  
Class

Rokfin Duals -- New Schedule?

12 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

If they set it up so that the winners of the two pools dual in the finals, either Iowa or Penn State skips this event

Or if they put Iowa in the same pool as Virginia Tech since Brands REFUSES to wrestle them lol and they put them against the two worst teams in the tournament.  I have zero interest in watching Iowa vs Central Michigan or Lehigh

1 minute ago, Cowboy08 said:

Or if they put Iowa in the same pool as Virginia Tech since Brands REFUSES to wrestle them lol and they put them against the two worst teams in the tournament.  I have zero interest in watching Iowa vs Central Michigan or Lehigh

Yeah, if I was Brands I’d refuse to wrestle them too.  

3 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

Brands HAS wrestled them before. https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2012/02/12/hawkeyes-win-regional-title/

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Yeah, if I was Brands I’d refuse to wrestle them too.  

In Tom's defense, yes he did say they'd build a rocket ship if necessary to seek out competition in other galaxies but he never promised to wrestle against any tough teams if they ever found themselves in Niceville.  :)

23 minutes ago, klehner said:

I believe you are incorrect.  Rokfin subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content.  This event is not "premium content," it is  pay-per-view content that is only accessible by paying for the event itself.

They say "PPV subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content." but I think they meant "Rokfin subscribers".  You don't subscribe to a PPV event.

From their FAQ:

perhaps you should re-read my post.

23 minutes ago, klehner said:

I believe you are incorrect.  Rokfin subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content.  This event is not "premium content," it is  pay-per-view content that is only accessible by paying for the event itself.

They say "PPV subscribers get access to all Rokfin premium content." but I think they meant "Rokfin subscribers".  You don't subscribe to a PPV event.

From their FAQ:

This content seems worthwhile. But if they make you pay extra for the one worthwhile things, why subscribe? It's like subscribing to a magazine and being asked to pay extra for the cover story.

10 hours ago, SignificantACCBias said:

Absolutely not. This was clearly billed as a subscription event, not a PPV. Can't imagine who will pay more after the good old bait n' switch by @Journeymen

Absolutely is - as I stated in my earlier post, the minimum you'll have to pay is $10 on top of your subscription cost. The least it will be is $20 total for non-subscribers

See the "PPV" tag with the "$" next to it in the pic below? That clearly indicates that it's Pay-Per-View.

It is a PPV event that costs $10. A prerequisite of buying a PPV event is that you must have an active subscription (which is, minimum, $10/month.) If you already have an active subscription - then you only need to pay the additional; $10 PPV fee.

Note that because you must have an active subscription to purchase the PPV - then, you will have access to all Premium content that all active subscribers receive.

It's actually pretty clear - it just takes a little digging to get to the bottom of it.

image.png.3a11b74419c730f5253ee1a8d8a0a8be.png

20 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Absolutely is - as I stated in my earlier post, the minimum you'll have to pay is $10 on top of your subscription cost. The least it will be is $20 total for non-subscribers

See the "PPV" tag with the "$" next to it in the pic below? That clearly indicates that it's Pay-Per-View.

It is a PPV event that costs $10. A prerequisite of buying a PPV event is that you must have an active subscription (which is, minimum, $10/month.) If you already have an active subscription - then you only need to pay the additional; $10 PPV fee.

Note that because you must have an active subscription to purchase the PPV - then, you will have access to all Premium content that all active subscribers receive.

It's actually pretty clear - it just takes a little digging to get to the bottom of it.

image.png.3a11b74419c730f5253ee1a8d8a0a8be.png

Yeah, obviously I get all that; the issue is that it said something very different prior to this week, then they added a PPV charge after the fact.

From start to finish, this has been one of the weirdest-marketed events I have ever heard of.

On 12/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, SetonHallPirate said:

Good catch! It seems that Brands' opinion is we won't voluntarily schedule them (and certainly not in a home-and-home agreement) but if they need to meet for the post-season (if National Duals were to become actual National Duals) then they will wrestle them.

Looks like the best weight classes through these duals will be 174, 285, and 197.  

Even with Kemerer likely out, we have Brands in his stead and stars like Carter Starocci, Hayden Hidlay and Mekhi Lewis

As a side note, I noticed Austin Yant on Northern Iowa seems to have a younger brother named Evan.  And it got me wondering whether teammates had ever made the joke: "The Yants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah"

I'm subscribing to rokfin for this month and to get access to buy the ppv for the Niceville duals.  For anyone else that did the same, it appears this also gives us access to the UNC vs App State dual starting in an hour.  Jon Millner vs Zach Sherman should be a very good match.  Sherman has faced tough competition this year.  

Edited by flyingcement

16 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I'm subscribing to rokfin for this month and to get access to buy the ppv for the Niceville duals.  For anyone else that did the same, it appears this also gives us access to the UNC vs App State dual starting in an hour.  Jon Millner vs Zach Sherman should be a very good match.  Sherman has faced tough competition this year.  

I find lots of good content there. Intermat, Mat Scouts, Jason Bryant, IA, Baschmania...

17 hours ago, flyingcement said:

By "us" are you saying you are willing to share your login info, just asking nicely for a guy who'd like to watch Niceville.  :)

BTW: whats the platform, do they have a Roku app or channel, is this a web page thing/computer or only a smart phone tablet app?

if the "us" is just you & me then just PM & avoid too many logins.  ;)

On 12/13/2021 at 8:49 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It appears not. So, the Rokfin route is $20 total ($10 for monthly subscription, and $10 for this PPV event.)

Could be worse, they could require you to subscribe for an entire year for $120. Like a certain streaming service we all know does (it starts with the letter 'Flo.')

You can get a month of Flo for $29.99, last I checked even $19.99 under some of the other sports.  So basically $20 for one event isn’t all that great