klehner

Arujau going 125

3 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

But brah, you did say that you thought what Lee did (ducking Glory) was gross. And in a recent thread you said that all along Lee should either be wrestling or not wrestling at all. I would quote the post from that thread into this thread if I wasn't so inept 

Yeah thats all true! call me out on those threads! Or I'll respond to those comments here if you want because I actually said them.

I'm not responding to someone who says I said I want him follow a bushido code and that I want him to get hurt to impress me etc....

Edited by hammerlockthree

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

Yeah thats all true! call me out on those threads!

I'm not responding to some who says I said I want him follow a bushido code and that I want him to get hurt to impress me etc....

Hm, then maybe I don't understand your point because that is my take from your stance as well. Lee got no ACLs. It's probably not an ideal state to wrestle in. Maybe, if he "adjusts" he can wrestle more or less fine. But maybe he hasn't adjusted yet. Not having ACLs probably makes you more injury prone and for a guy with a long injury history, it makes sense to me to hold him out. Even if I don't like it 

Just now, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Hm, then maybe I don't understand your point because that is my take from your stance as well. Lee got no ACLs. It's probably not an ideal state to wrestle in. Maybe, if he "adjusts" he can wrestle more or less fine. But maybe he hasn't adjusted yet. Not having ACLs probably makes you more injury prone and for a guy with a long injury history, it makes sense to me to hold him out. Even if I don't like it 

he hasn't wrestled a match in 9 months, if thats not enough recovery time I am not sure where the line is, he could have had it (only one, the other knee already was missing an ACL and he didn't bother having it replaced) replaced but didn't, so there isn't some upside over the horizon I'm aware of. 

If he can wrestle he should be, if he can't he shouldn't, and based on the amount of time thats elapsed I'm not sure what they are waiting for. 

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

he hasn't wrestled a match in 9 months, if thats not enough recovery time I am not sure where the line is, he could have had it (only one, the other knee already was missing an ACL and he didn't bother having it replaced) replaced but didn't, so there isn't some upside over the horizon I'm aware of. 

If he can wrestle he should be, if he can't he shouldn't, and based on the amount of time thats elapsed I'm not sure what they are waiting for. 

I think we mostly agree. My guess is, Lee isn't wrestling because he is, in fact, not able to wrestle to the level necessary to minimize injury risk (stop opponents from getting to legs, stop ankle passes, etc). At least not yet. Idk 

On the other hand, Willie posted on HR that he thinks Lee is likely to compete this weekend.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Did you even bother watching or learning about what the person posted about with the method of not getting surgery.. and strengthening it and the fact that method can work but limits his “at bats”.. or do you want to keep whining he didn’t wrestle in a November dual or in December because they’re being intelligent with an injury prone senior…

Hell, we can’t be sure he didn’t get hurt again with his track record… it’s very possible they’re trying to get him healthy. Your entire premise is that if YOU aren’t informed of his exact rehab progress that he MUST be ducking… which is asinine. 

Having competed on a torn acl. What they’re doing and the rehab mentioned is not “ducking”. It literally makes sense. 

9 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Did you even bother watching or learning about what the person posted about with the method of not getting surgery.. and strengthening it and the fact that method can work but limits his “at bats”.. or do you want to keep whining he didn’t wrestle in a November dual or in December because they’re being intelligent with an injury prone senior…

Hell, we can’t be sure he didn’t get hurt again with his track record… it’s very possible they’re trying to get him healthy. Your entire premise is that if YOU aren’t informed of his exact rehab progress that he MUST be ducking… which is asinine. 

Having competed on a torn acl. What they’re doing and the rehab mentioned is not “ducking”. It literally makes sense. 

What's your definition of "ducking"?

"something a person who has sustained an injury can't do"

BTW if you don't know what literally means don't use the word. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

22 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

What's your definition of "ducking"?

Isn't ducking what you do when you refuse to dual thus not dualing?  

BTW is that a noun or adjective?  ;)

Or maybe its something else.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by ionel

5 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Or he thinks he knows.  Wrestlers don't always make the best decisions for themselves regarding weight classes.

He may not make the best choice, but he has more information to work on than anyone else regarding his own decision.  

10 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

He said he was good to go for 57kg WTT had Gillerman not gotten a medal and received the auto-bid.

So he was ready a couple/few months ago but not now?

I have been one of the biggest critics of the Brands Bros and their stain to our future at 57kg, however one thing that I stand corrected on is that both the Brands Bros and Spencer Fckn Lee Hisself have said that Lee's parents have been involved and were heavily involved.  I don't know what that meant/means and it wasn't iterated as to what, so as a Brands Bros hater (obviously due to them ruining Lee for our 57kg future), I refuse to listen to reason.

H8! H8! H8!

8 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

no. it's not. it's a gerund. 

no, it's an autocorrect

anyway, my definition of "ducking" is to avoid a specific matchup to avoid taking an L and protecting your rank/seed. minimizing competition, regardless of opponent to minimize injury risk in a compromised joint (or two) isn't "ducking." I'm sure that Lee is healthy enough to wrestle but the fall duals and opens are not important enough to his or Iowa's plans for the Bigs/NCAA or future freestyle. They're pretty open about it.

Edited by ugarte

57 minutes ago, ugarte said:

no, it's an autocorrect

I quit reading after this one.  Legit lol'd...

I ducking hate it when that happens in work emails too.

Autocorrect... or worse... autosuggest can suck a Richard Gere.

Edited by nhs67

On 12/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, scribe said:

So what's the team analysis on this? Sit Greg D out for the year, which is not a bad idea. And wrestle Vito at 125 because there really isn't anyone else on the roster? Blow this kid's physical development for international just to be competitive in some crap-ass duals? Vito is going to potential to place roughly the same at either 125 or 133. So let him eat.

I'd rather see Vito compete with higher energy at 133lb.  Who wins between physically regressed Lee and starving Vito?  

43 minutes ago, jross said:

I'd rather see Vito compete with higher energy at 133lb.  Who wins between physically regressed Lee and starving Vito?  

vito is not a big 125. he never cut any weight in high school from what i’ve heard. only reason he was possibly at 133 was for the team. 

Well, f*** me.

Match notes for the Duals shows Greg D. at 125 and Vito or Lajoie at 133, Handlovic or Wilson at 141, Yapoujian or Richard at 157, Cardenas at 197, Fernandes or Furman at 285.

Some backups against UNI, and the best guys vs. Penn State?