Sign in to follow this  
MIZ-DPT

Second Semester Wrestlers

I know there's been an increasing trend in guys not starting until second semester, is that mainly for academic reasons? Especially with the extra COVID year now are guys able to take a semester off to post pone their grad date but still wrestle the second half of the season?

25 minutes ago, MIZ-DPT said:

I know there's been an increasing trend in guys not starting until second semester, is that mainly for academic reasons? Especially with the extra COVID year now are guys able to take a semester off to post pone their grad date but still wrestle the second half of the season?

In Iowa's case it's old and brittle.

It's a case by case basis.  Some guys may be transferring and not eligible until the second semester.  Some guys may not be ready until the second semester and coaches are waiting to make a decision on whether to pull a shirt.  Some guys may be banged up and getting healthy.  Some guys may just need a rest after years of a grueling life of wrestling.  There is no one answer.

42 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

It's a case by case basis.  Some guys may be transferring and not eligible until the second semester.  Some guys may not be ready until the second semester and coaches are waiting to make a decision on whether to pull a shirt.  Some guys may be banged up and getting healthy.  Some guys may just need a rest after years of a grueling life of wrestling.  There is no one answer.

That's what I figured, makes sense

12 minutes ago, OR said:

What second semester wrestlers can we expect to take the mat this year?

I am hearing that possibly Munoz at Oregon State?  Who else?

OSU will have a pretty big group at Reno this weekend. 

Edited by Idaho