Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Poopy butthole

Iowa lineup probables for Florida

Recommended Posts

Without Kemererererer and Lee against NC State they match up rather poorly.  NC State could take 6 of 10 matches against them.  I would say 133, 141, 165, and 285 are locks, and likely bonus.  Call that 18 points.  They could lose the other 6 matches, possible bonus at 125, 174.  That makes it a 20-18 win for NC State there.

Against Mizzou they are only really locks at 133, 141, and 285 but bonus could be limited there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Without Kemererererer and Lee against NC State they match up rather poorly.  NC State could take 6 of 10 matches against them.  I would say 133, 141, 165, and 285 are locks, and likely bonus.  Call that 18 points.  They could lose the other 6 matches, possible bonus at 125, 174.  That makes it a 20-18 win for NC State there.

Against Mizzou they are only really locks at 133, 141, and 285 but bonus could be limited there.

I think 157 and 197 (if Warner is closer to 100%) are solidly in Iowa's favor but yeah, if they swing the other way it wouldn't be terribly surprising. Also of note, Tariq hasnt been in the lineup since 12/02. If there was an explanation for this, I missed it. I hope he is back by the time of the duals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I think 157 and 197 (if Warner is closer to 100%) are solidly in Iowa's favor but yeah, if they swing the other way it wouldn't be terribly surprising. Also of note, Tariq hasnt been in the lineup since 12/02. If there was an explanation for this, I missed it. I hope he is back by the time of the duals.

I agree, in regards to 157 and 197.  My thinking was that Iowa was only LOCKS in 4 of 10 weights and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose any of the other six matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gantry said:

Do we have official word on what's up with Kem?

Myself, as well as others, had wondered if the plan was 184 or something with him, but apparently he weighed in at 174 against Iowa State and was prepared to wrestle if it was needed.

At this point I am assuming both him and Lee are more than being pitch counted.  There has to be something else up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Potential? Lee is injured. Two torn ACLs.

Thats prob not really the definition of "injured."  He has been without ACLs for some time now.  He was injured when he tore it and his knee was swollen due to the trauma.  There are plenty of people walking around with no ACLs that don't consider themselves currently "injured."  Is someone who broke a tooth 20 years ago injured for life?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ionel said:

Thats prob not really the definition of "injured."  He has been without ACLs for some time now.  He was injured when he tore it and his knee was swollen due to the trauma.  There are plenty of people walking around with no ACLs that don't consider themselves currently "injured."  Is someone who broke a tooth 20 years ago injured for life?  

Yes if your a fan, no if theyre an opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ionel said:

Thats prob not really the definition of "injured."  He has been without ACLs for some time now.  He was injured when he tore it and his knee was swollen due to the trauma.  There are plenty of people walking around with no ACLs that don't consider themselves currently "injured."  Is someone who broke a tooth 20 years ago injured for life?  

Indeed! I appreciate the distinction ie injured vs. not injured. However, how many people are wrestling at the highest level without ACL's? Even DT had to get his replaced. I am very curious to see how he adjusts and feels. Brands did say that they have had to change their training plan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Indeed! I appreciate the distinction ie injured vs. not injured. However, how many people are wrestling at the highest level without ACL's? Even DT had to get his replaced. I am very curious to see how he adjusts and feels. Brands did say that they have had to change their training plan 

lee fullhart beat sanderson without one. must be an iowa thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Indeed! I appreciate the distinction ie injured vs. not injured. However, how many people are wrestling at the highest level without ACL's? Even DT had to get his replaced. I am very curious to see how he adjusts and feels. Brands did say that they have had to change their training plan 

You can "replace" an ACL?  Is that true? If it is true, why hasn't Lee done it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NJDan said:

You can "replace" an ACL?  Is that true? If it is true, why hasn't Lee done it?

Are you trolling here? The term is usually reconstruct but essentially it is a replacement.

They'll take pieces of a hamstring or patellar tendon (that's how mine was done) or get from a cadaver or a gor-tex artificial piece.

Edited by gimpeltf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NJDan said:

You can "replace" an ACL?  Is that true? If it is true, why hasn't Lee done it?

I should have been more careful with my language. As another poster elucidated, "reconstructed" would have been the more appropriate term.

As for why he hasn't gotten them reconstructed, I really don't know. One of the acls has been torn twice now, so the rehab process from surgery would likely be longer. The other one, the one he tore last year, is a first time tear. My best guess is that surgery would have made the timetable for returning this season very tight and maybe the staff and family decided it wasn't worth the risk (meaning, potentially missing the whole season) if Lee was likely to re-tear the damn thing. 

This is all speculation. It should be emphasized that I don't know anything about anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I should have been more careful with my language. As another poster elucidated, "reconstructed" would have been the more appropriate term.

As for why he hasn't gotten them reconstructed, I really don't know. One of the acls has been torn twice now, so the rehab process from surgery would likely be longer. The other one, the one he tore last year, is a first time tear. My best guess is that surgery would have made the timetable for returning this season very tight and maybe the staff and family decided it wasn't worth the risk (meaning, potentially missing the whole season) if Lee was likely to re-tear the damn thing. 

This is all speculation. It should be emphasized that I don't know anything about anything 

I read that the rehab for one reconstruction is 9 months. Lee may be exceptional, but it's still, say, 6 months. Not clear why that could not be done between seasons, though, foe all we know, it has been done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDan said:

I read that the rehab for one reconstruction is 9 months. Lee may be exceptional, but it's still, say, 6 months. Not clear why that could not be done between seasons, though, foe all we know, it has been done.

If it does take 9 months, then you're only leaving 3 months for strength training, endurance, and, most importantly, actual wrestling. Sure, it could be done and it is surprising that they didn't go through with it but the timeline isn't ideal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I should have been more careful with my language. As another poster elucidated, "reconstructed" would have been the more appropriate term.

As for why he hasn't gotten them reconstructed, I really don't know. One of the acls has been torn twice now, so the rehab process from surgery would likely be longer. The other one, the one he tore last year, is a first time tear. My best guess is that surgery would have made the timetable for returning this season very tight and maybe the staff and family decided it wasn't worth the risk (meaning, potentially missing the whole season) if Lee was likely to re-tear the damn thing. 

This is all speculation. It should be emphasized that I don't know anything about anything 

You're fine saying replaced. Mayo Clinic defines ACL Reconstruction as surgery to replace a torn ACL. Not sure why anyone finds a need to be dickish about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...