Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Poopy butthole

Iowa lineup probables for Florida

Without Kemererererer and Lee against NC State they match up rather poorly.  NC State could take 6 of 10 matches against them.  I would say 133, 141, 165, and 285 are locks, and likely bonus.  Call that 18 points.  They could lose the other 6 matches, possible bonus at 125, 174.  That makes it a 20-18 win for NC State there.

Against Mizzou they are only really locks at 133, 141, and 285 but bonus could be limited there.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Without Kemererererer and Lee against NC State they match up rather poorly.  NC State could take 6 of 10 matches against them.  I would say 133, 141, 165, and 285 are locks, and likely bonus.  Call that 18 points.  They could lose the other 6 matches, possible bonus at 125, 174.  That makes it a 20-18 win for NC State there.

Against Mizzou they are only really locks at 133, 141, and 285 but bonus could be limited there.

I think 157 and 197 (if Warner is closer to 100%) are solidly in Iowa's favor but yeah, if they swing the other way it wouldn't be terribly surprising. Also of note, Tariq hasnt been in the lineup since 12/02. If there was an explanation for this, I missed it. I hope he is back by the time of the duals.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I think 157 and 197 (if Warner is closer to 100%) are solidly in Iowa's favor but yeah, if they swing the other way it wouldn't be terribly surprising. Also of note, Tariq hasnt been in the lineup since 12/02. If there was an explanation for this, I missed it. I hope he is back by the time of the duals.

I agree, in regards to 157 and 197.  My thinking was that Iowa was only LOCKS in 4 of 10 weights and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose any of the other six matches.

Just now, Gantry said:

Do we have official word on what's up with Kem?

Myself, as well as others, had wondered if the plan was 184 or something with him, but apparently he weighed in at 174 against Iowa State and was prepared to wrestle if it was needed.

At this point I am assuming both him and Lee are more than being pitch counted.  There has to be something else up.

23 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Potential? Lee is injured. Two torn ACLs.

Thats prob not really the definition of "injured."  He has been without ACLs for some time now.  He was injured when he tore it and his knee was swollen due to the trauma.  There are plenty of people walking around with no ACLs that don't consider themselves currently "injured."  Is someone who broke a tooth 20 years ago injured for life?  

15 minutes ago, ionel said:

Thats prob not really the definition of "injured."  He has been without ACLs for some time now.  He was injured when he tore it and his knee was swollen due to the trauma.  There are plenty of people walking around with no ACLs that don't consider themselves currently "injured."  Is someone who broke a tooth 20 years ago injured for life?  

Yes if your a fan, no if theyre an opponent.

18 minutes ago, ionel said:

Indeed! I appreciate the distinction ie injured vs. not injured. However, how many people are wrestling at the highest level without ACL's? Even DT had to get his replaced. I am very curious to see how he adjusts and feels. Brands did say that they have had to change their training plan 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Indeed! I appreciate the distinction ie injured vs. not injured. However, how many people are wrestling at the highest level without ACL's? Even DT had to get his replaced. I am very curious to see how he adjusts and feels. Brands did say that they have had to change their training plan 

lee fullhart beat sanderson without one. must be an iowa thing.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

You can "replace" an ACL?  Is that true? If it is true, why hasn't Lee done it?

15 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Are you trolling here? The term is usually reconstruct but essentially it is a replacement.

They'll take pieces of a hamstring or patellar tendon (that's how mine was done) or get from a cadaver or a gor-tex artificial piece.

Edited by gimpeltf

17 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I should have been more careful with my language. As another poster elucidated, "reconstructed" would have been the more appropriate term.

As for why he hasn't gotten them reconstructed, I really don't know. One of the acls has been torn twice now, so the rehab process from surgery would likely be longer. The other one, the one he tore last year, is a first time tear. My best guess is that surgery would have made the timetable for returning this season very tight and maybe the staff and family decided it wasn't worth the risk (meaning, potentially missing the whole season) if Lee was likely to re-tear the damn thing. 

This is all speculation. It should be emphasized that I don't know anything about anything 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I should have been more careful with my language. As another poster elucidated, "reconstructed" would have been the more appropriate term.

As for why he hasn't gotten them reconstructed, I really don't know. One of the acls has been torn twice now, so the rehab process from surgery would likely be longer. The other one, the one he tore last year, is a first time tear. My best guess is that surgery would have made the timetable for returning this season very tight and maybe the staff and family decided it wasn't worth the risk (meaning, potentially missing the whole season) if Lee was likely to re-tear the damn thing. 

This is all speculation. It should be emphasized that I don't know anything about anything 

I read that the rehab for one reconstruction is 9 months. Lee may be exceptional, but it's still, say, 6 months. Not clear why that could not be done between seasons, though, foe all we know, it has been done.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

I read that the rehab for one reconstruction is 9 months. Lee may be exceptional, but it's still, say, 6 months. Not clear why that could not be done between seasons, though, foe all we know, it has been done.

If it does take 9 months, then you're only leaving 3 months for strength training, endurance, and, most importantly, actual wrestling. Sure, it could be done and it is surprising that they didn't go through with it but the timeline isn't ideal

1 hour ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

You're fine saying replaced. Mayo Clinic defines ACL Reconstruction as surgery to replace a torn ACL. Not sure why anyone finds a need to be dickish about it.