NJDan

Wrestler Vaccinations

2 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

Our government is a bunch of corrupt liars.

Big pharma is a bunch of corrupt liars.

The media are a bunch of corrupt liars.

Science and medical research, unfortunately, have been politicized and are now made up of just a bunch of corrupt liars.

Those of you who want to force everyone to be vaccinated should stand in front of the mirror every morning and recite the following: "I (state your name) am a brainwashed, gullible fool."

Hmm this makes a lot of sense.  I'm going to take my medical advice from you instead of my physician.  Side note, do you also do taxes?  I'm starting to think I can't trust my accountant either.  

15 hours ago, BooHawk18 said:

The hubris of the pro-vax-mandate crowd is stunning. Wrestlers like Dake and Taylor know far more about nutrition and health and their bodies than any poster on this board. And if you're willing to do the research yourself (read the FDA fact sheets, the Pfizer trials, and know the CDC definitions of what "not fully vaccinated" means - don't be lazy and pin your decision on "experts') you'd find that bypassing the covid vaccines is a wise decision for many people, especially healthy young males. 

I’m confused, you start by calling people the “pro vax mandate crowd,” but finish by talking about the vaccine itself.

I’m pro vaccine, but not pro vax mandate so if that’s more what Athletes for Medical Freedom is about and if its list does actually include people that have been vaccinated, I don’t hate it.

I assume you’re referring to myocarditis when talking about the FDA fact sheet, and that is a fair concern, although a recent study actually put the Pfizer risk lower than that of Covid even for those under 40 (albeit Moderna was higher).   One could argue Dake and Taylor in particular being over 30 (Dake reverse aging jokes aside) aren’t even in the most at risk group for myocarditis from the vaccine and are technically more at risk from Covid than some of the other guys listed.

What information are you referring to from the Pfizer trials?  Please tell me it’s not the misinformed claim of “the vaccine didn’t reduce all cause mortality!”…

And I assume you’re referring to the CDC definition of not fully vaccinated meaning needing 2 shots.  Going back to the myocarditis discussion, the risk is significantly higher after the second dose. If these guys were saying they’d take 1 dose, which some experts agree is a good solution for young males, that would be a well-reasoned and nuanced argument.  But I have a feeling that’s not the case here…

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

• The easiest thing to do is to be a critic - call out everybody as incompetent. Label people, call them names, imply you know better. Contribute nothing yourself. Can't fail.
    (Sound familiar, yes, we endured years of it)
  • The hardest thing to do is to be an author - come up with a plan to deal with the situation as best you can and execute that plan. You're on a limb, it can fail.
    (Where we find ourselves right now)

Love this

20 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Look for newer data from Denmark on omicron severity.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/18/omicron-variant-denmark/

They have much better infrastructure for this task than South Africa.

https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Update-on-COVID-19-Projections_English_2021.12.16.pdf

Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 15-46-33 Update on COVID-19 Projections - Update-on-COVID-19-Projections_English_2021 12 16 pdf.png

The Omicron sample size is so small, I would imagine someone in the medical research world would deem this worthless.  I am not saying I think it is less severe (as we have been repeatedly led to believe), I'm just saying it remains to be seen.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:09 AM, TBar1977 said:

This is true. Also, I watched a 60 Minutes episode recently where they discussed what the CDC and FDA did back in the 1970's with Swine Flu Vaccines. That vaccine ended in fiasco with numerous persons contracting guillain barre syndrome. People permanently disabled. There were many lies told, even physicians ending up apologizing to their patients. 

Again, I am triple vaxxed now. I also have members of my family that have contracted Covid. None got very sick and all remain with us, thankfully.  But I will not stop using my own mind and my own free will about anything in this world. When we have leaders who walk away from questions asked and refuse to address the concerns of those they want to control, they end up in the position we are in today where they are trusted by some and not trusted by others. 

Look at the demonstrations all over Europe. People are not happy with leadership. The people feel as though they are being failed. The Spanish Flu lasted about 2 years. This Covid virus is 2 years old with no end in sight, so is what they are doing working or not working? 

As a follow up to this post ... according to this headline story, New Zealand just linked a 26 year old man's death to one of the vaccines.

https://news.yahoo.com/zealand-links-26-old-mans-041523888.html

26 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

As a follow up to this post ... according to this headline story, New Zealand just linked a 26 year old man's death to one of the vaccines.

https://news.yahoo.com/zealand-links-26-old-mans-041523888.html

As a follow-up to *your* post:  "The man, who died within two weeks of his first dose, had not sought medical advice or treatment for his symptoms."

How many people do you think haven't died so far of COVID because of the vaccines?  (hint:  probably millions)

No one will tell me otherwise when I take what I do for myself in terms of my health.  I absolutely ask and seek out doctors in terms of their opinion about what I should and shouldn't do and how I should or shouldn't treat an ailment.  But the final decision on what I do it absolutely mine.  And you know who taught me to do that...the doctor I had since I was 10 until I was 35.  She was absolutely amazing!!  And you know what...I am okay with those that don't make any of their own decisions and leave that up to their doctors or "experts"...that is your choice and I stand by you having that choice.  Just don't expect me to think and act the way you do!

And those on here asking people for solutions instead of just criticizing...great ask in my opinion.   Solution, get vaccinated if you feel it is the best course of action for yourself.  If you can't get vaccinated, stay home, or mask up.  If you don't want to get vaccinated, then do your thing and risk getting sick, that's on you.  Those that want to wear a mask, or two of them, go ahead, do your thing.  If you don't want to wear a mask, don't.  Spread of the disease is going to happen no matter what we do.  You can't stop it people, it is too late.  If the majority of people are vaccinated why are we freaking out that so many are now testing positive, but not getting super sick??  Thus....don't close things down.  Don't restrict business's.  And God forbid, leave the darn kids alone and let them live their lives, keep them in school, and get rid of the masks for them...anyone that has walked around in a school knows darn well they are doing absolutely nothing as 95% of the kids are wearing them around their chin, and have done so since the beginning!!  If you are a teacher that is worried about Covid, you have the right to feel the way you do, so get a new job then...there are plenty of them out there right now...stop making your fears impact kids for no reason.

And I'll throw this little tid bit out there...I think people forget about all the layoff's for nurses and medical personnel that happened right before Covid...hmmm...wonder if that has anything to do with burnout right now??  Also, wonder what would happen with hospitalization rates for Covid if people stopped watching the news??

2 minutes ago, dman115 said:

If you are a teacher that is worried about Covid, you have the right to feel the way you do, so get a new job then...

If you are a wrestler that is worried about the Covid vaccine, you have a right to feel the way you do, so get a new job then...

Not that far apart...

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

If you are a wrestler that is worried about the Covid vaccine, you have a right to feel the way you do, so get a new job then...

Not that far apart...

I agree, if a private company or institution that doesn't receive federal funding can make any requirement they choose to make.  Then said employee, student, athlete can make any choice they want to in terms of job, school, program they are part of. 

And hint hint...a wrestler can be vaccinated and still think it isn't right to have mandates requiring it, and/or that it is okay if someone chooses not to get vaccinated.  And they should have every right to organize and let their opinion be known.

Just now, dman115 said:

I agree, if a private company or institution that doesn't receive federal funding can make any requirement they choose to make.  Then said employee, student, athlete can make any choice they want to in terms of job, school, program they are part of. 

And hint hint...a wrestler can be vaccinated and still think it isn't right to have mandates requiring it, and/or that it is okay if someone chooses not to get vaccinated.  And they should have every right to organize and let their opinion be known.

Nobody is preventing them from organizing, are they?

Nobody is deleting their twitter posts or facebook posts, are they?

You keep arguing with me over things I haven't said.

@Mike ParrishIt's like tennis with you...back and forth between threads.  LOL

Keep on keeping on brother!  I like debating with people like you, while we think differently about a lot of things, you keep it respectful.  I apologize if I am accidently thinking someone else's thinking or posts are from you.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:12 PM, buckshot1969 said:

Every day in America we have what is the equivalent of another Jonestown because people refuse to get vaccinated. Ironically these are the same people who fight social distancing/mask wearing guidelines. If they'd just use one ounce of common sense we could put this behind us but 80 million health experts w/ degrees from Facebook and Youtube keep making things worse for the rest of us.

Perhaps the greatest irony, most are also decidedly against a woman's right to choose.

2 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Perhaps the greatest irony, most are also decidedly against a woman's right to choose.

and even greater irony the other side is against the Baby's right to choose their own life. 

Edited by Idaho

8 hours ago, dman115 said:

Society exists and everyone is a part of it.  We are not entirely independent of each other.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, RED said:

The Omicron sample size is so small, I would imagine someone in the medical research world would deem this worthless.  I am not saying I think it is less severe (as we have been repeatedly led to believe), I'm just saying it remains to be seen.

And that’s the responsible position. We don’t have enough information, and we don’t know how it’s virulence compares to previous variants. 

The anti vax crowd, probably in an effort to downplay the need for vaccination, jumped the gun and claimed the severity of Delta was less than that of alpha or other previous variants. Turns out it is more harmful. As you mentioned, with Omicron we just don’t know. 

12 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

And that’s the responsible position. We don’t have enough information, and we don’t know how it’s virulence compares to previous variants. 

The anti vax crowd, probably in an effort to downplay the need for vaccination, jumped the gun and claimed the severity of Delta was less than that of alpha or other previous variants. Turns out it is more harmful. As you mentioned, with Omicron we just don’t know. 

12 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Although it would appear to be much less harmful, I know so many people at this point that have either gotten it themselves, or have family memeber with it, an in no case has it been much of an issue.  With the numbers as high as they are in NYC, you would expect to be hearing a lot more about hospital capacity issues or deaths, but we are not.