Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

ISU vs Purdue

There are some solid matchups in this one. 

125 is super exciting. Terekuna was a mostly unheralded recruit (borderline top 100) and as a true freshman qualified for NCAAs. This season he is undefeated and has some solid wins. A win here would put him into AA contender status. 

197 is another ranked matchups with a fun storyline for ISU who can certainly win this one. 

the dual should be pretty competitive score wise too. 

5 hours ago, Housebuye said:

There are some solid matchups in this one. 

125 is super exciting. Terekuna was a mostly unheralded recruit (borderline top 100) and as a true freshman qualified for NCAAs. This season he is undefeated and has some solid wins. A win here would put him into AA contender status. 

197 is another ranked matchups with a fun storyline for ISU who can certainly win this one. 

the dual should be pretty competitive score wise too. 

I really like ISUs 125, fun to watch.

Ok ... so maybe not "fun" today.

Edited by ionel

8 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Bastids is doing well.  He'll move up to 10 or 11 with this win.   Hard to think he is going to get AA without some mat wrestling however.  I was looking forward to seeing what he can do from bottom, but he chose neutral.  No bueno.

I don't think we will see him choose bottom at any point unless he has a significant lead. I really want him to do well (even as an Iowa fan) but I can't help but think the lack of a real bottom/top game will come back to bite him at NCAA's. He did put on a decent ride after a few of those TDs last night and didn't just release immediately which is an improvement.

I watched the dual on Flo and it was pretty good - Purdue taking the first three matches, the crazy finish at 133, Carr's pin off a tilt, and ISU sweeping the last 4. I just have a couple questions:

-Did Purdue lose a team point? The box score showed two decisions and two majors for them, which should have been 14, but it said 13.

-The Pudure heavyweight has a really interesting story - wrestled at the Naval Academy from 2012-2016, then served our country from 2016-2021, and now is pursuing his PhD in Chemical Engineering. I'm guessing he must have gotten a clock extension due to serving in the Navy?

Fun dual.  Dresser got his 200th win in his hometown gym.  They raised money for the youth Humboldt Wildcat program.  

Lots of people got to experience their 1st college wrestling dual.  Hope it helps grow the sport and fan base