VakAttack

Live from the Rokfin duals!

15 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Funny... but when has he shown that he liked tough wrestling.  Tummy time all post season last year.  

6 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

He was recovering from being very sick, but you knew that. Makes your post kinda creepy. 

43 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

how is pointing out he laid on his belly a bunch last year creepy? it just means he sucked on bottom

Funny, I was thinking AHamilton's reference to" Tummy time" was an endearing way of pointing out the extra work Kerk was putting in on his par terre defense last post season (off-season)

Edited by gromit

30 minutes ago, gromit said:

Funny, I was thinking AHamilton's reference to" Tummy time" was an endearing way of pointing out the extra work Kerk was putting in on his par terre defense last post season (off-season)

Well it was pretty clear that he didn't have the horsepower against the top 285's last year,  losing to Parris, Cassioppi, Steveson and Schultz. Maybe a whole year of being healthy will change things.

19 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

Well it was pretty clear that he didn't have the horsepower against the top 285's last year,  losing to Parris, Cassioppi, Steveson and Schultz. Maybe a whole year of being healthy will change things.

Well, he did get a freestyle win on Parris, and even there it is hard to believe he was 100 [percent just since it was so close in time to NCAAs. Seems plausible he will be fine so long as he is healthy. 

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

how is pointing out he laid on his belly a bunch last year creepy? it just means he sucked on bottom

What part of "he was recovering from being very sick" did you not understand? 

Edited by TBar1977

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Well, he did get a freestyle win on Parris, and even there it is hard to believe he was 100 [percent just since it was so close in time to NCAAs. Seems plausible he will be fine so long as he is healthy. 

he got punished underneath last year. the parris win eliminated that position. he still needs to prove he can get out before we proclaim it to be fixed. i think he’ll be much improved there personally. 

8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

He was recovering from being very sick, but you knew that. Makes your post kinda creepy. 

Hold on... are you intimating that The Cael would put an unwell wrestler on the mat, someone who was not capable of defending himself?  You're questioning The Cael's ethics and how he prioritizes the well-being of his athletes?

Now Kerk is recovering from The Flu.  Allegedly.  How long does he get for that.  Because on BWI, they are acting as if it is still a thing.

P.S.  I'm sorry that you felt the need to get personal, because I pointed out that a wrestler was terrible on bottom.  You are still a top 3 favorite poster for me.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

What part of "he was recovering from being very sick" did you not understand? 

Was it a mysterious “mono-like illness?”

BTW I thought his dad had said he had a staph infection or something or was that a different time?

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

Hold on... are you intimating that The Cael would put an unwell wrestler on the mat, someone who was not capable of defending himself?  You're questioning The Cael's ethics and how he prioritizes the well-being of his athletes?

Now Kerk is recovering from The Flu.  Allegedly.  How long does he get for that.  Because on BWI, they are acting as if it is still a thing.

P.S.  I'm sorry that you felt the need to get personal, because I pointed out that a wrestler was terrible on bottom.  You are still a top 3 favorite poster for me.

He was able to wrestle, just not at 100 percent. Is this too difficult a concept for you to grasp. Oh, I forget how you like to troll over anything PSU. 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Was it a mysterious “mono-like illness?”

BTW I thought his dad had said he had a staph infection or something or was that a different time?

Hold on... you are out of line! There are rules on this board! It is ok to question the handling of an Iowa wrestlers injury or illness.  It is NOT ok to question how The Cael handles injuries and illnesses.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:38 PM, Grecojones said:

Ok now it’s just goofy. He commenting completely from a Iowa perspective. He’s seemingly upset MM lost. And now commenting on the Iowa message boards. It’s so cringey 

I did hear the comment about the Iowa boards after Murin. Before that match he said something along the lines of this guy can give Murin fits. I believe he also comments on Penn st boards as well as many others. Was seen in the background in the middle of the Penn st dual talking with Cody and also saw him and RBY talking in the background. So I don't think he's a Iowa fan at all. Seems to just know everyone.

Edited by calot

Thanks for the plaudits, gents!  Had a great time!  Met some of this forums greatest luminaries in @hammerlockthree and my new best friend @Husker_Du.  The event was a ton of fun, and it was  unfortunate that it ended on such a sour note.  Real dick move by Zeke.  Plus we were all worried about Kerk based on how they were working on him and how much had lost.  If they do it in Destin again next year I'll probably go again,  Best wrestler I saw was probably either Yianni.  Best match was McGee vs. Myers.  Best single match performance was Max Dean's demolition of Kordell Norfleet.  I almost felt bad for Norfleet, it was brutal, and that was just going into the third period where we all realized he was running on E and Dean was going to make it worse.

On 12/26/2021 at 12:59 AM, VakAttack said:

Thanks for the plaudits, gents!  Had a great time!  Met some of this forums greatest luminaries in @hammerlockthree and my new best friend @Husker_Du.  The event was a ton of fun, and it was  unfortunate that it ended on such a sour note.  Real dick move by Zeke.  Plus we were all worried about Kerk based on how they were working on him and how much had lost.  If they do it in Destin again next year I'll probably go again,  Best wrestler I saw was probably either Yianni.  Best match was McGee vs. Myers.  Best single match performance was Max Dean's demolition of Kordell Norfleet.  I almost felt bad for Norfleet, it was brutal, and that was just going into the third period where we all realized he was running on E and Dean was going to make it worse.

As to Norfleet v Dean, it is a poor match strategy to wrestle Dean without a full gas tank.  Dean's work rate for 7 minutues in his matches this year is impressive - and I was a doubter that he had the firepower for 197.  Seems I was wrong.   He wrestles like an oversize Zain and looks like an oversize Johnny Fritz.