JerryCallo

Midlands is Cancelled?

I wonder when everyone in FL, TX, UT, Iowa, etc. are going start dying??  Shouldn't those states be whipped out by now?  I mean, if you don't mask up, stay 6 feet away, close small businesses, and get 32 vaccine shots you surely are going to die, and kill all your family, friends, and neighbors along the way...don't these people who live there care about other people....oh wait...what does the data say??

47 minutes ago, swoopdown said:

According to military nurses that I know,  many military hospitals are already chronically under staffed and nurse retention rates are already too low.  Seems to me that robbing Peter to pay Paul may not work out so well for patient care at military hospitals as well.  There is no nurse tree growing at the Pentagon.

With $700 billion a year, I would think we should have adequate staffing.  I would ask where all my Federal taxes get pissed away, but there aren't enough pages here...

I wonder when everyone in FL, TX, UT, Iowa, etc. are going start dying??  Shouldn't those states be whipped out by now?  I mean, if you don't mask up, stay 6 feet away, close small businesses, and get 32 vaccine shots you surely are going to die, and kill all your family, friends, and neighbors along the way...don't these people who live there care about other people....oh wait...what does the data say??
The Amish population in Lancaster, PA (close to Philly) is doing very well without any vaccines.

None.

Where's the polio deaths? Iron lungs at every Church I guess.

Measles? Mumps? Rubella?

Why hasn't Covid devastated their community?

God?

Better health (whole milk, eggs, bacon)?

Harder workers?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

The Amish population in Lancaster, PA (close to Philly) is doing very well without any vaccines.

None.

Measles? Mumps? Rubella?

God?

Harder workers?

One thing with the Amish community is that they are not out sharing issues with the general population at large. "We" really don't know what is happening there. Personally I tend to believe because of their lifestyle they are likely doing much better than us English folks.

2 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

None.

Measles? Mumps? Rubella?

God?

Harder workers?

The COVID-19 "vaccine" was extremely oversold by the media and many politicians and I genuinely understand why many people resent it and don't want to get it. But when you try comparing it to Measles and Mumps vaccinations and questioning the efficacy of those you are just telling on yourself as an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

One thing with the Amish community is that they are not out sharing issues with the general population at large. "We" really don't know what is happening there. Personally I tend to believe because of their lifestyle they are likely doing much better than us English folks.

Precisely. Amish or not, I would imagine almost all rural farming communities are doing better than more populated urban areas on account of, no duh.

21 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

None.

Measles? Mumps? Rubella?

God?

Harder workers?

Sounds like it is time to put down your moto z3 and go join them.

2 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

Precisely. Amish or not, I would imagine almost all rural farming communities are doing better than more populated urban areas on account of, no duh.

Everything about their lifestyle is healthier. They tend to work harder and more outside. That lowers obesity and raises Vitamin D naturally. Those are two huge things as it relates to COVID. They eat more naturally as a rule.

23 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

None.

Measles? Mumps? Rubella?

God?

Harder workers?

https://apnews.com/article/lancaster-infectious-diseases-coronavirus-pandemic-coronavirus-vaccine-united-states-234755d74d4071b63972d5fd9947fedd

2 hours ago, unbiased said:

But the article did say Omicron is milder?

Actually it didn't. He posted a page with a collection of articles on it. One article was about the test giveaway ending early because they were all distributed. Another different article discusses Omincron being milder.

53 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I’m from Florida. Over 62,000 people have died in Florida. The daily count has plummeted since wide-spread vaccination, from about 400 a day in late summer-fall, to single digits a day this month. That’s what the data says. 

I’m sure there’s gonna be some kind of goal post moving response. How about just….Do better, or just move on and stick to wrestling topics. 

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

COVID kills another thread... Remember people that it only takes one vaccinated poster to infect a thread and kill it within minutes ... Keep your distance from the super spreaders. 

Well it killed (the original) Midlands, so I think it’s relevant.

44 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Uh, the data says 20k people died of Covid in 3 months in Florida over the summer.

1 hour ago, dman115 said:

South Africa has a very low vaxination rate, and doctors there say the Omicron is mild compared to the prior strain Delta. They had a low vaxination rate also for delta, of course, but the numbers for Omicron are much better than the numbers for delta. To read this board you'd think otherwise, but there you have it. Maybe everyone here knows more about SA than the docs and virologists there.

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’m from Florida. Over 62,000 people have died in Florida. The daily count has plummeted since wide-spread vaccination, from about 400 a day in late summer-fall, to single digits a day this month. That’s what the data says. 

I’m sure there’s gonna be some kind of goal post moving response. How about just….Do better, or just move on and stick to wrestling topics. 

One would expect a higher rate of death in older populations. Pretty sure Florida has an older population.

14 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

One would expect a higher rate of death in older populations. Pretty sure Florida has an older population.

Governor did an excellent job of making sure policy drove around protecting seniors, getting seniors shots first, etc etc. 

14 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Florida has been a national leader in cases throughout, but as you said in terms of the percentage of population that makes up the most vulnerable, death per capita numbers have been better than expected. 

1 hour ago, dman115 said:

it's crazy how the states and people who castigated the south as dumb hicks now can't understand why they are also now getting reinfected etc... and dont want to be blamed for it

FHQBr8RWYAgyorJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by GockeS

Maine and Vermont are more isolated than places like New York and Florida. Housing is also more spread out. NY and FL had a lot of their deaths early on. Not all to be sure, but the comp to places like Maine and Vermont lacks some context.

I realize I brought age into the equation, but if it were as simple as a state's policies towards Covid then CA had similar policies but look at what that state has become. People leaving in droves because of quality of life issues.

Covid isn't going anywhere. At some point we will stop shutting everything down. What will it take? How weak must the virus get? Are we going to be in this same rotten place 5 years from now? And just who gets to keep making that call? People in the EU are fed up and the day will come when they are equally fed up here. It is human nature.

Edited by TBar1977

26 minutes ago, GockeS said:

it's crazy how the states and people who castigated the south as dumb hicks now can't understand why they are also now getting reinfected etc... and dont want to be blamed for it

People want to move to those states, plus anywhere with open space like Montana. All the lock down states have net migration out of those states. Lots of folks must think the quality of life is better there than where they are leaving.

Edited by TBar1977