Antitroll2828

Transfer portal 2021/2022 season

43 minutes ago, NJDan said:

So Rutgers gets a top 10 recruit and can't make him successful. Why would anyone who has a choice go there?

he’s been stuck behind rivera and alvarez, who is very good, will probably come up to 141 next year. we haven’t seen aragona since his true freshman year. 

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

So Rutgers gets a top 10 recruit and can't make him successful. Why would anyone who has a choice go there?

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

he’s been stuck behind rivera and alvarez, who is very good, will probably come up to 141 next year. we haven’t seen aragona since his true freshman year. 

He had a pretty decent true freshman year.... 

If you have a top 10 recruit who can't break the lineup... does that mean Rutgers is not successful? I beg to differ. 

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

I'm still wondering why Nevills is still at PSU... I don't know his situation personally but if I am that guy I am heading to Stillwater just to get on the mat every week. 

Seth is listed on the PSU FB roster at 305 lbs.  Maybe he prefers frequently heading to the cafeteria over getting on a mat.

Edited by swoopdown

38 minutes ago, Elevator said:

I do not know him, but my sense is that Seth is a vital part of the team, loves wrestling and the team and is well loved and valued at PSU - even if he is not the starter.   Maybe similar for Beard.

If you believe everyone on the team Beard and Dean are best friends, nay inseparable.  It is almost as if they are raising one another's game.

7 hours ago, NJDan said:

This makes zero sense.

It’s not like Aragona transferred somewhere else in the B1G, he ended up at Campbell so it’s clear that big time schools weren’t exactly knocking down the door to get him on their roster. Some people just peak in HS where things come easy and there were reports that his heart wasn’t all in on wrestling anymore. He was getting out worked and ended up at the very bottom of the depth chart. No one can do much about that.  

RU has done a great job of developing guys over the years and will continue to have the opportunity to develop top young guys like Alvarez, Poz, Turley, Dean Peterson, Soldano, Casale, Hamilton (dependent on what happens with football), etc. so it seems a little unfair to write them off because one top guy left and by all accounts he wasn’t willing to put in the effort required to be great. 

Edited by NJW

Just now, NJW said:

It’s not like Aragona transferred somewhere else in the B1G, he ended up at Campbell so it’s clear that big time schools weren’t exactly knocking down the door to get him on their roster.

Could be more of a scholarship issue. B1G-B1G transfers can be without scholarships.

1 minute ago, NJW said:

RU has done a great job of developing guys over the years

This is what made no sense.  They actually had to fly in a Penn State transfer to win their first individual title.  Their 2nd did it at the ripe young age of 32.

Legit greatness at development.

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

Could be more of a scholarship issue. B1G-B1G transfers can be without scholarships.

Right but he didn’t end up in the ACC, B12, or even the EIWA or MAC so that can’t be the only reason. Dropping down to the SoCon is a completely different world. 

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This is what made no sense.  They actually had to fly in a Penn State transfer to win their first individual title.  Their 2nd did it at the ripe young age of 32.

So now we are qualifying development as long as it fits certain guidelines? So no one who transfers counts? I don’t remember Nick winning a title at PSU or even his first year at RU. I guess the staff gets no credit for helping him get to that next level over the course of those two years.

Moreover, there are guys the same age or older than Ashnault vying for titles this year so I guess those won’t count either for those respective staffs. Good to know. 

RU hasn’t had the opportunity to develop a ton of top guys, either at their respective weight or P4P but that’s slowly changing and  hopefully the staff their continues to get the job done. These will certain a pivotal couple of years for them there is no doubting that. 

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Who couldn't win one at Penn State.