Antitroll2828

Transfer portal 2021/2022 season

42 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Their starter... #30 ranked freshman Surber is better than a returning AA? 

Probably.  He is clearly better (and a lot of upside) than R12 Harris who WS still has at 17. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Huh, I forgot he had eligibility remaining. What is the story behind this? Why transfer now? Dresser doesn't seem to be able to keep a lot of guys on the team. 

I don’t believe he has been enrolled at ISU this year, could be wrong though. He moved to somewhere in the Northeast, maybe Boston, after last year for a full-time career. Sounds like he’s getting the itch to return and weighing his options on where.

11 hours ago, Idaho said:

Their starter... #30 ranked freshman Surber is better than a returning AA? 

It is an opinion, but yes.  I believe so at this point.  Gremmel wrestled out of his mind at NCAAs last year and as of now is an unknown, in regards to conditioning and whatnot.  Whereas Okie State has three big guys, not including their 197lb Natty Champ, that would be contenders to AA this year.  Surber beat out Harris (R12 last year) for the spot.  You're going to mess with morale on a guy who MIGHT be slightly better?  When you have two frosh Heavyweights on the roster, one of them starting currently?  John Smith has done worse, but I don't think he'll bite for that.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

It is an opinion, but yes.  I believe so at this point.  Gremmel wrestled out of his mind at NCAAs last year and as of now is an unknown, in regards to conditioning and whatnot.  Whereas Okie State has three big guys, not including their 197lb Natty Champ, that would be contenders to AA this year.  Surber beat out Harris (R12 last year) for the spot.  You're going to mess with morale on a guy who MIGHT be slightly better?  When you have two frosh Heavyweights on the roster, one of them starting currently?  John Smith has done worse, but I don't think he'll bite for that.

Surber's best win is over the #51 wrestler and has lost to the #34 wrestler.... Is that borderline AA? Gremmel won the Big 12, beat Harris  and lost to only two guys the entire season last year ... Schultz and Parris...so he actually had a great season not just tournament. It was actually Harris who had the good run at the tournament.  I would agree that nobody knows what kind of shape he is in so that would remain to be seen. I also agree that maybe Smith doesn't want to upset the future by bringing in a guy right now....  but he is sitting on the edge of a trophy so who knows. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Surber's best win is over the #51 wrestler and has lost to the #34 wrestler.... Is that borderline AA? Gremmel won the Big 12, beat Harris  and lost to only two guys the entire season last year ... Schultz and Parris...so he actually had a great season not just tournament. It was actually Harris who had the good run at the tournament.  I would agree that nobody knows what kind of shape he is in so that would remain to be seen. I also agree that maybe Smith doesn't want to upset the future by bringing in a guy right now....  but he is sitting on the edge of a trophy so who knows. 

All fair points.  I do not concede that he is an upgrade still.

Was just never a fan, tbh.  Surber at least moves.

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Don't forget that Surber lost to that Gabel kid and pretty sure neither Gremmel or Harris every lost to The Gabel so ... 

52 minutes ago, SignificantACCBias said:

They did that because Gremmel retired to be a farmer.

So we can assume his strength is increased.  The rest of his physical stats are unknown.  His mental fortitude is also unknown.

Iowa State brought in the Buffalo kid because Gremmel would not commit to coming back.  Indications are that he wants paid and does not want to be taking classes.  No complaints on what Gremmel did at Iowa State. 

18 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Good pick up on nor/or...but you missed the other 23 mistakes. 

I'm sure "Gabel" was intentional.  ionel loves to comment whenever someone writes "Stevenson" for some reason.  I was assuming "every" was a typo but that could have been intentional as well.