Eagle26

Snyder vs. Cox

Yet another subscription service. I'm happy that there seems to be money and good competition in the wrestling event hosting/streaming space. Rudis, Flo, Rokfin and BTN can compete to make each other better. That's an ultimate win for the wrestling fan. It's just... quickly becoming burdensome for many. I subscribe to BTN+, Flo, Rokfin, Rudis+, and youtube TV for the televised events and I do so proudly. But the expense is not insignificant. In fact, the combined expense is high enough to force me to curb my self-destructive indulgences, and I don't like that.

Predict a low scoring affair the first match.

Cox's defense frustrates Snyder. 

Snyder's offense isn't enough to consistently attack. 

Snyder makes the first mistake, and J'Den slips behind for a TD.  No turn. 

2nd period, Snyder pushes Cox, and earns a stepout

Another pushout for Snyder, and another.  

Time winding down, Snyder trying to hold center, Cox forces a stepout as time expires. 

Match 1 - Cox over Snyder 3-3 on criteria

Match 2

Snyder comes out and has a revised game plan.  The thing with Snyder is that other than Sadulaev, he is able to adjust quickly against those who have formerly beat him.  Cael pulls him aside, and the brilliance of that which is Carl points out the "kink" in Cox's armor. 

Snyder attacks using his new strategy, getting to Cox's leg and putting so much pressure that Cox is forced to yield the takedown.  No turn. 

Snyder continues the assault, and right at period 1 expires, another stepout for Snyder

Period 2 is more of the same, and Cox is sweating like we all know he can.  This does not stop Snyder from again getting to the legs and forcing another powerful takedown. 5-0 Snyder

With this lead, Snyder holds position, and the match ends with Snyder winning 5-0

Match 3

Replay match 1, this time, Snyder by criteria, 3-3.  

Edited by treep2000

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Predict a low scoring affair the first match.

Cox's defense frustrates Snyder. 

Snyder's offense isn't enough to consistently attack. 

Snyder makes the first mistake, and J'Den slips behind for a TD.  No turn. 

2nd period, Snyder pushes Cox, and earns a stepout

Another pushout for Snyder, and another.  

Time winding down, Snyder trying to hold center, Cox forces a stepout as time expires. 

Match 1 - Cox over Snyder 3-3 on criteria

Match 2

Snyder comes out and has a revised game plan.  The thing with Snyder is that other than Sadulaev, he is able to adjust quickly against those who have formerly beat him.  Cael pulls him aside, and the brilliance of that which is Carl points out the "kink" in Cox's armor. 

Snyder attacks using his new strategy, getting to Cox's leg and putting so much pressure that Cox is forced to yield the takedown.  No turn. 

Snyder continues the assault, and right at period 1 expires, another stepout for Snyder

Period 2 is more of the same, and Cox is sweating like we all know he can.  This does not stop Snyder from again getting to the legs and forcing another powerful takedown. 5-0 Snyder

With this lead, Snyder holds position, and the match ends with Snyder winning 5-0

Match 3

Replay match 1, this time, Snyder by criteria, 3-3.  

Thanks, @treep2000. You just saved me the cost of another pay per view.

Yet another subscription service. I'm happy that there seems to be money and good competition in the wrestling event hosting/streaming space. Rudis, Flo, Rokfin and BTN can compete to make each other better. That's an ultimate win for the wrestling fan. It's just... quickly becoming burdensome for many. I subscribe to BTN+, Flo, Rokfin, Rudis+, and youtube TV for the televised events and I do so proudly. But the expense is not insignificant. In fact, the combined expense is high enough to force me to curb my self-destructive indulgences, and I don't like that.

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way. I’m glad Flo doesn’t have a monopoly on the market anymore because it allowed them to get away with all tech issues. I canceled cable years ago to save money and now I’m paying just as much in subscriptions lol. It looks like Rudis+ is going to be good though. This is a great first event, they did great with the Monday documentary, and I like that they are getting back to the technique videos that Flo seemed to put on the back burner.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

Snyder 2-0

+2.5 cumulative cover by KS

Over 11.5 in those two matches

You know I think your predictions are about good as black licorice.....

Also add in I'm a Cox homer....

All that said

You're probably right on this one...Snyderman has looked really good, and Cox has looked a lot less like Neo lately.

I have a hard time seeing Cox winning, if it was life and death I'm going Snyder 2-0 all day...

But since its just us being fans . #WarCox

Jden wins in 2 straight bouts

10 hours ago, treep2000 said:

The thing with Snyder is that other than Sadulaev, he is able to adjust quickly against those who have formerly beat him.

I believe this to be even more true of J'den. Every loss he's had on the senior level I've thought he would win if he got a chance to wrestle the match again 30 mins later. He can be a bit too hesitant to attack in a first match up, but once he has a feel for someone, he looks so much more comfortable and can score when needed.

That said, Snyder is a decent favorite until J'den can prove otherwise. Also, I haven't seen the announcement, but I can't imagine this is a best of 3 match up.

Edited by Crotalus

I have looked for the announcement and haven't been able to find it.  Can one of you fine folks post it here please?

That said, I think Snyder has this one.  Snyder is just at another level from Cox.  Cox talked and talked and did not deliver at the WC's.  He will definitely have to bring his A game and have his mental game all neatly wrapped up.  I would be surprised if Snyder lost, but not devastated.  Snyder always seems ready. 

mspart

On 12/24/2021 at 3:31 AM, Mphillips said:

Gable beats Zare on the undercard and then goes on to win another NCAA title. Cementing his, 'legacy.'

It's hard for me to imagine that a match between the reigning heavyweight Olympic and World champions could be considered the undercard to a match between two guys who haven't sniffed gold in the senior men's worlds since 2017 (Snyder) and 2019 (Cox, at 92kg). Zare would definitely be hungrier for this match, as it would cement him as King of the Mountain. His legacy is something he might start thinking about in 2024 or 2026, if he keeps rolling as he currently is.  

1 hour ago, pa in taiwan said:

It's hard for me to imagine that a match between the reigning heavyweight Olympic and World champions could be considered the undercard to a match between two guys who haven't sniffed gold in the senior men's worlds since 2017 (Snyder) and 2019 (Cox, at 92kg). Zare would definitely be hungrier for this match, as it would cement him as King of the Mountain. His legacy is something he might start thinking about in 2024 or 2026, if he keeps rolling as he currently is.  

Me too. I was going with the narrative.  

On 12/23/2021 at 12:54 AM, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Yep more competition sounds good but really just means more cost. Getting very old and very expensive very quickly.