Creek chub

Scuffle status??

35 minutes ago, Idaho said:

is this Facundo's try-out to see if they pull his redshirt? 

I would think so.  He has a legit chance againat anybody in that field aside for O'Toole, I think.  His style matches well with Griffith, although I would say Facundo is still a heavy underdog there.

He has been beating many of the other guys on the Freestyle circuit for years, as it were.

I would think so.  He has a legit chance againat anybody in that field aside for O'Toole, I think.  His style matches well with Griffith, although I would say Facundo is still a heavy underdog there.
He has been beating many of the other guys on the Freestyle circuit for years, as it were.

Yeah. I’d think wins over Ramirez, Weber, Hall, Formato and Bullard are firmly within his capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I agree... If he does well I can't see why they wouldn't. With such a tight race for the team title, Facundo's points will be important. 

Edsell has been ranked in the top 20, but outside of AA and top 12 territory.   He is a gamer but does not seem to have enough to expect him to get to the NCAA round of 12.

Facundo has good defense on his feet. Does Facundo have the offense and mat wrestling to get to the NCAA round of 12?   I guess that is the question for his Scuffle performance. 

28 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Edsell has been ranked in the top 20, but outside of AA and top 12 territory.   He is a gamer but does not seem to have enough to expect him to get to the NCAA round of 12.

Facundo has good defense on his feet. Does Facundo have the offense and mat wrestling to get to the NCAA round of 12?   I guess that is the question for his Scuffle performance. 

It is an opinion of mine, but aside for one match that was extremely questionably called and another that had a non-slam called a DQ slam, Facundo has owned DCC as well as the entire state of Michigan for the last four years.. 

That includes UofM's 165lber Amine.  Keep in mind this was when Facundo was an underclassman and Amine was not.  I would venture to say that Facundo has improved more since then.  Again that is an opinion.

Meaning if Cael and Co believe that Amine might score points, Facundo will potentially stop him from scoring as much as he could by outplacing him.  Edsell will not.

Keep in mind that Matt Lee also has a victory over Cornell's Ramirez earlier this season and he is also entered in at the Scuffle.  Both Lee and Facundo are 'True' frosh due to last year's Covid year.  Either one might be an improvement and Scuffle may be what's used to determine which one will be getting their shirt pulled.

I hope it's Facundo.

What's Facundo's mat wrestling been like in the opens he has entered? The only match I have seen him compete in was Who's #1 against Kennedy and he didn't show much from bottom and made no attempt to ride (which makes sense with no riding time and a tie score and your opponent chooses bottom). You can tell his single leg defense would be enough against almost everyone but Kennedy was able to take him down twice from that position (Kennedy is obviously no slouch).

I’m guessing he’s getting a lesson or two on getting out from bottom courtesy of Retherford, Cunningham and Starocci.

If he’s not getting ridden for hours on end by those three he’ll be fine against just about anyone at 165.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Corby's latest Intermat article saying no Yanni, Vito, Griffith, Abas.  Maybe it was known but NC State not sending their main starters. 

Griffith and Abas are injured, so that makes sense. Why no Vito or Yianni? I am bummed to hear they won't be competing.

6 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Griffith and Abas are injured, so that makes sense. Why no Vito or Yianni? I am bummed to hear they won't be competing.

Yeah I was curious about the Abas entry since he looked legit injured at Reno. It's also kind of weird that Minnesota is listed at the Scuffle and at the Hawkeye open.