Creek chub

Scuffle status??

PSU has 11 registered, but not Hildebrandt and nobody who started in their last dual against ASU:

125 – Steen & Shunk

133 – Meredith & Evans

157 – Joe Lee & Barraclough

165 – Facundo & Matt Lee

184 – Ball

197 – Beard

285 – Nevills

I wonder why no VanNess?

Cornell has 15 registered, with their recent starters except for Vito and Yianni:

125 - Greg Diakomihalis

133 - Lajoie & Moomey

141 – Handlovic & Saunders

157 – Yapoujian & Richard

165 – Ramirez & Brindley

174 – Foca & Craft

184 – Loew

199 – Cardenas

285 – Fernandes & Furman

I remember back when winning this tournament was a big deal and you'd have national championship level matchups in a lot of weights. Shame that the open tournament season has really gone down the drain over the last 5 or so years. It was on the decline already and Covid obviously has not helped

15 hours ago, Elevator said:

PSU has 11 registered, but not Hildebrandt and nobody who started in their last dual against ASU:

Maybe that changes. It was just announced that he was added to the PSU roster.

https://gopsusports.com/sports/wrestling/roster/drew-hildebrandt/12586

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

The Iowa contingent that was going to Midlands, then the Hawkeye Open, are now going to the Scuffle. 

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2021/12/28/15-hawkeyes-to-compete-at-hawkeye-open/

IOWA ENTRIES – HAWKEYE OPEN
Drake Ayala – 125*
Charles Matthews – 133
Cullan Schriever – 133*
Drew Bennett – 141
Wyatt Henson – 141*
Leif Schroeder – 141
Caleb Rathjen – 149*
Bretli Reyna – 149*
Sebastian Robles – 157*
Joe Kelly – 165
Patrick Kennedy – 165*
Jack McClimon – 165*
Brennan Swafford – 174
Andrew Simaz – 184*
Aaron Costello – 285
*unattached

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

The Iowa contingent that was going to Midlands, then the Hawkeye Open, are now going to the Scuffle. 

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2021/12/28/15-hawkeyes-to-compete-at-hawkeye-open/

IOWA ENTRIES – HAWKEYE OPEN
Drake Ayala – 125*
Charles Matthews – 133
Cullan Schriever – 133*
Drew Bennett – 141
Wyatt Henson – 141*
Leif Schroeder – 141
Caleb Rathjen – 149*
Bretli Reyna – 149*
Sebastian Robles – 157*
Joe Kelly – 165
Patrick Kennedy – 165*
Jack McClimon – 165*
Brennan Swafford – 174
Andrew Simaz – 184*
Aaron Costello – 285
*unattached

Excellent move by the Hawks.  Next year's likely starters at 25, 33, 41 and 65 included here.  Some expectations about the Hawks potential for 22-23 going to be much more clear after this weekend.

1 hour ago, Class said:

Excellent move by the Hawks.  Next year's likely starters at 25, 33, 41 and 65 included here.  Some expectations about the Hawks potential for 22-23 going to be much more clear after this weekend.

I wish Henson would have committed to VT. I like that kid. Coach Frayer could have had him competing for junior world medals very quickly. He’s gonna be a good one for the hawks. 

1 hour ago, Class said:

Potential Facundo-Kennedy/Kennedy-O'Toole/Facundo-O'Toole matches got me very eggcited. I hope we get to see at least 1 of them

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Potential Facundo-Kennedy/Kennedy-O'Toole/Facundo-O'Toole matches got me very eggcited. I hope we get to see at least 1 of them

Super stoked by this for sure.  O'Toole and Facundo, at the very least, look to be around the freestyle scene for at least through 2028, if not 2032.

Not sure Kennedy's aspirations.  The Brands Bros are $HlT freestyle coaches, as it were.  Took a guaranteed 7x world and olympic gold medalist and broke both his knees beyond repair.  Unforgivable.

20 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

I wish Henson would have committed to VT. I like that kid. Coach Frayer could have had him competing for junior world medals very quickly. He’s gonna be a good one for the hawks. 

excited to see him. a little worried about his mat wrestling, but very solid on his feet. 

14 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The Brands Bros are $HlT freestyle coaches, as it were.  Took a guaranteed 7x world and olympic gold medalist and broke both his knees beyond repair.  Unforgivable.

Terry with a sledge hammer behind the woodshed.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Super stoked by this for sure.  O'Toole and Facundo, at the very least, look to be around the freestyle scene for at least through 2028, if not 2032.

Not sure Kennedy's aspirations.  The Brands Bros are $HlT freestyle coaches, as it were.  Took a guaranteed 7x world and olympic gold medalist and broke both his knees beyond repair.  Unforgivable.

Meh. Nothing is guaranteed. If you think that Lee's knees are the Brands' responsibility, that is your opinion. I for one, don't see it. What were they supposed to do? See ahead into the future and stop Lee from wrestling Mueller and Schroder?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Meh. Nothing is guaranteed. If you think that Lee's knees are the Brands' responsibility, that is your opinion. I for one, don't see it. What were they supposed to do? See ahead into the future and stop Lee from wrestling Mueller and Schroder?

It’s my understanding you are correct, Mr Butthole. He was supposed to skip the NCAA finals and the Big Ten finals to rest up before injury but also he needs to wrestle matches in December against Princeton and ISU to cement his legacy. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

"Does anybody remember laughter"

~Robert Plant

22 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

~Robert Plant

Haha. I admit this particular nhs post seemed so over the top that it must have been tongue and cheek. But he has made the same claim multiple times in the past under more serious tones. If it's just been a joke the entire time, then by all means, point and laugh at my expense. I deserve it.

1 hour ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I mean... he has ducked better wrestlers

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, yes.  A jokester.

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

~Robert Plant

I also said this before. 

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

He told me he hated me. It's impossible, so I gather he's a jokester...

No.  I said you hated me.

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

It’s my understanding you are correct, Mr Butthole. He was supposed to skip the NCAA finals and the Big Ten finals to rest up before injury but also he needs to wrestle matches in December against Princeton and ISU to cement his legacy. 

This guy gets it.