Sign in to follow this  
WreslingSuperior

FILA drops AMMA and Grappling

Lalovic, FILA President, said in the Hangout, that they dropped AMMA and Grappling because these sports don't have any chance to be olympic and they need to focus in wrestling. He justified Pankration because it's an old sport that was part of the Ancient Olympics Games.

Lalovic, FILA President, said in the Hangout, that they dropped AMMA and Grappling because these sports don't have any chance to be olympic and they need to focus in wrestling. He justified Pankration because it's an old sport that was part of the Ancient Olympics Games.

The ancient pankration was very different to actual format with these stupid uniforms.

I Know. It's more similar to AMMA without kimono or endyma and punches to the head being allowed. I think that it's a poor decision to choose a sport simply by an arbitrary name and not by the nature of the sport. It's like doing wrestling with kimono. That is sambo or judo.

I hope they, at least, remove the kimono although they don't allow punches to the head.