BAC

Flo's top 20 US Wrestlers

59 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I personally think there should be a separate list for men and women.  Otherwise it is comparing apples to oranges.  And I don't mean that in a bad discouraging way, but rather men and women are just different.  Which is okay.  Being different is supposed to be a good thing, right?!?  So why do we not celebrate those differences versus trying to compare things that aren't the same?  Funny we as a society preach diversity, equality, inclusiveness, etc....all of which I have no problem with....then we turn around and try and make men and women the same by comparing them to each other instead of celebrating each for the great qualities each sex posses.  Men and women wrestling is different, they are both great in their own way...so why not celebrate that??  And speaking of equality and inclusiveness, that is accomplished by not mashing men and women together in a list, but rather, if we make a list for men, then we make a list for women, and vice versa.

And finally, while I think the list should be different for men and women, and 100% of the comments on here are probably coming from males...wonder what female wrestlers think of this whole topic, other then what Adeline has tweeted?

There is nothing wrong with separate list. But I think it is perfectly viable to create one list because it is all wrestling. You can say it's apples to oranges to compare Freestyle vs Greco vs Folk or 125 vs 285 or 2021 vs 1935. None of those are the same. It's just not going to be the exact same. 

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Fair enough.  They don't have "NCAA D1" accomplishments

Nobody said anything about the women not having "NCAA D1" accomplishments.  I said the skill level is not consistent in womens collegiate wrestling.

5 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Nobody said anything about the women not having "NCAA D1" accomplishments.  I said the skill level is not consistent in womens collegiate wrestling.

I did.  I said it wasn't fair to them that they don't have college accomplishments to add to their list of credentials.  You rightfully corrected me that they do, but not NCAA D1.

5 hours ago, cowcards15 said:

I really don't (well I do but it purely has to do with gender) understand this whole "This woman couldn't beat this dude so she can't be ranked higher" thing. If that's the case this should just be a list of 97 and 125kg. John Smith isn't beating Zach Rey in a match. Rey has to be higher then. I keep seeing women are too new in this sport and have the "knowledge" of the men. Can't throw anyone out there before say 2000/2010 then since the sport has evolved quite a bit. But also women's competition isn't as good because there isn't as many "good" wrestlers in their world brackets. So now you have to go through each bracket anyone has medaled (or not) and see who the competition was to make sure it was worthy of that medal (or to excuse not placing). But also lower weights have more good guys so automatically they need a bump up over the heavier. 

This is not a list of who is going to beat who. It's a list of who is the greatest (who has the most/better accomplishments). You can debate on Olympic vs World vs College vs injury vs retiring to coach vs whatever all you want. That's fair. Debate Gray vs Cael or Gable or Dake or Snyder. That's cool and valid. It's not valid to think Gray isn't in their class or potentially better because she is a woman. 

This was  how I viewed this list.  Just based off of accomplishments.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Guys around here making their blood pressure rise and exploding blood vessels because they think this is some ABSOLUTE All-Time list that's set in stone by Flo.

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I did.  I said it wasn't fair to them that they don't have college accomplishments to add to their list of credentials.  You rightfully corrected me that they do, but not NCAA D1.

Ok, I get what you're saying.

When I said "nobody", I meant myself.

3 hours ago, cowcards15 said:

There is nothing wrong with separate list. But I think it is perfectly viable to create one list because it is all wrestling. You can say it's apples to oranges to compare Freestyle vs Greco vs Folk or 125 vs 285 or 2021 vs 1935. None of those are the same. It's just not going to be the exact same. 

Fair enough.  It doesn't bother me one bit that male and female wrestlers are on the same list, I just think it should be two.  Give women their due and respect they deserve without putting it together with the men.  Again, no biggy they decided to do it together.  And those that are bothered by it, totally okay that they have the opinion they do.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Up until the last few years they all competed in the same division. There was no separation like the men. You might say they were all "D1" if you are going for the "highest" division. 

8 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

It's like I'm the only one in this daft place that knows the free exchange of ideas involves conflict!

A person can be daft. An idea can be daft. Not sure if a place can be daft? But the effort wasn't...