Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

Feldman

Granted... still a high schooler, but has committed to tOSU.  

Predicting big things for this young man when he arrives in Columbus next year.  

I feel that he wrestles very similar to Snyder, in the way that he constantly attacks and reattacks.  Watch his first few matches from Powerade and his matches at Ironman, etc.

With Gable gone next year, I think he could pose some serious trouble, very quickly, to the top tier at HWT.  

Would like to see him go for Junior Nationals in Freestyle, given the takedown clinics he's been putting on. 

8 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Granted... still a high schooler, but has committed to tOSU.  

Predicting big things for this young man when he arrives in Columbus next year.  

I feel that he wrestles very similar to Snyder, in the way that he constantly attacks and reattacks.  Watch his first few matches from Powerade and his matches at Ironman, etc.

With Gable gone next year, I think he could pose some serious trouble, very quickly, to the top tier at HWT.  

Would like to see him go for Junior Nationals in Freestyle, given the takedown clinics he's been putting on. 

Did his dad wrestle for VT? Grad asst at UVA in 1994-95?  Is that the same Feldman? 

The Mullen match isn't going to be much different, based on Mullen's semi.  

Feldman is FAST... STRONG... and is showing excellent technique in his takedowns.  Deep penetration, tremendous pressure, proper angles.  He will be very difficult to stop, and I don't think Mullen has the chops to do that. 

21 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Potential to be a game changing recruiting class for Ohio State, even if I'm not as high on Bouzakis as others.

Kilkeary took some losses at Powerade.  Welsh took a loss.  Bouzakis just looked decent vs. a very game Church (VT recruit).  Geog is in the 7th/8th place match.  But Feldman... if he beats Mullen, it's to be expected.  If he majors him, we'll know that he's serious.  If it's greater than a major, then oh boy... watch out.

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

Kilkeary took some losses at Powerade.  Welsh took a loss.  Bouzakis just looked decent vs. a very game Church (VT recruit).  Geog is in the 7th/8th place match.  But Feldman... if he beats Mullen, it's to be expected.  If he majors him, we'll know that he's serious.  If it's greater than a major, then oh boy... watch out.

He did major Mullen… Bouzakis is college ready just not a for sure AA like Feldman.

As disappointing as Welsh’s loss was, he had great wins to get 3rd, I think by the time he is in college he will be a monster. He is only a junior 

1 hour ago, Ohioq said:

He did major Mullen… Bouzakis is college ready just not a for sure AA like Feldman.

As disappointing as Welsh’s loss was, he had great wins to get 3rd, I think by the time he is in college he will be a monster. He is only a junior 

One of his wins was against the consensus #1 Arnold as well.

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

One of his wins was against the consensus #1 Arnold as well.

Yes I think Welsh really showed a great mentality to beat 3 highly ranked wrestlers including Arnold after losing to a guy he had no business losing to.

saw more than a few kids this weekend default out of the tournament after 1 loss as a highly ranked guy. 

15 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Feldman's wrestling is way more sophisticated than Snyder's in high school. I'm tempted to say he's just better than Snyder was but I haven't watched feldman that much.

Who challenged Snyder in hs? I just remember wrestlling GC when he was a freshman and a sophomore, and he looked like a grown man. Check that: he looked like a 1 of 1 professional athlete. He reminded me of that time as a 7th grader (1988) when I stood next to Bruce Baumgartner and imagined the impossibility of attacking his legs/hips. 

Just as a point of comparison: we wrestled Cody Gardner in the state finals Gardner's senior year, and I never thought I would see something like that again. 5 or 6 years later when we wrestled Snyder ... well, Snyder seemed even better. Maybe it was recency bias, but Snyder made Gardner seem like a normal dude. 

If you guys are saying Feldman is more impressive, holy smokes!

Edited by jackwebster

7 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Who challenged Snyder in hs? I just remember wrestlling GC when he was a freshman and a sophomore, and he looked like a grown man. Check that: he looked like a 1 of 1 professional athlete. He reminded me of that time as a 7th grader (1988) when I stood next to Bruce Baumgartner and imagined the impossibility of attacking his legs/hips. 

Just as a point of comparison: we wrestled Cody Gardner in the state finals CG's senior year, and I never thought I would see something like that again. Snyder made Gardner seem like a normal dude. 

If you guys are saying Feldman is more impressive, holy smokes!

This post comes off kinda like you are saying Snyder wrestled Gardner, which I assume you aren't.

Snyder was a brutal handfighter, in great shape, a physical freak, and had a lot of offensive output...so the combination was overwhelming. But his attacks weren't as diverse as Feldmen's, it was a lot of inside step type attacks. Beating guys up and breaking them is fine, and even necessary at the highest levels, but if we're comparing high schoolers you have to take the guy who have the skill to pentrate from the first 2nd of the match. Thats an oversimplification btw, Snyder wasn't just some goon. 

Additionally I saw Synder at the Junior World Team trials get beat twice by Tanner Hall, and Hall had nothing but HWY edge playing, overhook freestyle garbage...it was tactically pretty clever but really not great wrestling and I was surprised Snyder got beat by it...I'm just saying in a long winded way if you are comparing high schoolers I think Feldmen is further technically than Snyder was.

Not really a surprise vs Mullen. Mullen will be very good too but he’s just a junior and need to get stronger. Feldman has already basically majored 2 guys that will be NCAA qualifiers this year. He would be mid to low AA candidate this year in a stacked HWT field.

Edited by DocBZ