Jump to content
nhs67

Arizona State VS Michigan-Monday, January 3rd

Recommended Posts

This is who they have listed as probables:

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/7216094-2022-arizona-state-vs-michigan/entries

125: #2 Nick Suriano, Michigan vs #4 Brandon Courtney, Arizona State

133: #9 Dylan Ragusin, Michigan vs #11 Michael McGee, Arizona State

141: #4 Stevan Micic vs #16 Jesse Vasquez, Arizona State

149: TBD, Michigan vs #5 Kyle Parco, Arizona State

157: #12 Will Lewan, Michigan vs #4 Jacori Teemer, Arizona State

165: #11 Cam Amine, Michigan vs #9 Anthony Valencia, Arizona State

174: #6 Logan Massa, Michigan vs Zane Coleman, Arizona State

184: #2 Myles Amine, Michigan vs Josh Nummer, Arizona State

197: #10 Patrick Brucki, Michigan vs #9 Kordell Norfleet, Arizona State

285: #2 Mason Parris, Michigan vs #3 Cohlton Schultz, Arizona State

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda doubt Suriano wrestles...

Even without him, Wrestlestat still has Michigan winning 19-15.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/4/arizona-state/40/michigan

I actually like most of their picks, I think I would just flip their predictions for 165 and 197 and still have Michigan winning 19-15 even without Suriano.

 

125: Courtney dec Medley 3-0 ASU

133: McGee dec Ragusin 6-0

141: Micic maj Vazquez 6-4

149: Parco dec Storr 9-4

157: Teemer dec Lewan 12-4

165: Valencia dec Amine 15-4 

174: Massa maj Coleman 15-8

184: Amine tech Nummer 15-13

197: Brucki dec Norfleet 16-15 Mich

285: Parris Dec Schultz 19-15

 

Should be some good matches if they happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only lock picks I see are 141, 174 and 184. They all go Michigan's way with some bonus points. The rest of the matches have some slight favorites and some toss-up matches. ASU will have to win 133 and 197 to stay in it. A lot of matches could go either way. Which Valencia shows up? Will Parco rebound?  Should be a great dual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

There is a very good chance ASU will be without one of their AAs for this dual due to a non-wrestling item (nothing academic or any type of trouble/rules related issue).

A $hitty situation.

please, by all means, elaborate....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SignificantACCBias said:

He did. There is a not-subtle dollar sign replacing a "s" in the post.

over my head....Schultz violated the NIL stipulations? I have no idea what $ would possibly mean. please I'm begging you just tell me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

idk if this is what the poster was talking about and idk if it's 100% Schultz misses this dual, but i was told he was going on a trip to Europe for GR stuff after the florida duals. 

conveniently schedule trip to let him skip the second of his only 2 matches with guys who could beat him. i hope they punish him as much as the formula allows in march if that’s the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

This is who they have listed as probables:

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/7216094-2022-arizona-state-vs-michigan/entries

125: #2 Nick Suriano, Michigan vs #4 Brandon Courtney, Arizona State

133: #9 Dylan Ragusin, Michigan vs #11 Michael McGee, Arizona State

141: #4 Stevan Micic vs #16 Jesse Vasquez, Arizona State

149: TBD, Michigan vs #5 Kyle Parco, Arizona State

157: #12 Will Lewan, Michigan vs #4 Jacori Teemer, Arizona State

165: #11 Cam Amine, Michigan vs #9 Anthony Valencia, Arizona State

174: #6 Logan Massa, Michigan vs Zane Coleman, Arizona State

184: #2 Myles Amine, Michigan vs Josh Nummer, Arizona State

197: #10 Patrick Brucki, Michigan vs #9 Kordell Norfleet, Arizona State

285: #2 Mason Parris, Michigan vs #3 Cohlton Schultz, Arizona State

 

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Wrestlestat has it as a 22-12 Wolverine victory:

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/perma/533/arizona-state-vs-michigan

Except that shows Storr at 149 lbs for Michigan and his last two matches - at the CKLV Inv. - ended with a loss by INJURY and a loss by FORFEIT on Dec. 4th.   But even with Storr in the lineup they have Parco winning 8-3 at 149 lbs.  If Storr isn't recovered from his injury they will have to go with someone else.  Michigan's next highest ranked guy at 149 lbs is # 24 ranked Chance Lamer but it appears he's being redshirted.  And their next highest ranked guy at 149 lbs is # 150 ranked Zack Mattin.

Also it has # 9 ranked Anthony Valencia losing to # 12 ranked Cameron Anime with Valencia going 2-2 vs their common opponents and Anime is 1-3 vs those same common opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bronco said:

 

Except that shows Storr at 149 lbs for Michigan and his last two matches - at the CKLV Inv. - ended with a loss by INJURY and a loss by FORFEIT on Dec. 4th.   But even with Storr in the lineup they have Parco winning 8-3 at 149 lbs.  If Storr isn't recovered from his injury they will have to go with someone else.  Michigan's next highest ranked guy at 149 lbs is # 24 ranked Chance Lamer but it appears he's being redshirted.  And their next highest ranked guy at 149 lbs is # 150 ranked Zack Mattin.

Also it has # 9 ranked Anthony Valencia losing to # 12 ranked Cameron Anime with Valencia going 2-2 vs their common opponents and Anime is 1-3 vs those same common opponents.

You must have never seen a Storr match.  If he takes the mat, it will be a 1-3 point win for one or the other.

Also with Valencia?  Anthony Valencia?  The last time he and Amine were under the same roof (NCAA's), Amine lost two close decisions to two guys that Valencia got majored and teched by.  All due respect, but using a pin over Marinelli from half a decade ago doesn't stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You must have never seen a Storr match.  If he takes the mat, it will be a 1-3 point win for one or the other.

Also with Valencia?  Anthony Valencia?  The last time he and Amine were under the same roof (NCAA's), Amine lost two close decisions to two guys that Valencia got majored and teched by.  All due respect, but using a pin over Marinelli from half a decade ago doesn't stick.

I think Valencia/Amine is a coinflip but I'm not sure comparing how much they lost by is a good comparison.   Valencia did beat the NCAA champion last year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suriano dec Courtney 3-0

McGee dec Ragusin 3-3

Micic dec Vasquez 6-3

Parco dec Storr 6-6

Teemer dec Lewan 6-9

Valencia dec Amine 6-12

Massa major Coleman 10-12

Amine fall Nummer 15-12

Brucki dec Norfleet 18-12

Parris dec Schultz 21-12

If Schultz doesn't show it could be 24-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...