Idaho

Scuffle

Here at the scuffle and 1) gotta say very impressed with tourney overall. Even tho there’s some big names that should still be here. Still been action packed 2) I already respected Brian smith and Mizzou a lot already but just it’s went to a new level this weekend. He brought his whole team and didn’t sit anyone and just I am so impressed with how he develops these guys and how when he talks they’re so engaged and listening to him off the mat. Kinda been fanboying him this weekend but just hats off to them all. Could see them top 4 next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, websterk149 said:

Here at the scuffle and 1) gotta say very impressed with tourney overall. Even tho there’s some big names that should still be here. Still been action packed 2) I already respected Brian smith and Mizzou a lot already but just it’s went to a new level this weekend. He brought his whole team and didn’t sit anyone and just I am so impressed with how he develops these guys and how when he talks they’re so engaged and listening to him off the mat. Kinda been fanboying him this weekend but just hats off to them all. Could see them top 4 next year?

Their 285 starter isn't there.  Neither is their 133lber.

Edited by nhs67

Their 285 starter isn't there.  Neither is their 133lber.

Elam who it’s already been said he actually has covid? And didn’t notice 133. But thanks for bein that guy lol. Was giving a compliment to an overall tourney and how Brian and Missouri are doin real well.

11 minutes ago, Chucktown_Luke said:

Seems like the refs let Allan Hart sit with a figure 4 leg ride or sit on an ankle all period. Happened in the Carlson match and in the Henson match. 

Well at least it's not just PSU they let do that then...

5 minutes ago, websterk149 said:

Elam who it’s already been said he actually has covid? And didn’t notice 133. But thanks for bein that guy lol. Was giving a compliment to an overall tourney and how Brian and Missouri are doin real well.

Oh I agree with Mizzou as a whole.  Big fan of Brian Smith and his 'Lets do this' attitude.  He puts the best team out that he can every step of the way and has slowly but surely been scheduling tougher duals.  I wish the 133lber was there because I wanted to see him and the Sparty (Foley) go at it. 

Elam against that field is good for him too.  I know he has been HWT for a few years bow vut he seems to have still struggled to translate his efficiency as a 220lber up.

Not saying Ayala will be another Spencer Lee (he won't), but Lee dropped a close decision match to roughly someone of the same caliber in a New Year's tournament right before his redshirt was pulled.

Oh I agree with Mizzou as a whole.  Big fan of Brian Smith and his 'Lets do this' attitude.  He puts the best team out that he can every step of the way and has slowly but surely been scheduling tougher duals.  I wish the 133lber was there because I wanted to see him and the Sparty (Foley) go at it. 
Elam against that field is good for him too.  I know he has been HWT for a few years bow vut he seems to have still struggled to translate his efficiency as a 220lber up.

Agree with all that. Glad you turned out not to be that guy lol but yes at first Brian and Missouri were just a program with couple tough kids. Now they have 9/10 ranked and are legit bracket busters. That’s why I say next year they could have a shot, give more the field at heavy to clear out and possibly get a higher AA for Elam. They’re running away with this tourney this weekend and even without the other big names that should be here from other schools it’s still a pretty stacked tourney

16 minutes ago, Jrr277 said:

Not saying Ayala will be another Spencer Lee (he won't), but Lee dropped a close decision match to roughly someone of the same caliber in a New Year's tournament right before his redshirt was pulled.

Good point. We'll see how Ayala progresses. He wrestles McKee again next week and he has progressively done better against him the last 2 matches. If he can get over the hump and score a win, then that would be a solid indicator that he's an AA threat. Though who knows with McKee, who's very hot and cold.  

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Good point. We'll see how Ayala progresses. He wrestles McKee again next week and he has progressively done better against him the last 2 matches. If he can get over the hump and score a win, then that would be a solid indicator that he's an AA threat. Though who knows with McKee, who's very hot and cold.  

I think a McKee-Ayala match gets better for Ayala the closer to weigh-ins it is.

Which means next Friday should be an Ayala win, since this one was so close.