RED

No Shows..

Are we sure they just aren’t available because of the outbreak that happened on campus? Given the current way the team title is determined, putting anyone out there who isn’t completely ready to compete (e.g. somebody who missed practices recently) is a huge mistake.

Season is too long, coaches know it but don't do anything about it. 

Need a shorter season, NCAA to get interested in a dual meet(because I said dual-meet its correct) event that will contribute team points to the individual tournament at the end. 

The rub is that the qualification/seeding for the NCAA dual thing would have to be established the season before...but hell at least everything matters.

Edited by hammerlockthree

52 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Season is too long, coaches know it but don't do anything about it. 

Need a shorter season, NCAA to get interested in a dual meet(because I said dual-meet its correct) event that will contribute team points to the individual tournament at the end. 

The rub is that the qualification/seeding for the NCAA dual thing would have to be established the season before...but hell at least everything matters.

Dual meet is correct. Duel is fine. Duel meet is incorrect.

2 minutes ago, ChicagoHawk said:

Why do ncaa football players/fans not complain about holiday bowl travel or the length of season?

because they(fans) are in an enviroment where every competition matters.

And their (players) practices are much much much easier and less likely to cause injury.

It’s just so hard on us fans when the crème de la crème of American Folkstyle wrestlers resort to total cowardice to spite the dozens of dollars we spend to watch them from behind our computer screens…and to make hundreds of anonymous comments about them and their total disregard for OUR interests during a spike in some silly contagion in a global pandemic.
Indeed, something is pathetic.

7 minutes ago, denger said:

It’s just so hard on us fans when the crème de la crème of American Folkstyle wrestlers resort to total cowardice to spite the dozens of dollars we spend to watch them from behind our computer screens…and to make hundreds of anonymous comments about them and their total disregard for OUR interests during a spike in some silly contagion in a global pandemic.

Vague, grandiose nonsense. 

Its like you were trying to imitate the flaws of the original post.

10 minutes ago, denger said:

That is 100% pure sarcasm - Not vague, grand or grandiose in any sense of these words. 

What's truly sad here is that D-1 Nats in Detroit may well get cancelled, too.

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

That is 100% pure sarcasm - Not vague, grand or grandiose in any sense of these words. 

No.

Its vague because it skirts around making any point of its own, and its grandiose because it pretends sarcasm is some sort of intellectual authority in itself.

As far as nationals getting cancelled thats just a non-sequitar on your part.

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

Are we sure they just aren’t available because of the outbreak that happened on campus? Given the current way the team title is determined, putting anyone out there who isn’t completely ready to compete (e.g. somebody who missed practices recently) is a huge mistake.

Unless it is the starters and nobody else who was exposed?  Fourteen guys are going; only six starters are not going, five of whom have their positions locked.

15 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

No.

Its vague because it skirts around making any point of its own, and its grandiose because it pretends sarcasm is some sort of intellectual authority in itself.

There is no greater intellectual authority than sarcasm.

30 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I was going for absurdity through sarcasm, so thanks, I think.

I really hope the current mutation balances out in a few weeks and we don't get any new curveballs. I want to see nationals as much as the next fan, which is woefully less than the competitors want their chance to reign. 

The recurring theme over the last few years (pre-pandemic too) that all these top caliber guys are just dodging one another to spite the fans - I think it's nonsense. Every elite wrestler I've ever met lives for competition. To say that we, the fans, are somehow being shorted in these equations is something special. 

5 minutes ago, denger said:

The recurring theme over the last few years (pre-pandemic too) that all these top caliber guys are just dodging one another to spite the fans - I think it's nonsense. Every elite wrestler I've ever met lives for competition. To say that we, the fans, are somehow being shorted in these equations is something special. 

This is a friendly post

1) you don't actually think anyone is doing anything to spite the fans

2) If athletes were being held back because of the fear that they would get covid, none of the teams holding people back would send anyone at all. Because they have to come back and wrestle. And its a 5 day quarantine regardless.

3) All this, like I said before, is because the season is too long and coaches are trying to prevent their athletes from getting busted up.

36 minutes ago, klehner said:

Unless it is the starters and nobody else who was exposed?  Fourteen guys are going; only six starters are not going, five of whom have their positions locked.

My thinking is maybe they missed practice/workout time because of everything going on. Not worth risking a bad weight cut/injury for the key guys. The other guys need experience though. 

3 hours ago, RED said:

Perhaps we should cancel everything and just show up for D-1 Nats in Detroit?  Sad.

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

No.

It's clearly not.

Maybe the implication that the D-1 Nats would still be around after all the other cancellations deserved a highlight. Particularly since it is far from given.

Personally, I believe we'll have an NCAA tournament this year. But, at the same time, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it were to be cancelled.

It's a legitimate point. You may agree or disagree. That's up to you. 

Labelling the point as a non-sequitar, is wrong. Saying I look 'dumb' doesn't amount to anything more than childish name calling.

8 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Maybe the implication that the D-1 Nats would still be around after all the other cancellations deserved a highlight. Particularly since it is far from given.

Personally, I believe we'll have an NCAA tournament this year. But, at the same time, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it were to be cancelled.

It's a legitimate point. You may agree or disagree. That's up to you. 

Labelling the point as a non-sequitar, is wrong. Saying I look 'dumb' doesn't amount to anything more than childish name calling.

Everything in bold makes no sense in reference to anything i've said. Look up "straw man argument".

I said "dumb" becuase you didn't respond to my post at all you just tried to avoid it with a snarky remark.