gowrestle

Spencer Lee Done?

Just now, jp157 said:

The point is that if kemdawg is out.. the timing makes perfect sense. Or Lee hurt it worse as he ramped up training. Both perfectly explain the timing. 

yeah but we want to know what happened not have you make stuff up and complain about us not assuming it is true.

Just now, jp157 said:

The point is that if kemdawg is out.. the timing makes perfect sense. Or Lee hurt it worse as he ramped up training. Both perfectly explain the timing. 

Maybe Kem is out and maybe not. Even if he is, I don't know that it would explain the timing. Sure Kem being out hurts Iowa's chances for a team title and I believe that Lee is motivated by a team title. But even so, would Lee not pursue his own 4th title if he could regardless of the team race?

Maybe Kem is out and maybe not. Even if he is, I don't know that it would explain the timing. Sure Kem being out hurts Iowa's chances for a team title and I believe that Lee is motivated by a team title. But even so, would Lee not pursue his own 4th title if he could regardless of the team race?

In my previous post, I said that Lee likely didn’t have surgery before this season because the team had a great shot at winning again with all of their returning wrestlers.

He could have taken a MRS and won a fourth individual title next year, but didn’t. Because of team title aspirations.

The only things I’ve heard re: Kemerer are a nagging, minor recurring injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The timing does seem odd.  It would have made more sense to have had the surgery 9 months ago after NCAAs.

Maybe they thought that he wasn't wrestling as well as they had hoped upon returning this season.

I hope he now concentrates on his surgery and rehab, and makes a full recovery.

Anything about Kemerer is way premature. People are speculating on two things. 1. He hasn't wrestled yet 2. They pulled this guy Swafford's redshirt

I doubt Spencer throws in the towel on the team race just because Kemerer got hurt. It'd make it tougher for sure (going from someone who would be a lock for Top 4 to someone whos' R12 - R16) But if anything, if Spencer was doing fine, that'd motivate him more, they need him to win then. 

My guess is Spencer's rehab isn't going well or it's causing other complications and he had a setback after the Florida duals and he knows he won't survive the season. 

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

The team title is the only logical reason to try to to do the no acls and wrestle instead of doing the surgery’s that will have him out for a year. 

And if he got hurt worse on top of it. That sealed it

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

In my previous post, I said that Lee likely didn’t have surgery before this season because the team had a great shot at winning again with all of their returning wrestlers.

He could have taken a MRS and won a fourth individual title next year, but didn’t. Because of team title aspirations.

The only things I’ve heard re: Kemerer are a nagging, minor recurring injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first point could be true-- I don't know-- but doesn't Iowa have a chance at the team title pretty much every year? Had Lee taken an MRS this year, Iowa would be strong the following year and would have reloaded with new recruits. It seems like a bad idea to risk it if he was not healthy.

As to Kem, many have linked Lee's actions to the Kem news. Maybe not you. But if you are right about Kem, there is no reason for Lee to take his MRS now-- unless he needs it regardless of Kem.

4 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

The timing does seem odd.  It would have made more sense to have had the surgery 9 months ago after NCAAs.

Maybe they thought that he wasn't wrestling as well as they had hoped upon returning this season.

It’s a double ACL surgery not one. It’ll be more than 6 month recovery 

8 minutes ago, jp157 said:

It’s a double ACL surgery not one. It’ll be more than 6 month recovery 

He should have gotten the surgery before NCAAs last year. The fact that he has been wrestling on two torn ACLs for 12 months is idiotic. He was at one point a lock to make world teams and compete for medals. At this point I’m hoping we see him at another WTT. 

53 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Dude, don’t do the church mom crap of saying something. With clear insinuations.. then hide behind pedantic word games when your point is perfectly clear.

People have explained two perfectly valid reasons why it’s happened now.. you keep being deliberately obtuse to feed your narrative of Spencer Lee just ducking and hurting the sport. That or your just obtuse 

Are you new here, that is who Hammer is. If you can accurately define him that easily, just do what I do and place him on ignore. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Are you new here, that is who Hammer is. If you can accurately define him that easily, just do what I do and place him on ignore. 

Ew.  You actually ignore people?  Am I on your list (yet?)?

41 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Agree. This feels as though they miscalculated. To read Hawkeye fans, Spencer could win NCAAs with anything short of an amputation. So why didn't he just have the surgery 9 months ago?