gowrestle

Spencer Lee Done?

I don’t know why this is hard for people to understand. 

Iowas last chance to win before a rebuild was this year. Because seniors. Without Lee, they don’t win. Period. Lee cares about being a part of a national championship team than his Olympic goals. Maybe Penn state should not have used negative **** talk about other programs.. because Iowa not doing that is why they got Lee. 

Double acl surgerys will have someone out for at least a year. Single ACLs are usually 6 months to walk. 9-12 months for hard lateral movement. 

it’s either, or a combination of.. he hurt it worse and/or kemdawg or other team injuries make the team title a moot point 

Jesus 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Agree. This feels as though they miscalculated. To read Hawkeye fans, Spencer could win NCAAs with anything short of an amputation. So why didn't he just have the surgery 9 months ago? 

he's here to gloat.....

what a gross person

Edited by hammerlockthree

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Agree. This feels as though they miscalculated. To read Hawkeye fans, Spencer could win NCAAs with anything short of an amputation. So why didn't he just have the surgery 9 months ago? 

Tbar. I know you won’t answer but how many varsity matches did you wrestle in middle school 

3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I don’t know why this is hard for people to understand. 

Iowas last chance to win before a rebuild was this year. Because seniors. Without Lee, they don’t win. Period. Lee cares about being a part of a national championship team than his Olympic goals. Maybe Penn state should not have used negative **** talk about other programs.. because Iowa not doing that is why they got Lee. 

Double acl surgerys will have someone out for at least a year. Single ACLs are usually 6 months to walk. 9-12 months for hard lateral movement. 

it’s either, or a combination of.. he hurt it worse and/or kemdawg or other team injuries make the team title a moot point 

Jesus 

Why didn’t Iowa care more about Lee’s Olympic chances than their own team titles? NCAA is still amateur competition. 

1 minute ago, jp157 said:

It’s possible he may only do one. This wouldn’t be advisable but he hasn’t followed the most advisable path so far. He was doing very well with only one hurt knee. Two was too much.

I am bummed to hear the news, but it gives Vito an opportunity to take out Suriano in the finals. Vito might be the only wrestler on Earth that can get Suriano to wrestle a little in a high stakes match. 

2 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Why didn’t Iowa care more about Lee’s Olympic chances than their own team titles? NCAA is still amateur competition. 

Lol, first priorities are different for different people. 

second, do you really think the brands could stop Lee and his dad in todays college landscape?

2 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Lol, first priorities are different for different people. 

second, do you really think the brands could stop Lee and his dad in todays college landscape?

Not stop, but encourage to make the right decision. Wrestlers will always want to wrestle-coaches should be pointing them to the best long term decision. A team title is much less important than his health and potential. 

Cael holding out Suriano was a great example of this. Against the wishes of his wrestler and hurt the team score but in his best interest as an athlete. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

7 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Tbar. I know you won’t answer but how many varsity matches did you wrestle in middle school 

One, that is weak. Two, this board is about the great wrestlers in college, not you or me. So don't make it about you or me just because your feelings are hurt. 

Lee mentions that he qualified for the Olympic trials. But he did not wrestle in them in April 2021. I guess that means he was too injured to do so. But he felt healthy enough to go by October, but now he is not. That's quite a roller coaster.

17 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

he's here to gloat.....

what a gross person

Because jp quoted you ...

You are one of the biggest douchebags around this board. You bring me up all the time, which I know because of the preferences I set in my ignore list. I don't read your gibberish, but I know you are still pre occupied because you keep brining me up. Terrible to be you. 

And I have not said one single gloating thing here tonite. Don't wish injury to anyone. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Because jp quoted you ...

You are one of the biggest douchebags around this board. You bring me up all the time, which I know because of the preferences I set in my ignore list. I don't read your gibberish, but I know you are still pre occupied because you keep brining me up. Terrible to be you. 

And I have not said one single gloating thing here tonite. Don't wish injury to anyone. 

whatever

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

One, that is weak. Two, this board is about the great wrestlers in college, not you or me. So don't make it about you or me just because your feelings are hurt. 

Dude the thing i mentioned that you used as an excuse to tell me to block him.. you just did. 
Funny non answer though 

15 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Not stop, but encourage to make the right decision. Wrestlers will always want to wrestle-coaches should be pointing them to the best long term decision. A team title is much less important than his health and potential. 

Cael holding out Suriano was a great example of this. Against the wishes of his wrestler and hurt the team score but in his best interest as an athlete. 

Bringing up Carl making the best decision in an Iowa thread? I too like to live dangerously.

This really sucks. He's been my favorite wrestler to watch during his career. Regardless of what he decides to do collegiately, I hope he fully recovers and is able to wrestle pain free. From his statement, sounds like he's been in pain while training and competing. That is not fun 

17 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Do I think Lee should have focused on Senior level more than college? Yup. But different people have different priorities and Lee and his family definitely understand the bigger picture. Lees decisions have felt like someone with different priorities I don’t like. Not like he’s ignorant or manipulated 

6 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Dude the thing i mentioned that you used as an excuse to tell me to block him.. you just did. 
Funny non answer though 

I have had him on block for a lonnngggg time. The other guy wanted me to put him on block too, and I was happy to oblige him. I don't announce blockages as they should be obvious to those who get blocked, but since the other guy asked for it and since you brought it up I can make an exception.

Edited by TBar1977

3 hours ago, wamba said:

What a shame that one of the greatest talents to ever wrestle in college also happened to be one of the most injury prone.

I know some view it as sport to blame Iowa, but my memory is that DeSanto beat Lee in his final match in PA state finals because Lee was wrestling on an injured knee (then rumored to be ACL issues).  I hope Lee can get healthy for wrestling but even more important for life.  

26 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

It’s possible he may only do one. This wouldn’t be advisable but he hasn’t followed the most advisable path so far. He was doing very well with only one hurt knee. Two was too much.

I am bummed to hear the news, but it gives Vito an opportunity to take out Suriano in the finals. Vito might be the only wrestler on Earth that can get Suriano to wrestle a little in a high stakes match. 

I’m aware. But it kinda looks like they told him that with this he either needs to do it right and get both fixed or just go 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I have had him on block for a lonnngggg time. The other guy wanted me to put him on block too, and I was happy to oblige him. 

You hide behind pedantic crap like a church mom too. And no. Not an Iowa fan. Despite being coached by Iowa alum in college. 

just stop trying to post scientific articles you don’t understand 

4 minutes ago, Elevator said:

I know some view it as sport to blame Iowa, but my memory is that DeSanto beat Lee in his final match in PA state finals because Lee was wrestling on an injured knee (then rumored to be ACL issues).  I hope Lee can get healthy for wrestling but even more important for life.  

That’s the most hilarious part of people blaming brands for his stuff