portajohn

Minnow on the Kem Rumor

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

Kemerer's tweet isn't exactly a denial. I think there's a chance he doesn't come back but that nothing is for sure.

And there lies the rub with the whole Mineo reporting style.  He has all the opportunity to preface most of his information with wording such as this,  but chooses to report everything as set in stone fact in the hopes he will get some type of recognition for being the person who broke the news first. But, despite multiple occasion of being caught over reaching by miles he seems to refuse to make that adjustment in his reporting style and has lost credibility with many in the wrestling community.  Only those still wanting to hang on his speculation to post or retweet quickly seem to be keeping his reporting noticeable in the wrestling mainstream.  If he’d us phrases like “I’m hearing from inside sources progress is not looking good” or “reliable sources are say that there is a reasonable chance he may not compete” or something else to that effect then I don’t think he get hardly any blowback from his posts.  And the sad thing is he would get just as much attention from the wrestling community from reporting that type of information but it would be minus most of the blowback he currently receives.  

Edited by MadMardigain

4 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

And there lies the rub with the whole Mineo reporting style.  He has all the opportunity to preface most of his information with wording such as this,  ut chooses to report everything as fact instead just in the hope of somehow being the first to report the news.  If he’d as phrases like “I’m hearing from inside sources progress is not looking good” or “sources say that that is a reasonable chance he may not compete” or something else to that effect then I don’t think he get hardly any blowback from his posts.   But, despite multiple occasion of being caught over reaching he seems to refuse to make that adjustment in his reporting style.  And the sad thing is he would get just as much attention from the wrestling community from reporting this type of information but it would be minus most of the blowback he currently receives.  

Actually a big problem with it is folks are calling it reporting and he thrives off being labeled a reporter.

1 hour ago, MadMardigain said:

If he’d us phrases like “I’m hearing from inside sources progress is not looking good” or “reliable sources are say that there is a reasonable chance he may not compete” or something else to that effect then I don’t think he get hardly any blowback from his posts.  And the sad thing is he would get just as much attention from the wrestling community from reporting that type of information but it would be minus most of the blowback he currently receives.  

I'm pretty sure he has done that before, but then I think the blowback is that he brags about being right even if he prefaced it by "I'm hearing..."