MizzouGrad

Wrestling media is toxic

On 1/2/2022 at 3:21 AM, Husker_Du said:

I admit - it was a bad look. i should have just stfu and not responded on twitter. 

That is the crutch.  You live on social media so it was impossible for you not to respond.

Addictions, narcissism and self gratification has a funny way.

1. A lot of wrestling is toxic, not just the media.

2. Bleach is also really bad if you put it into your eyes, or body at all, despite some political statements to the contrary.

3. I agree that the UV thing can't work without at least 5 minutes of exposure to kill something like MRSA or Covid, but I would be interested to see how the mechanical removal mechanism functions.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:54 PM, 1032004 said:

Obviously "no one" is an exaggeration.   But a lot less people.

https://www.nationalwrestlingmedia.com/journalist-of-the-year/

I think I've only heard of 5 of the people on this list, Schalles because of his wrestling career and I probably wouldn't have heard of Saylor or Kania if not for Flo.

True, but most of those listed write for local papers. Unless you live in Des Moines there is no reason you would be familiar with their local sportswriters (unless you've followed links to more than a few of their articles).

On 1/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, 1032004 said:

Obviously "no one" is an exaggeration.   But a lot less people.

https://www.nationalwrestlingmedia.com/journalist-of-the-year/

I think I've only heard of 5 of the people on this list, Schalles because of his wrestling career and I probably wouldn't have heard of Saylor or Kania if not for Flo.

That is a nice list.  I know only a few as well.  Side note - I think our own JB deserves a place on that list..

7 hours ago, nhs67 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrPatMineo/status/1478571522809896960?cxt=HHwWgIC9geu9-IQpAAAA

Anyone else find this ~40% pathetic, ~50% hilarious, ~60% ironic, and ~10% sad?

tbh i find some truth in it. a decent amount, actually. 

the fact of the matter is that college coaches and organizations in power in this sport hold it back - including but not limited to - the coverage of it. 

Edited by Husker_Du

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

tbh i find some truth in it. a decent amount, actually. 

the fact of the matter is that college coaches and organizations in power in this sport hold it back - including but not limited to - the coverage of it. 

I don't disagree in the slightest, either.  That doesn't change that he is the worst 'media' person to try to act like people not holding themselves accountable to their own words, as well as honest integrity.  It is preposterous that he would even attempt to soap box it.

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't disagree in the slightest, either.  That doesn't change that he is the worst 'media' person to try to act like people not holding themselves accountable to their own words, as well as honest integrity.  It is preposterous that he would even attempt to soap box it.

If I had any desire to interact with him at all, I would explain to him that the people at ESPN are respected. Wrestling community can handle Twitter just fine. 

Edited by Lurker

nhs - no objection from me other than to say there would be much less need for speculation (and mineos often 'wrongness') if coaches were forthright. 

Lurker - they cannot.

A staff member of mine tweeted info from an official SID press release yesterday and a DI coach took issue with it b/c it came out before he could tell his team. 

14 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Lurker - they cannot.

Gonna have to agree to disagree with ya there. From my view it’s certain people and their ways, not Twitter that the wrestling community can’t handle. 

A staff member of mine tweeted info from an official SID press release yesterday and a DI coach took issue with it b/c it came out before he could tell his team. 
I’m aware  

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.

Fuuuuddddggggee!  Although I didn't say Fudge