Sign in to follow this  
BerniePragle

An interesting story from 40+ years ago

On 1/3/2022 at 6:14 PM, RichB said:

T9, almost always the excuse, almost never the reason.

see Alabama, Notre Dame,  Oregon, BosU.

I've never heard much about Alabama wrestling.  When did they have a program?  And why was it dropped?

I know Auburn had a good program in the early 1980's, that was dropped after finishing in the top ten at the NCAA tournament, but I've never heard much about Alabama.

Edited by smsu150

I never hear about good HS wrestlers coming out of Alabama or MS. I do occasionally hear about good HS wrestlers in TX, GA, and FL. It's surprising there's no college wrestling in any of those states - particularly FL.

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I wrote Oregon State and meant Oregon State. They dropped for a few months after Howard Harris won in '80.

ok.....thanks.........didn't remember that. Tried to look it up.....can you point me to conformation?

Edited by AKHUNTER

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

After 40 years? 

Can you just pull that microfiche tape out and maybe get a pic with your 110 automatic, then run it down to 1hr film developer. You're gonna need AKHUNTERS address and a stamp so you can mail him the negative.  I would hope that would be enough confirmation.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, gimpeltf said:

After 40 years? 

well..........yes after 40 years.......... I have found wrestling articles that included ME more than 50 years ago.

I found one site that might have the info but would have to pay.to MAYBE find the info.

10 minutes ago, AKHUNTER said:

well..........yes after 40 years.......... I have found wrestling articles that included ME more than 50 years ago.

I found one site that might have the info but would have to pay.to MAYBE find the info.

If you have a brilliant idea of what to look for- go on!