Bardamu911

is it easy to cancel a Flo subscription?

You'll definitely be stuck with the whole $150. You can cancel it after the dual, but all that will do is change your membership status to "expires on 1/4/2023". There's no way around it without doing something immoral/illegal.

That isn't true.

You can do a month by month on one of the other platforms, such as Gymnastics (which was my original foray).  It ends up being $30, or at least it was.  You actually save a LOT of money going the yearly route via Flowrestling than I did on the Gymnastics, and I had the Gymnastics monthly for nearly two years before I realized I could even do a yearly one.  I am sure it was an option, but it was poorly communicated.  I actually went to Flowrestling and had to get someone on the phone to cancel my monthly for Flogymnastics.  That was how I found out I had the option to do yearly anyways.  Just a gouging method, I am sure.  When I asked about my $210 back from each year I was laughed at, impressively.

32 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That isn't true.

You can do a month by month on one of the other platforms, such as Gymnastics (which was my original foray).  It ends up being $30, or at least it was.  You actually save a LOT of money going the yearly route via Flowrestling than I did on the Gymnastics, and I had the Gymnastics monthly for nearly two years before I realized I could even do a yearly one.  I am sure it was an option, but it was poorly communicated.  I actually went to Flowrestling and had to get someone on the phone to cancel my monthly for Flogymnastics.  That was how I found out I had the option to do yearly anyways.  Just a gouging method, I am sure.  When I asked about my $210 back from each year I was laughed at, impressively.

The most impressive statement in the entire post...

Edited by Mphillips

8 hours ago, Jrr277 said:

You'll definitely be stuck with the whole $150. You can cancel it after the dual, but all that will do is change your membership status to "expires on 1/4/2023". There's no way around it without doing something immoral/illegal.

I looked at Flowrestling pricing last week and my recollection was they still had that page where they claim $12.50 per month, then the re direct to $150 per year. That re direct is precisely the sort of thing that will prevent me from doing business with them. 

21 minutes ago, jstock said:

Those that are skeptical may consider signing up with a prepaid credit card. They can’t automatically charge your card and there will be no cancellation hassle 

Isn't that fraud?  You agree to pay them for a year's subscription, and then refuse to pay it?

9 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

I wanna get acces to Flo so I can watch the Arizona State v Michigan dual tomorrow, is it easy to cancel after and only end up paying for a month or is there some hook they get ya on? 

If doing so you might want to consider hanging on thru Feb.  OSU v Iowa is also in Dallas area mid Feb supposed to be on Flo and with current/new developments should be a very competitive dual meet, certainly worth $20.

59 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

The most impressive statement in the entire post...

It was years ago.  Legit 6 or 7 years ago.  I don't know if I would or could do that now.  Also, as I said it was Flogymnastics.  Not sure how their CS systems work or are related.  They may very well be the same.  I know the streaming 'issues' are pretty consistent across platforms.  Not complaining, as I understand that there are dozens of factors not pertaining to Flo or their staff that will cause issues with these.

12 minutes ago, klehner said:

Isn't that fraud?  You agree to pay them for a year's subscription, and then refuse to pay it?

The prepaid way is actually how I did the first year I had.  It isn't fraudulent as it charges you the $150 like a regular card.  If the funds aren't on there it won't go through.  After a year you would/will need to put in new payment information once your subscription expires.  Fairly easy and simple.  Expiration date gets here and you no longer have access.  Update info and click pay, and blammo you're good again.  So in actuality that first year for me was ~$153.

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

If doing so you might want to consider hanging on thru Feb.  OSU v Iowa is also in Dallas area mid Feb supposed to be on Flo and with current/new developments should be a very competitive dual meet, certainly worth $20.

$30 is the cost for monthly.  So that would be $60 for two months.

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Not complaining, as I understand that there are dozens of factors not pertaining to Flo or their staff that will cause issues with these.

Agreed. I've seen more wrestling because of FLO. The streams have improved, but those first couple years were frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, Katie said:

Apparently FloSports acquired Trackwrestling almost a year ago.

Part of the masterplan...

1 hour ago, klehner said:

****disregard my original reply, I thought you were replying to me but I realize now you weren't. Carry on and GO DEVILS!!!

Edited by Bardamu911

4 minutes ago, scribe said:

There are a few things certain in this life. Death. Taxes. And impossible to stop recurring charges for watching wrestling. 

death, taxes, recurring charges to watch amateur wrestling, and idiotic MMA and boxing fans alleging that literally every fight is fixed. I swear to god you can set your watch by it. 

**edit: to clarify I'm a fight fan too. 

Edited by Bardamu911

That isn't true.

I believe the month-to-month option on gymnastics ended a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, lu_alum said:

I believe the month-to-month option on gymnastics ended a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I quit doing month by month like 6 or 7 years ago, myself?  I am on the hook for $150 a year.  As much crap as it talked, they are still the gold standard and are comparatively worth the $12.50 a month it comes out to.