Sign in to follow this  
MikeMalLover

Other Forums

1 hour ago, MikeMalLover said:

First time caller long time listener. Just curious on what other forums do you all frequent?? Just looking for more info on rosters/ red shirts being pulled etc. 

Thanks 

MML

A few teams have there own forums where you can get some good information, I check the Penn state , Rutgers and Iowa boards , 34 and counting the Oklahoma state page has been pretty dead the last couple seasons but has some good stuff in season every now and then 

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

A few teams have there own forums where you can get some good information, I check the Penn state , Rutgers and Iowa boards , 34 and counting the Oklahoma state page has been pretty dead the last couple seasons but has some good stuff in season every now and then 

Thanks, you by chance have the links to those forums? 

3 minutes ago, MikeMalLover said:

it seems its against the board policy to post links to other forums.  I tried and the software removes the link entirely.

For Penn State Search for Blue and White Forum - The Wrestling Room

For Iowa search Hawkeye Report

For Rutgers search the Knight Report

2 minutes ago, MikeMalLover said:

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/forums/nj-ru-wrestling-forum.41/

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/forums/iowa-wrestling.16/

https://www.on3.com/boards/forums/the-wrestling-room.50/

https://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/forums/34-and-counting.16/

all of these are free but they may have you make a free account but I find some good stuff on them….Iowa board can be a little toxic at times 

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

it seems its against the board policy to post links to other forums.  I tried and the software removes the link entirely.

For Penn State Search for Blue and White Forum - The Wrestling Room

For Iowa search Hawkeye Report

For Rutgers search the Knight Report

Just use the tools the forum has, there is no board policy about links to other forums, just format the links correctly when posting. Spamming boards, for example or spamming outside things are against board policy. 

3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

PSU board is active but it can be boring at times...many of them don't like to speculate, rather they just say "whatever Cael decides is best."   Which is usually true, but doesn't mean you can't speculate.

Thanks for the topic and links. I have visited most of those pages and found them interesting to get a little more insight to those schools. I had always wondered if there was another site out that I was missing out on.  

I’m really surprised that Ohio state doesn’t have a better following. I’ve been to a couple of their sights but mostly stale content and just a main poster or two. 

5 hours ago, MikeMalLover said:

First time caller long time listener. Just curious on what other forums do you all frequent?? Just looking for more info on rosters/ red shirts being pulled etc. 

Thanks 

MML.

So does he like it rough? Are there a lot of awkward fake laughs at intimate moments?

2 hours ago, Waste Management said:

Just use the tools the forum has, there is no board policy about links to other forums, just format the links correctly when posting. Spamming boards, for example or spamming outside things are against board policy. 

When I posted the links originally, they were changed over to an "Error" Icon which I interpreted to be by design as a form of policy.   Thanks for the clarification regarding what is allowed

19 hours ago, flyingcement said:

When I posted the links originally, they were changed over to an "Error" Icon which I interpreted to be by design as a form of policy.   Thanks for the clarification regarding what is allowed

There is a possibility the software has an anti-spam setting that keeps accounts with under a set number of posts from posting more than x-amount of links. I'll have to ask around, since I'm pretty new around here. 

On 1/4/2022 at 8:54 PM, Waste Management said:

But isn't creating rules around the format of links infringing on my 1st amendment rights??  This is a government run forum is it not...I mean it has US in the name.

Ohiowrestling.net is a slow but solid board covering Ohio HS and college wrestling. The guillotine has a college forum geared primarily toward the Minnesota Gophers. Va tech has a forum that offers a very retro message board experience. 

SAdly there seems to be no forum that cover PIAA wrestling, or any regions (Wrestling Report had forms for WPIAL, PennLive and LehighValley covered the central and eastern parts of the state.)

1 hour ago, RichB said:

SAdly there seems to be no forum that cover PIAA wrestling, or any regions (Wrestling Report had forms for WPIAL, PennLive and LehighValley covered the central and eastern parts of the state.)

https://forums.delphiforums.com/d11wrestling?gid=2095256451

This site used to have a lot more traffic and was once half reliable for D11 stuff

On 1/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, dman115 said:

But isn't creating rules around the format of links infringing on my 1st amendment rights??  This is a government run forum is it not...I mean it has US in the name.

You're dman but your not NJDan.