Martin Floreani Live

10 years ago this guy was going around asking every college coach what percentage of wrestling is mental and what percentage is physical.  Now he's a vaccine/medical expert.  Quite the transformation.  Is being an antivaxer required to work for these wrestling media companies or something? Is it too much to ask for a media company that I can subscribe to and watch wrestling that is professional and not annoyingly political?

In Rokfin's defense though, their business practices are miles beyond Flo (just check out their respective BBB pages and response to complaints).  

Edited by Billyhoyle

So far today 2,143 Americans have died from covid, ZERO have died from the vaccine. Common sense by definition is supposed to be common but it seems like alternative facts are just as common anymore. The fact that we're letting the willfully ignorant win is pretty darn scary. 

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

10 years ago this guy was going around asking every college coach what percentage of wrestling is mental and what percentage is physical.  Now he's a vaccine/medical expert.  Quite the transformation.  Is being an antivaxer required to work for these wrestling media companies or something? Is it too much to ask for a media company that I can subscribe to and watch wrestling that is professional and not annoyingly political?

In Rokfin's defense though, their business practices are miles beyond Flo (just check out their respective BBB pages and response to complaints).  

Fun fact: Martin still has a decent stake in Flowrestling as well as Rokfin. It is funny to see people try to pit them against each other when the same guy makes money regardless of the choice you make as a consumer (unless you opt to support neither, obviously). 

3 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Fun fact: Martin still has a decent stake in Flowrestling as well as Rokfin. It is funny to see people try to pit them against each other when the same guy makes money regardless of the choice you make as a consumer (unless you opt to support neither, obviously). 

Lots of investors do this to hedge their company specific bets while betting on an industry.

In a somewhat similar sense, I bet you have both Coke and Pepsi in your retirement 

8 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Lots of investors do this to hedge their company specific bets while betting on an industry.

In a somewhat similar sense, I bet you have both Coke and Pepsi in your retirement 

Wouldn't this be more comparable to the founder of Coca Cola leaving the company loudly and then starting Pepsi as an alternative while hiding the fact that he is getting rich no matter which you choose? 

Also, I don't have either in my retirement I get my financial advice from Ben Askren so I am fully leveraged in ****-coins /s

12 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

True but they did still sue him...

Samething happen at Flo had lots of streaming issues and  never addressed them at all. Now at Rokfin samething it's just   wrestling on a screen no scores most of the time no overlays.  Make a PPV model with a ****ty product but yet ask for more $. Ambulance chasers in wrestling is now what we have on Rokfin.

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Know what you guys should do - find people that you disagree with and then rip their whole life apart. very fun exercise. 

Oh come on you of all people cannot seriously be swinging the sword of righteousness. Just say it bothers you that people think your boss might be pretty weird and not so sharp.

lol. yes, it is dramatic. but so is making the leap from a covid disagreement to: 'he's an idiot who keeps getting lucky'. especially when you never met the guy.

btw - the other guy in the vid is Joe Velliquette. 3xer in Missouri (iirc he beat Ke-Shawn in the finals for one of those). UPenn engineering grad. model american. 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

lol. yes, it is dramatic. but so is making the leap from a covid disagreement to: 'he's an idiot who keeps getting lucky'. especially when you never met the guy.

btw - the other guy in the vid is Joe Velliquette. 3xer in Missouri (iirc he beat Ke-Shawn in the finals for one of those). UPenn engineering grad. model american. 

Anyone that watched your trial knows Martin is smart.  There are definitely smart people making bad covid arguments though (McCullough and Malone for example).  Martin is definitely leaning that way but he doesn't usually go full on conspiracy mode (like Velliquette who was even dropping the Holocaust comparisons).

Didn't realize at first this was some sort of regular podcast.

tbh i didn't watch the whole thing. i guess my point is - some people can be very sharp (which both martin and joe are) and still produce some takes that you think are crazy/stupid. that's all i meant. martin's success certainly cannot be chalked up simply to 'luck' as someone suggested above. 

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

tbh i didn't watch the whole thing. i guess my point is - some people can be very sharp (which both martin and joe are) and still produce some takes that you think are crazy/stupid. that's all i meant. martin's success certainly cannot be chalked up simply to 'luck' as someone suggested above. 

Sure, but understand that by him being so nutty, he is specifically hurting your business. I don’t care what his personal beliefs are, but I don’t want to put money into a product that is going to somebody who is so outwardly and outspokenly anti vax/anti science. Rokfin is a platform that allows content from people with different views, but he’s not taking a professional approach to the service as the leader of the company with videos like this. I have no idea what the President of ESPN thinks about vaccines or politics-and that’s a good thing. 

In terms of you saying we shouldn’t judge him/draw conclusions about him, he essentially says in the video that he likes masks because he can immediately tell what type of person somebody is based on whether or not they’re wearing one. The entire video was the type of thing you’d see from a content creator, not the professional face of the company. 

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

In terms of you saying we shouldn’t judge him/draw conclusions about him, he essentially says in the video that he likes masks because he can immediately tell what type of person somebody is based on whether or not they’re wearing one. 

“No offense to people that wear masks though!”  Almost lol’ed at that one

3 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Sure, but understand that by him being so nutty, he is specifically hurting your business. I don’t care what his personal beliefs are, but I don’t want to put money into a product that is going to somebody who is so outwardly and outspokenly anti vax/anti science. Rokfin is a platform that allows content from people with different views, but he’s not taking a professional approach to the service as the leader of the company with videos like this. I have no idea what the President of ESPN thinks about vaccines or politics-and that’s a good thing. 

In terms of you saying we shouldn’t judge him/draw conclusions about him, he essentially says in the video that he likes masks because he can immediately tell what type of person somebody is based on whether or not they’re wearing one. The entire video was the type of thing you’d see from a content creator, not the professional face of the company. 

The irony is pretty rich when the forum's resident know-nothing know-it-all feels the need to admonish someone for not staying in their lane. 

Why is it that those accusing others of being "anti vax/anti science" appear to know little about vaccines and science let alone common sense or decency? "The science" is far more nuanced than what Tony Fauci would have you believe--it's surreal that the mouth-breathing MAGAs intuition of this is more on the mark than those who love wagging their fingers at them.

16 minutes ago, TobyMcNugget said:

The irony is pretty rich when the forum's resident know-nothing know-it-all feels the need to admonish someone for not staying in their lane. 

Why is it that those accusing others of being "anti vax/anti science" appear to know little about vaccines and science let alone common sense or decency? "The science" is far more nuanced than what Tony Fauci would have you believe--it's surreal that the mouth-breathing MAGAs intuition of this is more on the mark than those who love wagging their fingers at them.

What’s up with all the random spaces in your post?

I’m not accusing him of anything-his words say it all. Not sure why that triggers you. 

2 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

What’s up with all the random spaces in your post?

I’m not accusing him of anything-his words say it all. Not sure why that triggers you. 

Glad you are so concerned about aesthetics of my post.

So was his podcast called "Martin's anti-vax/anti-science hour"?  If not, his words did not "say it all"--you provided a judgement. You litter this forum with a nauseating combination of hubris and Covid half-truths in threads that have nothing to do with it. Reasonable threads degenerate into nonsense because people feel the need to take pot-shots at the "anti-vaxxers". It's a disservice to the forum. The moderators would do well to create a section for Covid, let people have at it and ban those that drag every wrestling thread into Covid virtue-signaling.