We will see how this ends up. He retired because of head injuries. Regardless of weight class he is a major upgrade over both Lee brothers if healthy. He likely was beating the heck out of guys like Tanner Cook in the room and thought he could give it another last run

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Back again

Berge’s back

Tell a friend

At that moment he had a thought that he'd never imagine he'd consider. "I could just cheat," he thought, "and that would solve the problem." He tried to move on from the thought but it was persistent. It didn't want to go away and, if he was honest with himself, he didn't want it to.

Eagerly anticipating the 9 page thread screaming about how Cael doesn't care about the health of athletes.

Also, interesting line in his return announcement where he says he's going to come back to SDSU after he goes to "the only place I can accomplish my goals...Penn State." Kind of hard to sell the program at SDSU to recruits as a coach later, lol.

Either way, I'll be nervous every time he wrestles, I think this is a bad idea, but I just hope he stays healthy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Eagerly anticipating the 9 page thread screaming about how Cael doesn't care about the health of athletes.

Wait, they aren't up to 9 pages on HR yet? 

Edited by TBar1977

Also, interesting line in his return announcement where he says he's going to come back to SDSU after he goes to "the only place I can accomplish my goals...Penn State." Kind of hard to sell the program at SDSU to recruits as a coach later, lol.

No, not really.

It's not a problem to sell SDSU to recruits without claiming they are at the level of PSU. On the contrary, kids who may choose SDSU are actually going to be even more interested knowing that a PSU stud is a coach.

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

You mean he isn't wrestling for the Jack Rabbits?  I assumed with all the yellow & blue rabbit stuff on the announcement he was wrestling for SDSU?!  ;_;

27 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Either way, I'll be nervous every time he wrestles, I think this is a bad idea, but I just hope he stays healthy.

Kinda misquoted him there.. 

"I am returning to the one place I can chase this dream" =/= "the only place I can accomplish my goals..."

Kinda misquoted him there.. 
"I am returning to the one place I can chase this dream" =/= "the only place I can accomplish my goals..."

Sure, that's fair, I should have taken the time to copy and paste but didn't because I'm doing it from my phone. The actual quote is worse.

Sure, that's fair, I should have taken the time to copy and paste but didn't because I'm doing it from my phone. The actual quote is worse.

He actually might have meant it literally because there apparently are some rules to him competing anywhere else:

3 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

We will see how this ends up. He retired because of head injuries. Regardless of weight class he is a major upgrade over both Lee brothers if healthy. He likely was beating the heck out of guys like Tanner Cook in the room and thought he could give it another last run

He retired because of the knee injury he got in the quarters of ncaas 

16 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

Would be a cool story if he AAs. 

Anyone know the specific rules? That line also caught me, I just assumed it was easier as an alum to get into a program last minute but maybe something else

He would prob need to get in grad program to wrestle anywhere else and doubt can do that SDSU cause that's not why he went there.  At PSU might have options of grad program with eligibility remaining perhaps extra hours toward double major etc.

52 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

So where exactly should he go to chase his dream?