13 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Anyways, for those in the know, when is Berge projected in the lineup? Is it possible he makes his debut tonight?!? That would be pretty boss 

No idea at this point.  But PSU radio announcer Byers stated Berge is expected at 165 this year.  things could change

4 minute mark. Spencer Lee acknowledging Kemerer was beat up and didn't want to come back.

"I knew that Michael had another year of eligibility and he did not want to take it"

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

That was my question as well. The resident PSU crew took your statement and extrapolated it to "Iowa fans think this"... Which seemed weird to me

I'm not the one who equated him to being an Iowa fan however, many Iowa fans do think this.. or do you deny this? It is a false equivalency, however the line of thought absolutely is there.

On 1/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, TBar1977 said:

This. Those same fans that hate the idea of Berge wrestling for Penn State would applaud Berge wrestling for SDSU. Then it would be all good. 

And for the PI list that someone else mentioned, Berge was already wrestling as a coach. 

On 1/7/2022 at 9:48 AM, wrestlingphish said:

Ah yes, noted Iowa fan @lu_alum.

I am curious as to what really led to the official retirement. Was it concussions, knee injury, both, or just HEW? When Gomez transferred, the rumor around central Iowa was that ISU's athletic staff would not clear him for competition which is why he transferred to Wisconsin (I'm sure Parker and Degen being back played a factor as well). If Berge was just tired, hurt, and done then I am glad he found the passion again and hope he goes 0-2 at B1Gs and fails to qualify the weight for PSU. 

If you are suggesting I called lu_alum an Iowa fan, as shown above I did not. When I referred to the PI list I referred to  "someone else". 

Edited by TBar1977

Does anyone know if Berge is in the PSU room and aiming for 165 instead of 157?   That's a big Berge!  Although I guess his younger brother is an upper weight so maybe this is natural growth and 157 is too big of a cut?  

8 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Does anyone know if Berge is in the PSU room and aiming for 165 instead of 157?   That's a big Berge!  Although I guess his younger brother is an upper weight so maybe this is natural growth and 157 is too big of a cut?  

All Cael said today is , "he's down in the room"...Doubt we'll know anything until maybe  later this week.  

Edited by portajohn

10 minutes ago, Elevator said:

To be fair Berge has wrestled 74kg for our age level teams in the past.  165 isn't much more than that.

Also, I think Penn State gets more out of him at 157 than 165.  Edsall isn't proving to be serviceable.

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Cael said Berge arrived on campus Sunday, had his first classes yesterday and is practicing today.

Also, my understanding is that he had been training in the room as a coach, so might be expected to hit the ground running.  Presumably, he was ramping up to NCAA 2nd semester wrestling and did not decide this after the New Year.

1 minute ago, Elevator said:

Also, my understanding is that he had been training in the room as a coach, so might be expected to hit the ground running.  Presumably, he was ramping up to NCAA 2nd semester wrestling and did not decide this after the New Year.

Yeah pretty sure Carl said he was drilling way before we were speak'n bout this.  

40 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

To be fair Berge has wrestled 74kg for our age level teams in the past.  165 isn't much more than that.

Also, I think Penn State gets more out of him at 157 than 165.  Edsall isn't proving to be serviceable.

None of their wrestlers at 157 or 16 are "serviceable".  He's an upgrade at either weight.  If he can make it, 157 is a much easier weight, IMO.