Sign in to follow this  
nhs67

Detroit Catholic Central Invite

The high school kid, and Iowa State commit, Manny Rojas from Detroit Catholic... who just beat Purdue's Nachohouse at Midlands(Matman)... the same Nachohouse who just beat Mikey Labs of Nebraska last night has the 1 seed.  The 2 seed is recent Penn State commit Josh Barr from Davison.

119 is just as, if not more intriguing.  If you know, you know.

Rojas takes it.  Dude is a horse. 

As you mention, 119 lived up to its billing with Horwath taking a narrow decision over Davis--great bout.

At 160, Brown commit Jacob Gonzalez was dominant. 

Team wise, not even close with Davison outdistancing Dundee and CC by a wide margin.

4 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Rojas takes it.  Dude is a horse. 

As you mention, 119 lived up to its billing with Horwath taking a narrow decision over Davis--great bout.

At 160, Brown commit Jacob Gonzalez was dominant. 

Team wise, not even close with Davison outdistancing Dundee and CC by a wide margin.

Was CC down a few horses?  I expected them to contend with Davison with Dundee a distant 3rd.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Was CC down a few horses?  I expected them to contend with Davison with Dundee a distant 3rd.

They were missing some guys but I don't know that it would have made a major difference.  Gilcher would have made a big difference, but not enough to catch Davison.

I've heard he planned on staying up, but some feel the loss would make him think about dropping.  Considering how close the bout was and that Barr is still only a junior and very competitive, I'd think he would stay up for the challenge.  Would make for a great finals for sure!

25 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

I've heard he planned on staying up, but some feel the loss would make him think about dropping.  Considering how close the bout was and that Barr is still only a junior and very competitive, I'd think he would stay up for the challenge.  Would make for a great finals for sure!

Well I look forward to it, in either case.