Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

PD3 to Bellator

Well if they needed a over the top mouthpiece to help promote a fight they found their guy. I’d like to see him make it through a couple fights to see how he would actually do vs. decent competition.   But, we will see if he can maintain enough composure in person and online to get him that far.  I still say Humphrey’s was by far the best at wrangling his antics in and refocusing him, but that only ended up lasting so long.   

Edited by MadMardigain

4 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Well if they needed a over the top mouthpiece to help promote a fight they found their guy. I’d like to see him make it through a couple fights to see how he would actually do vs. decent competition.   But, we will see if he can maintain enough composure in person and online to get him that far.  I still say Humphrey’s was by far the best at wrangling his antics in and refocusing him, but that only ended up lasting so long.   

He's only good at that in the comparatively polite world of wrestling. he's not smart enough to stand out in a field of trash talkers.

His real problem is that his character issues are gonna prevent him from developing because he'll never get a team of people to care about his success. He just goes from place to place toxifying them until he has to leave...

He is in the realm of prize fighting now.

Its not just about winning. He has to navigate the backroom politics and brand building. Paul brothers are very successful prize fighters, if boxing was run like a sport they'd flop. Its a world of difference.

Askren often mentions how its great to come into MMA with a following already established.  

On 1/8/2022 at 9:19 AM, Sstern said:

After one good punch to the face he will be done.

He is mentally weak.

This.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, hammerlockthree said:

His real problem is that his character issues are gonna prevent him from developing because he'll never get a team of people to care about his success. He just goes from place to place toxifying them until he has to leave...

I agree with you, but Colby Covington is the same, and things seem to have worked out for him.

I can see Downey hitting some go behinds into highlight reel reverse lifts into ground and pound on some tomato cans so he can "ascend" (I say that in a marketing sense only).

It's going to be really awkward 'round these parts if he meets up and knocks out Nickal, and promoters would be chomping at the bit to make that fight happen to sell views.

19 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

What about him getting kicked out of ATT and Masvidal hating him?  

That happens more than you think. Two guys, same weight, both contenders. It just became a spectacle because they are hyping a fight. No other reason. Just like all the stuff with Usman. He doesn't mean it or really believe it. But he knows it gets attention and sells tickets either or people who like his pro Trump, anti foreigner act or people who want to see him get beat up. 

On 1/10/2022 at 5:15 PM, hammerlockthree said:

I'll say that I don't know much about covington, but the stuff I've heard about downey through the grapevine is worse than whats floated on here.

Same here.  Apparently he isn't training where he says he is, yeah?

Since he has transitioned over to MMA I am full-on in support of his success again, but he is going to find out real quick that Bellator isn't some drunked out frat boys.  If he even makes it there.  He has to actually show up, which includes finding his own flights.

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Same here.  Apparently he isn't training where he says he is, yeah?

Since he has transitioned over to MMA I am full-on in support of his success again, but he is going to find out real quick that Bellator isn't some drunked out frat boys.  If he even makes it there.  He has to actually show up, which includes finding his own flights.

Don’t mean to sound like a “get off my lawn” guy, but why are people in support of his success?

The guy has blown like 8 second chances he’s gotten and burned every bridge he’s gone across in wrestling, and gets rewarded with a Bellator contract.   Doesn’t seem like a good example being set.  I hope he doesn’t blow this one too, but can’t imagine he won’t.

21 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

does that happen when people cycle off? Never heard of it but I've also never seen a skin disease like that before...looks like hot spots on a dog...

I dont think it has anything to do with a "steroid cycle" for performance.  Its basically a bad reaction using a steroid creme like cortisone for too long. The skin gets used to it then freakas out when the treatments stop.   

Edited by matts1w

12 hours ago, 1032004 said:

The fight was also over a month out…is this something that should take that long to recover from? 

From Wikipedia:  

The duration of acute topical corticosteroid withdrawal is variable; the skin can take months to years to return to its original condition.[2][10] The duration of steroid use may influence the recovery factor time, with the patients who used steroids for the longest reporting the slowest recovery.

I'm no Downey fan but I can see he needs some time to heal.  That looks really ganrly.

Edited by matts1w

2 hours ago, matts1w said:

I dont think it has anything to do with a "steroid cycle" for performance.  Its basically a bad reaction using a steroid creme like cortisone for too long. The skin gets used to it then freakas out when the treatments stop.   

To clarify, steroid in the sense of PEDs can be applied topically correct? I don't know much about it but I remember someone saying Barry Bonds steroids were topically applied.

Anabolic steroids, winstrol, are PED's. Glucocorticoids, steroids such as cortisone, are anti- inflammatories.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk